Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie Wing Thoughts!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Newbie Wing Thoughts! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Wing Thoughts!   Newbie Wing Thoughts! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:58 pm

I want to talk to you guys about something serious today. When a lot of new guys in the game start out they do so with new wings. Now this provides some great help in the field. You have someone to help you with your AA, you have emotional support, you have guidance in the field, and you have someone to help keep you from being alone. There are a lot of good things that come from having a wing in field outside of having someone around to occupy the obstacles.

BUT...there is a big catch. When you are starting out in your first few months especially you have a lot of sticking points, everything from little sticking points to whole phases. The problem is your new wing does too! Instead of having one set of sticking points to overcome in set, now we have compounded the problem. My rule of thumb that I use for my wings I use is, "If you aren't getting laid, closing, gaming by yourself, then you probably shouldn't wing anyone." The exception to this is if you are a PUA helping a new guy. Remember a good wing is there for you to help you get the girl, period! That's the first and foremost thing. Also a good wing is there to help keep you on an emotional high, and a good attitude. He's there to help tell the DHV stories about you. Your wing is a great and cool guy. He always takes your side, and never DLV's you on purpose! Of course there are other wing rules but these are the biggest things.

So here is my recommendation. If you are new to the game, and still not closing consistently by yourself, and you have a wing that hasn't gotten past that point as well. Then the best thing you can do is go out together, AND watch each other while in set from a distance. This does two great things, it teaches you how to read body language better, and you can provide feedback. True you more than likely won't be able to hear the conversation, but that's what debriefings are for later.

I had to learn this lesson the hard way. I had wings that couldn't get past AA, or couldn't exactly advance at the level I was. I realized a while back that my wings were holding me back from getting good. I was starting to # close by myself and my wing was still struggling with opening sets. You're almost forced to stay in his rut until he gets better. Thus, the need to work your seperate games and then when you too are doing good on your own. Then work on winging and your DHV stories for each other. Smile

HAPPY HUNTING!!!
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Wing Thoughts!   Newbie Wing Thoughts! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Great points made. And, considering I personally sarged alone for the first few months, not a wing in sight, and have continued to sarge alone 95% of the time, and have learned how to f-close alone, bringing the girl home to join me and my wife, then I definitely agree with the solo sarging points made here.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Wing Thoughts!   Newbie Wing Thoughts! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:49 am

Yeah, It wasnt by chance I found my wings, but they are learning as they go with me, so certainly its been a few months since ive been learning PUA lifestyle, but then again Ive only been in the field for a good month or so..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Wing Thoughts!   Newbie Wing Thoughts! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:56 pm

Juice wrote:
Yeah, It wasnt by chance I found my wings, but they are learning as they go with me, so certainly its been a few months since ive been learning PUA lifestyle, but then again Ive only been in the field for a good month or so..

I've read your field reports...you are good enough to wing someone if needed. I have no question about most of present member of the forum and the Vault. As a general rule of thumb if you just started you should get out there on your own, and learn from your own mistakes before you complicate things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Wing Thoughts!   Newbie Wing Thoughts! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Wing Thoughts!
Page 1 of 1