Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hm... anti-social dance class?

Go down 
+3
L.A. Tripp
JSmooth
high school pua
7 posters
AuthorMessage
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Hm... anti-social dance class? Empty
PostSubject: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:08 pm

So I started taking these salsa/cuban dance lessons and I've gone there twice and I've noticed a HB9 in my class. Problem is though, it's impossible to talk to her, or anyone in it. The class run's in a circle, constantly switching partners(so your not with the same person for more than a minute). Any significant amount of conversation will lead to not listening to what the instructor is saying and thus looking like an ass when you don't even KNOW what to do. You guys might say to talk to her after class. This would be the case, except as soon as my class ends, another one starts which she attends, zero travel time, its in the same spot. These lessons are paid for. WTF can I do here?
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 pm

Then pretty much you have to try and catch her before class. OR you can take a ballsy approach and try to talk to her in between the two classes. You're going to be seen by the teacher and other piers but it can be done. You can always go for a direct approach and ask for her number. The worst thing that happens is she says no. You won't really have a lot of time for indirect game, dhving, ignoring her, rolling off, etc.
Back to top Go down
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 pm

How would I go about a direct approach asking for her number?

"Hey, you seem interesting, but I never get a chance to talk to you. Could I have your phone ##?"

Something along the lines of that?...
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 am

high school pua wrote:
How would I go about a direct approach asking for her number?

"Hey, you seem interesting, but I never get a chance to talk to you. Could I have your phone ##?"

Something along the lines of that?...

Pretty much just like that. Except I would say "why don't we swap numbers so we can talk later."

Just make sure you don't SAY it with the MINDSET of "please give me your number." Say it with the mindset of "I'm an interesting guy, so sure, she'll be happy to swap numbers with me."
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:49 am

Exactly... You got a game plan now go run it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:04 am

One of the ways I see you approaching this, is catching her as smooth suggested, before class starts. Direct is the best way for this one. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 am

"Hey, i think i could use a tutor, and you seem like you know what your doing, would you be willing to give me a hand?"

From there number swap, dance a little...see where it goes. If she turns out to be the ice queen and wants to stick to dancing and not befriend or date...you can deal with that later. The "tutor" thing will give you guys a chance for a little 1on1 time. Im assuming if she takes 2 class's she must be half way decent. You can even joke around by saying something like "Its ashame because i enjoy this, but i have no one to practise with at home...my cat sucks at salsa".

As for when you do this, this seems like a perfect op to do direct game. Simply walk upto her before or after class (after might be better) and do this. "Hi" could be your opener, said confidently and holding EC, then follow up with the question and then a little chit chat...if shes agreeable then you can finish with something like "Lets swap numbers so that we can make arrangements, looks like your next class is about to start."

Remember perception is everything, if you view the scenario like its an impassible object, it will be.
Back to top Go down
Whoopie
PUA
PUA
Whoopie

Male Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:01 am

Get there 15 mins early. That will give you plenty time to talk up to everyone.

I would try a playful tease. When your dancing with her...well I would say "I knew white women can't dance" and if she is hispanic "I thought all hispanic had salsa running in their veins!!" be fun and playful. Ask her to join you for Ice Cream. Thats what I would do but the other guys did give great advice.

Tutor and Swapping numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/usmc03token
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:15 am

How exactly do I initiate phone convo after getting the # if I just went up to her, asked for her # & walked away? It would feel awkward I imagine.. do I just game her over the phone?
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:26 am

Stop making excuses...follow anyones advice and really follow through with it and youll do fine. Stop thinking it out soo much and just do it.
Back to top Go down
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 am

So I approached the HB(caught her at the end of class while a song was playing)

Right from the get-go, as soon as I walked into the lobby of the place, from like 50 yards away she looked at me. As the hour went on I was having a REAL good time, I had amazing social proof with girls grabbing me by the arm when a song came up to dance with me, I was laughing up some girls building up even more social proof the entire hour and she kept glancing at me constantly. I was just generally being social talking to everybody there. I guess you could say it couldn't have been more ideal. So while some loud-ass music was playing(this is one of my sticking points sorta, it kinda fucks up my delivery somewhat), with high energy, chin-up high and a smile on my face...

