Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry cant make it tonight.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Sorry cant make it tonight. Empty
PostSubject: Sorry cant make it tonight.   Sorry cant make it tonight. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:46 am

Ok this used to happen to me a few times and as I do a fair bit of on-line game I'd like to know how to deal with it. I'd email a girl I like, she emails back 2 or 3 emails later we trade numbers and text to organise a date. Whe it comes down to it a few days later she cancels usually with some excuse like "I got called in to work" or "my grandad is sick". Ok so sometimes it might be true but it's happened too many times to be coinsidence. What's the best way to deal with this?
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Sorry cant make it tonight.   Sorry cant make it tonight. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:25 am

Hold her too it...also make sure when your planning on meeting for the first time, its incredibly nuetral and no pressure.

When you set the meeting up aim for it to be as friendly and inviting as possible (interesting) while at the same time requiring little commitment. In other words, set it up like a meeting with a friend, not a date. Do something and meet somewhere that they will feel safe and doing something that they can leave if they get uncomfortable.

For instance, agreeing to meet over a cup of cofee or tea. Even add in something like "Lets do starbucks, i don't have a whole lot of time that day i have to be somewhere, but this way we can chat and get to know each other."

Its almost like a mix of FTC and disqualifying. Its alot like when you goto a set and tell them you cant stay long bc you have x,y,z to do. Do the same thing when you plan to meet someone for the first time. They may be more interested and willing to meet if the window of time seems short in thier minds.

Also, if you have established any kind of banter with her, then bust her balls for it. "Well, ill forgive you this time...but your not getting off easy now you owe me a drink Wink" or maybe "Ok i see how it is, don't let this become a habbit because having your uncle die 10 times or saying your dog ate your homework wont fly...ill catch on eventually!"

You wana handle challenging them on the topic the same as escalating anything else, start subtle and then pump it up the worse they get. If it happens a second time simply tell them, "Look, if you don't wana get together let me know so i can play my time else where, im not made of glass i can take it." or "You know my time is important, when i make plans i stick to them. Hopefully your not one of those people who cant hold plans."

And lastly, if they keep doing this, stop putting yourself in the position, after the 2/3/4th time...freeze them out and mean it...make them work extra hard for your time. Intially its a meeting, they come 50% and you come 50%...but after a few times of being tardy...you make them come most of the way in terms of effort to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Sorry cant make it tonight.   Sorry cant make it tonight. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:31 am

Hey thanks I though my online game was good but Bow
Back to top Go down
Action_Jackson
VIP
VIP
Action_Jackson

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Sorry cant make it tonight.   Sorry cant make it tonight. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 4:56 am

Ka is right on. But I would also say your problem is probably due to everything that happened BEFORE you got her number.

Here's my Flake-proof Checklist that has worked perfectly for me...

In your emails/messages/aim convos:

1) Did you make her subconsciously feel more comfortable about meeting up with you by incorporating Future Projection Stories?

-An example is saying something like "omg you know what we are gonna do? I'm gonna dress up like a priest and you’re gonna dress up like a nun…and we are gonna go out to public places and sit down, and when people are watching us, we’re just gonna lean over and start making out and people will be like "WTF?" but we won't care because it will be so fun!"

2) Did you casually bring up that you don't tolerate flakers so she knows in advance not to f*** with you.

-Make sure you deliver it using a story about someone else, not yourself. For example, you don't want to tell her about how one time you got flaked on and now you don't tolerate it. Instead, tell her how you had this friend who used to always flake on his girls, and it pissed you off, etc. etc. Then end the bit with "You're not a flaker are u?"

3) Did you TELL her to hang out with you, not ask her? Tripp's quote sums this point up. It's the difference between "Would you like to come over here?" vs "Come over here now". Be ALPHA...be in charge.

4) Unless you know how to build massive attraction and comfort online, meet during the day at a public place like Ka said.

5) If she can't meet up on the day you want her to DON'T respond "Well what day is good for you?" Instead, TELL her to give you 3 different times when she's available and you'll check your schedule."

There's more, but I don;t wanna give away everything.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

-AJ

P.S. If you have multiple AIM convos you might have also screwed yourself. Just like getting stuck in the Friend Zone, you can EASILY get stuck in the IM Zone. Some girls are very comfortable talking on IM...it's their comfort zone. If you get stuck in that zone it can be very difficult to get her to meet up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MatchbookMethod.com
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Sorry cant make it tonight.   Sorry cant make it tonight. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:44 am

I agree with Action because this has definitely happened to me, where I meet a girl online get her aim, or meet her out and get her number.. become text buddies.......ive had girls that ive never spoken to over the phone but they will text and text with me back and forth like theyre very comfortable.. all I did was stop textin and start calling..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry cant make it tonight.   Sorry cant make it tonight. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry cant make it tonight.
Page 1 of 1