Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One Common Thing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

One Common Thing Empty
PostSubject: One Common Thing   One Common Thing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Ladies & Gents,

A very simple concept that I want to get across is to come up with "One Common Thing" to do in each situation you know you are going to be in.

What the heck are you talking about Jon, there are no two situations that are identical?

While this is true there are going to be common elements in each interaction that you will have with the opposite sex that you should prepare for. A lot of my posts revolve around the generally idea of getting you to prepare and think ahead for potential situations. This post really isn't that much different. If you've already thought about it then the situation when it arrises is less stressful because you aren't using all your energy to think about it as it happens. You've already thought about it and know what you are going to do.

You know that very likely you are going to open a group of girls. What is the One Common Thing you can say to them?

You know that you are very likely to ask a girl for her phone number. What is the One Common Thing you can say to them each time to get her #?

I think you see where I am going with this. I am trying to get your to create your own "canned" lines so to speak that you are going to say. The reason for this is a lot of guys hit the point where they need to say something and they draw a blank. But if you have that "One Common Thing" that you always say this isn't going to be a problem. Sure you can always improvise later on, but you have that "One Common Thing" to fall back on as well.

I don't want you to develop 5 different things to say in a situation. In Karate for example it's an art form and if someone throws a simple punch there can be about 20 different moves a Black Belt can do or more to take the guy out. I just want to focus on the one kick ass move that will work everytime, rather than making you memorize the 20 moves.

What are the common situations you are going to find yourself in? Here are a few I came up with that you might find yourself in:

Opening
Asking for a number
Getting her to bounce with you to a new venue
Setting up a date
How you're going to escalate
When going to kiss her

Right now, after reading this very paragraph I want you to close your eyes. I want you to take 5-10 minutes to replay some events in your mind. What are some of the common events you see that you could have used one thing for. Write these down, and work to develop "One Common Thing" you can say for each of them. Maybe you've already used something that worked...that can be your common thing. SO CLOSE YOUR EYES. NO PEEKING AND NO CHEATING AND THINK...

Welcome back, you should now have a list of a few things you need common things for. These don't have to be some super secret smooth way of getting a phone number just keep it simple. For example, my "One Common Thing" is "I'm not totally convinced on you yet, but you seem pretty cool. You haven't creeped me out or anything, and I want to continue this conversation later because I have to go soon. (Slide her your phone)" At that point she knows what to do.

This one very small idea and preperation tool can be the difference in getting the girl or not. Please don't loose the girl because of poor planning. If you need any assistance in developing your "One Common Thing" for a situation feel free to shoot me an email at Jon@JSmooth.org or PM me on the forum.

Jon
Back to top Go down

One Common Thing
Page 1 of 1