HSP: Hey, lemme ask you a question... you seem like an interesting person but I never get a chance to talk to you. Do you wanna swap numbers so that I could talk to you sometime?
HB: Sorry I have a boyfriend now(this stuck out in my mind big time.. she made it sound like he was new) .. but maybe if it doesnt work out then yeah(some crap like that, not sure on last bit)
--- this is where I believe I ****ed up
HSP: I'm glad to hear your straight... if you were a lesbian I would probably be hitting on you(not sure if I was smiling as i said it but I did try to make it sound playful in the middle of all that loud music)

she just kinda looked at me and I walked away and looked back at her and smiled. I don't think I delivered it properly though, this is meant to be funny, she didn't really have any reaction and I got a bad vibe from her after that line

So from here I need some advice guys.. what to do? I don't wanna give up on gaming this girl, and I've talked to some people and she is a genuine nice girl so I don't know how to take it from here, what I do know is that the relationship is nowhere near LTR (I've asked a few people)... I barely get to talk to her and direct game has failed. And on top of that depending on how she interpreted my delivery she might think I'm an ass..
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:35 am

You went right for the number, even if she really did wana give it to you her reaction would be not too.

You ignored pretty much everyones advice, direct can still be smooth..what you did was kinda akward. what would you do if someone you had never spoken to came up to you told you that you seemed interesting, and asked for your number?

As for her bf comment, you can reply in a bunch of ways, your response wasnt bad delivered right. I woulda went with something like "Wow, we just meant and already your dumping your problems on me. gezz" or "I didnt ask."

You coulda tried my line about needing a "tutor", or you simply coulda made small talk. You coulda even said you could use someone to practise with out of class. A million other things.

However its not all bad, you get an A+ for effort, you did the hard thing and that was talking to her. make a game outta it, next time you see her walk over, look at her, and seriously ask "Come here often?"...maybe even try to do it overly sauve...then start laffing.

Make a habbit of going over and talking to her, keep it light and kino as often as possible. Get to know her in class, then figure out a reasonable way to exchange numbers, be it a tutor, practise partner, out ofr a tea or coffee...whatever

If she brings up the bf at all use one of the lines i gave you. The more she brings it up the more you use bf destroyers. Your saving grace will be using disqualifiers.
Back to top Go down
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:09 pm

Ka wrote:
You went right for the number, even if she really did wana give it to you her reaction would be not too.

You ignored pretty much everyones advice, direct can still be smooth..what you did was kinda akward. what would you do if someone you had never spoken to came up to you told you that you seemed interesting, and asked for your number?

As for her bf comment, you can reply in a bunch of ways, your response wasnt bad delivered right. I woulda went with something like "Wow, we just meant and already your dumping your problems on me. gezz" or "I didnt ask."

You coulda tried my line about needing a "tutor", or you simply coulda made small talk. You coulda even said you could use someone to practise with out of class. A million other things.

However its not all bad, you get an A+ for effort, you did the hard thing and that was talking to her. make a game outta it, next time you see her walk over, look at her, and seriously ask "Come here often?"...maybe even try to do it overly sauve...then start laffing.

Make a habbit of going over and talking to her, keep it light and kino as often as possible. Get to know her in class, then figure out a reasonable way to exchange numbers, be it a tutor, practise partner, out ofr a tea or coffee...whatever

If she brings up the bf at all use one of the lines i gave you. The more she brings it up the more you use bf destroyers. Your saving grace will be using disqualifiers.

As for the tutor line, she is now an instructor-intern so she teaches the class alongside the instructor so she's busy. As far as small talk with loud music playing it's hard to make talk, and it seems a bit weird IMO that your talking instead of dancing with some very loud music on, and when there isn't music playing she is teaching the class :X Getting there early doesn't work anymore as she's helping teach the class before mine, and a class during mine, and a class after mine. I guess I'll talk to her whenever she isn't doing that? I can't put enough emphasis on how hard it is to get an honest chance to talk to her... I literally caught her when she was waiting for the people for her next class to arrive when the lead instructor wasn't around..

Would saying that I needed someone to practice with out of class then exchange no.s been better?

