Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cooking Basics

Go down 
+3
Hobbit
MattJacks
Mizcook29
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Female Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:11 am

I find it so sad that there are still alot of woman out there who can not even cook the simplest of meals. The same can be said of some men as well. I am a cook by nature and a chef at heart and have attended many classes. If there were to be anything I like better it would be a man who would know his way around the kitchen. At this same time I still do adore the men who can't even find their way around a stove. I like having people to cook for and I enjoy teaching people how to cook.
So here is my problem gentleman, would you rather a woman who knows her way around the kitchen who could teach you or would you rather teach her a trick or two. For those of you who do cook and enjoy it please do not take this post the wrong way. Not everyone can cook and even if you enjoy cooking there is something to be said for learning a new recipe. Have an idea to share or a recipe let me know. Or if you would like to learn something new.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 am

I love cooking anything on the bbq. I have picked up a few tips from work chefs about cooking steaks.

The only thing that I stick to no matter what is the resting period. If I cook each side for about 7 mins I will rest the steak for at least 7 mins off the bbq to let before putting them back on to reheat. It just means if a cheaper quality steak is brought home it will still be good.
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:27 pm

I have been learning for the past year. Since my school doesn't have a kitchen, i only get to cook on holidays and weekends. For Christmas, I cooked 12 dishes and had them on the table in 2 and a half hour. Beat that chef at heart ;P
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi guys thanks for the posts. First great idea with the steaks a resting period is important and that goes for alot of other meats as well such as making a pot roast or anything before you cut into it. I am sooooooo glad summer is on the way I miss grilling outside and not making the house all hot with cooking.
Hobbit great job my man. Now as for me a chef at heart is true but have also been an apprentice chef under some very good chefs. I choose not to be a chef for a career anymore because I started to lose my passion and love for it when I tried to make it into a career. Not only that but not alot of 5 star places in this town.
OK have to know though what all consisted in this feast seeing as I always get stuck with Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking lets see how we differ.
Thanks for the reply's gentelmen.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:08 am

I love cooking (even though I suck) and I love being cooked for and assisting.

I'll share a recipe for mulled wine I've heard you don't have this in America. You will need:

one bottle of red wine (either a Shiraz or a Merlot)

Aprox same amount of orange juice with no bits. (use more if the wine has a fuller flavour.

2 small oranges

20 - 30 cloves

2 - 3 short cinnimon sticks

between 1/6lb and 1/3lb brown sugar depending on the sweetness of the wine

Start by mixing the wine and the juice on a low heat.
stuff the oranges with the cloves then add to the mixture along with the cinnimon.

stir the mixture occasionally and continue to heat for 10 minuits without letting it get too hot. Add the sugar little by little stiring and tasting untill you think you have the right amount.

Leave to cool a little then give a final stir and serve at just above blood temperature.

Seriously powerful athrodeziac!
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:19 am

Randy I could almost kiss you darlin. Ohhh my goodness I have not had mulled wine in forever. And you are right most americans do not care for it so it is not a common thing here. Most certainly not easy to find either. I have had mulled wine before a long time ago and greatly enjoyed it. I grew up in Berlin , Germany and was able to visit England a few times as well where I discoverd mulled wine. I love the robust taste of this and greatly greatly thank you for the recipe.
Tell me a dish that you would like and if I don't have the recipe I will most likely be able to find out and pull it off lol.
Great responces on here gentelemen. I never thought I would get even one responce from my topic. Thanks so much for making a lady smile at something so simple. Sometimes simple works best at making someone smile. Have a great day.
Casey
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 am

Give me a good recipe for an american style apple pie and maybe I'll let you.

