Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A long list of ways the community can make you wierd

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

A long list of ways the community can make you wierd Empty
PostSubject: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:35 am

http://www.datinggroundwork.com/community

I wont copy and paste the whole thing because it is hugely long but its worth a read. 25 or so points on how this makes you strange, with a few on how good it is. Read it, understand it.
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 am

Is this the same one that xfman posted on PUAF about a year ago?
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:03 am

It might be. Its copywrited from 2006-2008 so its prob been there a while. Its still an interesting read though.
Some of the topics are (if they are the same then its prob all the same):
Feeling arrogant and superior just for being in the 'Community'
Being an unsolicited advice and opinion giver
Overdoing it with the Community jargon
Trading one set of misguided ideas about women for another

Theres heaps more aswell. Does it sound the same??
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:45 am

I scanned through it and read some of the points that really caught me and I'm pretty sure it's the same. Either that or it's similar enough that it sounds very familiar. It's a great thing to read from time to time, cause it really does help stop those things. I could identify a few things that I've got twinges of (everyone has bits of it to varying degrees) and it's good to notice those things.
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:03 am

Yer. Its haunting how I incorporate some of those things into my life. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:42 pm

I qualified into a lot of those categories a while ago.

I think the biggest problem with Pick Up is becoming outcome dependent.
Although it keeps on quoting that you "should not be outcome dependent", you become outcome dependent on yourself at for example one of the following categories.

I want to be this this and that and that.
I want to open so much sets. ( however , this one less since the community states well that you should not be outcome dependent on opening sets. But I bet you all secretely do Smile )
I want to k-close tonight.
I want to f-close.
I want to practice my routine.
I want to push pull.
I want to be cocky and funny.

When you get bad reactions from those, you get unhappy Sad.
When you get positive reactions from those things, you get happy Smile.

I'm not saying everybody is outcome dependent on those things. I bet 95% of the guys here has had his "happiness" attached to one of the things I listed above.

You'll say, that that is normal.
Well guess what. It's not. If you wanna be happy, just be, and don't become a programmed robot of the pick up society or from any religious/non-religious society.

Just enjoy what you read here. Don't let it lead your life. What's left over then? You become a robot.

Buddha said : "Monks and scholars must not accept my words out of respect, but must analyze them the way a goldsmith analyzes-gold by cutting, scraping, rubbing, melting."

Cheers,

V
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:35 pm

You're right V. Most guys ARE outcome dependent, and I was myself. We do all go through that.

Hopefully we get to where we AREN'T outcome dependent, but not everyone reaches that point.

Hopefully, eventually you get to where you go out and have a good time and people want to be around you anyway, because of that. You could take them or leave them. Other than your close friends that you develop.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long list of ways the community can make you wierd   A long list of ways the community can make you wierd I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A long list of ways the community can make you wierd
Page 1 of 1