What I generally wanna know at this point is where I stand with her.. how does she perceive me ATM. My game plan(prior to reading your post and still after) is to just act friendly around her, and if I find a genuine chance to talk to her I'll probably find myself almost running up to her(not literally! rabbit). I dunno, next time I see her I'll probably say "What's up chica?" and do this cute little handshake I made up that always makes girls laugh, even if I won't be able to talk to her at that moment. I dunno some of you might say to give up(I would hope not) but this is really one HB I wanna snag.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:35 am

high school pua wrote:
Ka wrote:

As for the tutor line, she is now an instructor-intern so she teaches the class alongside the instructor so she's busy. As far as small talk with loud music playing it's hard to make talk, and it seems a bit weird IMO that your talking instead of dancing with some very loud music on, and when there isn't music playing she is teaching the class :X Getting there early doesn't work anymore as she's helping teach the class before mine, and a class during mine, and a class after mine. I guess I'll talk to her whenever she isn't doing that? I can't put enough emphasis on how hard it is to get an honest chance to talk to her... I literally caught her when she was waiting for the people for her next class to arrive when the lead instructor wasn't around..

Would saying that I needed someone to practice with out of class then exchange no.s been better?

What I generally wanna know at this point is where I stand with her.. how does she perceive me ATM. My game plan(prior to reading your post and still after) is to just act friendly around her, and if I find a genuine chance to talk to her I'll probably find myself almost running up to her(not literally! rabbit). I dunno, next time I see her I'll probably say "What's up chica?" and do this cute little handshake I made up that always makes girls laugh, even if I won't be able to talk to her at that moment. I dunno some of you might say to give up(I would hope not) but this is really one HB I wanna snag.

Ka GETS IT. Take his advice, chew it up and use what fits you.

I don't like the "I need someone to teach me" or "I need someone to practice with line". It's indirect, but the girl will know you are hitting on her. ( However, depends on delivery ). Telling her she has this crazy little move in her left feet and that you'd love her to show it to you ( said in a funny way, delivery is what matters. Mystery can say a line and score a HB10 with it and another guy can say the exact same words and get the girl blowing him off ).

high school pua wrote:
What I generally wanna know at this point is where I stand with her..
how does she perceive me ATM.

It's better if you wouldn't care what she thinks about you and just do your thing. How she perceives you has less to do with you but more about how she perceives people. Don't care about how people perceive you. Some will like you, others won't. It's their problem, not yours.

high school pua wrote:
My game plan(prior to reading your post
and still after) is to just act friendly around her, and if I find a
genuine chance to talk to her I'll probably find myself almost running
up to her(not literally! rabbit). I dunno, next time I see her I'll probably say "What's up chica?" and
do this cute little handshake I made up that always makes girls laugh,
even if I won't be able to talk to her at that moment.

Nice ! Go ahead my friend and tell us what happened Smile
Back to top Go down
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:47 pm

Quick question... I see the girl sometime again this week.. do I try to # close again after I talk to her? How do I go about the # close do I just do a typical # close or like i need a tutor etc.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:48 pm

high school pua wrote:
Quick question... I see the girl sometime again this week.. do I try to # close again after I talk to her? How do I go about the # close do I just do a typical # close or like i need a tutor etc.

Dude relax, you need to put the horse before the carriage. Get to know her first, open her, get her attracted, get her to like you...build rapport and comfort with her.

You seem to have it your head that your gonna walk up, say hi, then ask for her number and shes gonna be like sure...thats not how it works.

Dont set a goal like getting her number or closeing...to be honest you probably wont close at all. Thats perfectly fine too, consider this practise and just work on her little by little. Your first goal should be open her (that doesnt mean once, consider it a goal every time...after all you must intiate contact at first). From there it should be to build attraction...dhv, disqualify, etc...

Worry about the number after you guys get to know each other.
Back to top Go down
high school pua
rAFC
rAFC
high school pua

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:56 am

I meant after I go through the whole process Greedy
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:17 am

high school pua wrote:
I meant after I go through the whole process Greedy

I caught the part where you said after you talk to her, unfortunatly by your own admission you said that time is sparse. In other words you cannot say 3 sentances to her then expect her to be ready to give you her number.

For now forget the number and focus on getting to know her and buidling attraction over the span of a few interactions...Once she is attracted and comfortable with you then worry about the number. Who knows by not "trying" to get her number she may just give it to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hm... anti-social dance class?   Hm... anti-social dance class? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hm... anti-social dance class?
Page 1 of 1