Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

6 Constructs Of Influence-A Quick Overview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

6 Constructs Of Influence-A Quick Overview Empty
PostSubject: 6 Constructs Of Influence-A Quick Overview   6 Constructs Of Influence-A Quick Overview I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:21 am

6 Constructs Of Influence — A Quick Overview

I know I’ve talked about the “6 Constructs” a little bit here on the blog and I’ve let you in on TWO of them:

1. Authority
2. Social Proof

But now, I want to expose you to the other 4 Constructs…

Now, keep in mind… I didn’t make these up. In fact, they come from a guy named Robert Cialdini who went undercover over a period of years into car sales, telemarketing, and various fund raising organizations to study the art and practice of persuasion.

According to him, there are 6 “weapons” of influence… for me, I’d rather term them constructs.

They are:

Reciprocation - People tend to return a favor. Thus, the pervasiveness of free samples in marketing. For example, me letting you read my free blog and join my free eSeries compells you to tell everyone you know that I’m the shit Smile

Actually, a better example would be you doing a favor for someone without them asking… like getting a card or having a surprise dinner somewhat obligates that person to give back. Think give before you receive.

We’ll talk about how this applies to energy transfer and moods in the next day or so.

Commitment and Consistency - If people commit, verbally or in writing, to an idea or goal, they are more likely to honor that commitment. Even if the original incentive or motivation is removed after they have already agreed, they will continue to honor the agreement. For example, in car sales, suddenly raising the price at the last moment works because the buyer has already decided to buy. (cognitive dissonance)

A lot of times, this is how people get put in “bad” situations. They’ve agreed for so long that they feel like they’ve already committed, even though they can back away at any time.

We’ll talk about cognitive dissonance soon as well… as well as the “3 Yes Theory”

(Hmmm, I think I’ll do some research to see if marriages with prenupts last longer than those that don’t have them… interesting)

Social Proof - People will do things that they see other people are doing. For example, in one experiment, one or more confederates would look up into the sky; bystanders would then look up into the sky to see what they were seeing. At one point this experiment aborted, as so many people were looking up that they stopped traffic.

Also, if other people tend to like a person, you’ll be predisposed to liking them as well.

We’ve discussed the power of social proof throughout the blog.

Authority - People will tend to obey authority figures, even if they are asked to perform objectionable acts.

Alpha males fall into this category as well as people with a great deal of passion for what they do. Authority generally comes from drive

Liking - People are easily persuaded by other people that they like. People were more likely to buy if they liked the person selling it to them. You’ll also note that liking also revolves around favoring more attractive people. However, attractive does not necessarily mean “physically” attractive… we’ll discuss this later as well.

Scarcity - Perceived scarcity will generate demand. For example, saying offers are available for a “limited time only” encourages sales.

Scarcity works REALLY well in dating and seduction because… guess what… there’s only ONE of you. Now, if you can couple that with authority and social proof, you now have a YOU that’s arguably better than 99.5% of the population.

A scarce sort of commodity indeed.

If you’ll notice, a lot of what you read about in the dating and seduction community can be based on one or more of these constructs.

For example:

Time Constraints - Scarcity and Authority (I’m busy)

Multi Dating - Committment and Consistency as well as Reciprocation (you’re showing her a great time.

Great Sex - Liking, Scarcity (not many men are REALLY good), authority (you telling her what to do, throwing her around), Reciprocation (trust me)

Having Sex A Second Time When You Aren’t Drunk - Committment and Consistency (I’ve already done it once).

Remember, this is just a preview. We’ll go over much more of this stuff in the next couple of days.

Just wrap your mind around it a bit.

Oh, and because I like you (liking)… and because everyone else is doing it (social proof)… and because maybe I’ll have to take it down (scarcity)… and because you’ve already read this far (consistency)… and because you’ve been mooching off my bandwidth for months (reciprocity)… and mainly because I’m telling you to (authority)…
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be

6 Constructs Of Influence-A Quick Overview
Page 1 of 1