Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great example of what women really think like!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Great example of what women really think like!!! Empty
PostSubject: Great example of what women really think like!!!   Great example of what women really think like!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Im telling you right now, you guys are gonna look at this wierd and think theres something wrong with me, and id just ask that you try it before you knock it...

If you really want to have a clear idea of what a womans internal dialogue or way of thinking is, i could not more adimately recommend that you READ (Not watch) "Twilight", and its sequels.

I know with the current movie craze you probably think im nutty...but let me explain.

Twilight is written by a female author, from the perspective of female main character...in other words you get to "hear" what the main character is thinking.

The way the book was written, i do not think you could get a more accurate detailed description and explanation from a woman as to what they are thinking and why.

I had to explain to my mother that i could tell a woman author wrote the books without even checking. I explained that it contains soo much descriptive about thoughts and feelings, and as a guy i just wanted to get to the action and the dialogue. As a guy the 4 pages of how she felt about a certain event wasnt as important to me as the reprocutions of the event.

It took me halfway through the book to realize the gold, the utter treasure i had found...not because the book is amazingly well written or the story so great (its a good book)...but because i had never read a story before where a woman had wrote the book and been completely honest in her approach to the feelings and emotional reactions to situations.

Its as if i got to sit down, and see what was going on "behind the scenes" so to speak....to be able to read the internal dialouge and have the emotions and reactions explained to me from a womans point of view.

It helped to illustrate, detail, and explain many of the concepts and ideas we use....in a way only a woman being completely open and honest can...and really where could we find a completely open and honest woman Wink

For instance, at many points in the book the female main character, Bella, will say the words, "I love you" to her soul mate Edward....and in nearly 750 pages of literature, only once has his response been the logical response to me (from a guys perspective) to reciprocate that phrase back...however you get to see the womens perspective as to why she says it, whats shes thinking....essentially how her mind is working.

Edward is also an excellent example of Alpha male, especially in his domminant use of push pull tactics and his cocky/funny or confident handling of questions/convo with Bella.

I highly recommend you pick up at least the first book in the series, i understand it that there are 4 now...and i just finished the second.
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Great example of what women really think like!!!   Great example of what women really think like!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 am

I love Twilight. Great example of what women really think like!!! Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Great example of what women really think like!!!   Great example of what women really think like!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Im on the last book (4 of 4) and all i can say is wow....

The sheer...honesty... in which this book conveys the female psyche is unbelievable. To really get a glimpse at how a womans mind really works, no filter, is remarkable.

The story is great, but the awe of realizing the insight it gives is almost too distracting.

again i cant recommend enough that you pick up at least the first, if not all these books and read them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great example of what women really think like!!!   Great example of what women really think like!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great example of what women really think like!!!
Page 1 of 1