Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are some general tips for online game?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC
NCJones

Male Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-25

What are some general tips for online game? Empty
PostSubject: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 pm

So far I haven't seen much written about it.
I read the OKcupid post, that's insightful.
But I still have a few more questions.

I'd like to see a full message with the opener up to the point the two decide to meet with details of what's going on.
Then I'd like to know about an example of one that went completely wrong with details for why.

If you break down the formula with an example I'll actually get it. So far I'm working from scratch with no success.
Back to top Go down
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC
NCJones

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:38 pm

title: How's it going?
Body: I'm Nick. What kinda music are you into?

Just send this. What's wrong with it, what's it missing, how can it be improved?
Back to top Go down
Ritch
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I personally like to sort of tease at first... I'll say something like "your profile is well written, who wrote it for you Wink?" The girls that answer are usually pretty fun and out going which I like.

You asked them a somewhat personal question. It's a pretty boring question "in my opinion." Attraction THEN comfort. You shouldn't start out like she is being interviewed. Maybe something like "you look like Hannah Montana do you listen to her?" And remember, online it's a numbers game. The more girls you message the more girls that will respond.
Back to top Go down
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC
NCJones

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Thanks, but I'm still going small so I can learn first....Maybe I should just talk to girls from a place I never plan on going since it's more about learning.

Is teasing needed, or is it something you can go without. It's not really my thing.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Action_Jackson
VIP
VIP
Action_Jackson

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:37 am

NCJones wrote:

Is teasing needed, or is it something you can go without. It's not really my thing.

Start making it your thing. Playful teasing is very very important. It's really easy to do to. You just need to incorporate 1 tease in each message. I usually tease her about something in her reply.

For example...

YOU: Hey I'm Nick. What kind of music do you like?

HER: It says in my profile, or did you only look at my picture?

YOU playful tease: lol no, but have you noticed in your pictures you have this good girl face but bad girl mannerisms? It's cute, sort of.

Other generic teases I like to use are:

You’re pretty chill…for being a total goofball!

You’re adorable…I just wanna dress you up in a clown suit and show you off to all my friends.

I'm adopting you as my little sister and we'll spend all our time climbing trees and drinking kool-aid!

You’re either the coolest girl I've met, or the biggest weirdo, I haven’t decided yet.

Those jeans look hot on you...sort of.

You look like you could be a ton of fun…sometimes.

Etc. etc.

If you want to have success online WITHOUT incorporating teasing then you basically only have 1 option...eHarmony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MatchbookMethod.com
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:52 am

Online game is really much simplier then in person. The major reason being that you have all the time in the world to plan what you will say, the other being that people (yourself and the target) tend to be more outgoing online.

However the same structure and rules apply just the same as normal in person. Gotta go through the stages of attraction, comfort, seduction...not necessarily all online.

Other things you have to keep in mind online...there is no body language or facial expressions...so emotes (smileys) cannot really be over used. Try to sprinkle them in to show when your joking. Otherwise a joke that you normally convey as such with a facial expression may not wash over well.

I agree with Action Jackson. Teasing and banter are immensely important. It is so multifaceted that it can take things from cold to hot in the blink of an eye.

I dont know much about dating sites, but for social sites like myspace and facebook, there are different strategies you can use overall. First make your profile stand out, both in the content and the look. Next keep it up to date, this means your status, blog posts, bulletins, etc. All of the above will help generate attention for you, and will likely get you opened.

As for opening, keep it simple. Sometimes a simple hi works, sometimes a more direct "i saw your profile and wanted to see if there was more to you then a pretty face and a few words", and sometimes you have to get unique. I had a girl open me once with a message that was completely blank...that piqued my interest.

Here is a link to a post of mine about IM game. word for word examples from my actual conversations in whole. Might help as i use alot of banter.

https://puas.forumotion.com/online-game-f10/little-im-game-t1378.htm
Back to top Go down
NCJones
rAFC
rAFC
NCJones

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Action_Jackson wrote:
NCJones wrote:

Start making it your thing. Playful teasing is very very important. It's really easy to do to. You just need to incorporate 1 tease in each message. I usually tease her about something in her reply.

For example...

YOU: Hey I'm Nick. What kind of music do you like?

HER: It says in my profile, or did you only look at my picture?

YOU playful tease: lol no, but have you noticed in your pictures you have this good girl face but bad girl mannerisms? It's cute, sort of.

Other generic teases I like to use are:

You’re pretty chill…for being a total goofball!

You’re adorable…I just wanna dress you up in a clown suit and show you off to all my friends.

I'm adopting you as my little sister and we'll spend all our time climbing trees and drinking kool-aid!

You’re either the coolest girl I've met, or the biggest weirdo, I haven’t decided yet.

Those jeans look hot on you...sort of.

You look like you could be a ton of fun…sometimes.

Etc. etc.

If you want to have success online WITHOUT incorporating teasing then you basically only have 1 option...eHarmony.

"I'm adopting you as my little sister and we'll spend all our time climbing trees and drinking kool-aid!

You’re either the coolest girl I've met, or the biggest weirdo, I haven’t decided yet."

Things I've actually said.
"Hayley, you're the weirdest girl I know."
She looked upset about it for a bit, then reallized who she was talking to and told me I'm weird. I responded "Thank you."

Then she understood.

I often say things resembling the climbing tree's and drinking Kool-aid, only without the insults.

Recently I've been learning I'm pretty good at noticing what'll cheer someone up and make them feel good, so I do that. But I notice a lot of girls are masochistic, so I just avoid those girls, because sadism just isn't my thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some general tips for online game?   What are some general tips for online game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some general tips for online game?
Page 1 of 1