Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Approached" on myspace, need some help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

"Approached" on myspace, need some help Empty
PostSubject: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:49 am

So usually im fine with handling game online...but this was a unique situation, im trying to decide if its legit or a really well covered sex chat/hooker type thing...

So i log into myspace the other day and i notice i have a msg, i check it and its from a girl (J for short), but has no subject or message...its just blank.

Now typically id assume that this was a solicitation, delete it and ignore it. However 2 things caught my eye that those types of profiles typically lack. First, she was online when i checked the message, and secondly she had a normal name, first and last.

So i decided to check out her profile and see if this could sway me to beleive it was a spam like account...no dice there either, she had 5 normal looking pictures up, nothing tacky or raunchy...seemed like a relatively normal account.

After that i decided to write her to explore a bit more, here is what i wrote, "Hey, im not sure if i know you or not...in anycase, you sent me a blank msg...did you intend to actually say something?"

I didnt stay on to see if i got an answer immediatly...today i checked and she responded with, "well i just moved to Norristown last week. i like it a lot but i've been kinda lonely.. what else do you wanna know"

So im trying to analyze what she said and decide if i should ignore her or respond and see where this goes. The one thing i dont like about her response is her offering up that shes lonely...seems kinda desprate under normal circumstances or a slight at sex chat/paid services. Maybe im over analyzing it.

In anycase let me know what you guys think, solicitation or genuine interest? Given your assesment, respond or not?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 am

I would respond, however I get the impression, as you do, that this is a hint of some paid service. Like she's just starting out with it and trying to spread word about herself to make some money. I've had a few of those actually send me one or two emails, real honest to God human emails, yet they were trying to get me to buy their service or site.

So I'd respond and see if our hunches are right or not.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:10 am

Yea i think ima respond to it with the angle that she messaged me first, so something must have caught her interest, that she must have something she wants to know about or ask me.

My brother pointed out some inconsistancies in her profile too, for instance in a written section she claims one of the things she likes doing is smoking with her friends and then in info section for smoke/drink she has no for smoking. Another of her interests was strip clubs...

Im leaning towards the idea that this is a really well done approach on her part to solicit customers for something, be it a call girl, sex chat, stripper, etc...her "opener" was awsome...a blank message, thats unique and peaks the interest...and her profile doesnt come accross as trashy or abnormal, so people actually respond.

However ill respond and hold frame and see what its all about, part of me wants to think that maybe shes just a forthright girl who really did just move here...the other part of me knows its too good to be true.

Ill update things here as i go.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:16 am

*Update*

My response to her
"Hmm, not exactly what i asked. You messaged me first, which means something must have peaked your interest...did you have something in particular you wanted to ask me?

Im not trying to be an ass, just skeptical...too much spam on ebay to be certain. If youd like toss me a friends invite and we can talk some more.

Later Jewlz Wink"

Her name is Julia btw..so i decided to give her a friendly kind of pet name from me. ILl post how she reacts.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 am

Im pretty certain it was a solicitation, well done too i think it was just as i said above...well concealed to seem normal.

She responded but did not address anything i said, simply told me she just made a twitter account and something about a webcam site and would i wana talk there...

O well least i know, kinda got my hopes up a little..shes attractive but in your girl next door kind of way...woulda been nice if it was legit.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 am

A webcam site and would you wanna talk there. Yep, solicitation. What I've done when that's been said to me is "if you honestly wanna talk, talk to me here. I'm not paying to "talk" to you on some other site. We're now talking now, so you can continue just fine here."

Normally they don't respond back since it is just a solicitation, but you can try it if you like.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Interesting idea. I've tried to run game on online hired guns with a similar approch but it NEVER works. Seems like it's a lot harder when you don't body language in the picture.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:02 am

Im just happy that i know enough not to have gotten caught up in this. My "training" was enough to send the bells and whistles off immediatly, counter-acting my trusting go lucky nature.

One of the downsides to calling it how you see it, not lying or covering things up...it makes it harder to spot a lie.

So im very happy with how i handled it. O well other fish...we will see.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:10 am

Ka wrote:

One of the downsides to calling it how you see it, not lying or covering things up...it makes it harder to spot a lie.

LOL . . . true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Approached" on myspace, need some help   "Approached" on myspace, need some help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Approached" on myspace, need some help
Page 1 of 1