Why did you think you wouldn't get any responces? Women love guys who can cook.
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 am

Now that is one I do not have typed up as it is an old family recipe. I will try to type some out for you tomorrow I need to get this lady to bed now. No worries though I will make sure you will be able to make an apple pie fit for your momma lol
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:16 am

Mizcook, I'd suggest looking into Mastercook 9. It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am

toast + butter + vegemite Wink
I got a good beef stroganoff if i can find the recipe
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:12 pm

Hobbit thanks for a great tip not sure I have heard of that one I will deffinatly be checking it out. I tend to stick close to certain chefs I know and respect but I love creating my own recipes as well. I like researching recipes to get ideas so I will most certainly find this a great resource.
Matt I will put my beef stroganof against yours anytime. Although it remains to be said which is better. Certain regions of the world have diffrent varieties when it comes to staple food as I call it. I still love my southern fried chicken and things of that nature, this to me is home cooking food.
How many would rather have something basic that reminds them of childhood versus a five-star meal?
Randy your right I like a man who can cook and take care of himself, but I also like cooking for him and seeing how much he enjoys something I have made for him.
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:55 pm

depends on what 5 star meal. for me wagyu sirloin is my fav, even over tenderloin which my resturant sells both. I dont really remember many chilhood meals, but Im still a child
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Oh there must have been something your mom would make special just for you. Or just anything that reminds you of childhood.
Oh and great choice on the favorite 5-star entree. One of my favorites as well. Altho I would have to go with filet mignon as it is a particular favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 am

Y'all are making me hungry Wink
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: One of my recipes   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:08 am

Well I can't sit here and be outdone by mulled wine. Here is a coffee cake I tend to make alot of as it is easy to make and easy to grab with my coffee in the morning when I am in a rush. Hope I am not making these things to long and I don't normaly post recipes on a site so I normaly email them but tell you what I'll give this one for free and if anyone wants something I most likely have a recipe for it either one I have come up with or one I know from a restaraunt or two.

Apple Coffee Cake

INGREDIENTS

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • TOPPING:
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • GLAZE:
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons water

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour half into a greased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in. baking dish. Combine pie filling and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Drop remaining batter over filling; spread gently.
  2. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm or cooled coffee cake.
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:09 am

Oh and Tripp if your getting hungry lol I'll make ya something special. OK well I might think about it anyway lol
Back to top Go down
martinmyers808
AFC
AFC
martinmyers808

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:22 am

Wow! I never thought there'd be recipes in here. Thanks a lot for sharing. Now, I'm gonna have to be serious about actually learning how to cook.
Back to top Go down
Mizcook29
AFC
AFC
Mizcook29

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Great glad it helped here is another recipe for ya'll   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Italian Casserole

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage

• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef

• 1 cup chopped onion

• 1 cup chopped green pepper

• 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce

• 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste

• 1/2 cup water

• 1 teaspoon dried basil

• 1 teaspoon dried oregano

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1 teaspoon pepper

• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

• 2 (8.75 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained

• 2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained

• 1 (16 ounce) package wide noodles, cooked and drained

• 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, cut into strips

DIRECTIONS

1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat,
    cook sausage, beef, onion and green pepper until meat is browned and vegetables
    are tender; drain. Add tomato sauce and paste, water and seasonings; bring to a
    boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add corn and olives; cover
    and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in.
    x 2-in. baking dishes. Top with cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for
    25-30 minutes or until heated through.

Back to top Go down
Alfica
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Alfica

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-14

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Gee, i love cooking.

I'd love to share one of my favourite recipe.

I apologize for my english in advance, but i hope you'll get it. Wink (i'm not good at writing recipes in english)

Chicken on mandarines

You need (for 4 people):
4 chicken breasts
tin of mandarines
about 150 mls of whipping-cream
curry
cornstarch

Dice the chicken breasts and put it into a hot pan with oil. When the meat is white, add some curry (it's up to you how much). Put in the mandarines (without the sap). After couple of minutes, add whipping cream (in which you have cornstarch) and cook for another couple of minutes. (i don't like to say for how much minutes, i don't clock it. I have learned that you dont always have to keep the time you've been told to keep)

As Side dish, i recommend roasted potatoes
You need some potatoes, which have to be cleaned properly. After they are clean, you have to boil them for like 10 minutes. They should not be fully boiled. After they are not so warm, you have to slice them and put them on a pan with oil and add salt. Fry them until they're done. You can add a little bit of garlic, if you want. If you will add garlic, do just before the end of frying.

Man, it's really difficult to write a recipe in english. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cooking Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooking Basics   Cooking Basics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cooking Basics
Page 1 of 1