Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? Empty
PostSubject: Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?   Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:22 pm

When it comes to setting up an online profile for a networking site, dating site, or even a personal ad to meet and attract women pictures are a key element to this. Almost every single helpful tip list on dating sites and others will tell you that people that have pictures are 5 times more likely to be seen than an other ad. I think most people understand this, and they also understand the more pictures the better off you tend to do.

The thing we need to remember is like the old saying says, "A picture says a thousand words." What I am worried about is what words they are saying on your behalf when a woman looks at your profile.

One of the biggest questions I get on my Ask JSmooth Online Game thread is about pictures. What should the be of? How many pictures should I have? Should I have women in them? Any other tips?

The first thing you need to keep in mind is whatever we have in our pictures needs to be CONGRUENT with what we tell people we are like in our profile. If you say that you are outgoing then you better have pictures of you out doing things, and not alone in your place. If you say that you like to play sports, then have pictures of you playing sports. Bottom line is to make sure your pictures tell the same story that you are in your profile with how you described yourself.

What should the be of?

The pictures should be of you doing something active. Granted if all you have is a picture of you standing around that is better than nothing. You may even have to start taking your digital camera with you when you go places to get random shots. Like I mentioned before with being congruent get pictures of you doing the things you like. If you were to glance at my Match.com profile there are pictures of me shooting pool, pistol shooting, hanging out with friends downtown, and cooking. That way when I tell people in my profile I like the outdoors, enjoy playing pool, that I'm outgoing, and like to cook they believe what they are reading. They can also get a sense of my lifestyle by seeing these pictures.

The other thing to consider is what you are wearing in your photos. I have a buddy who virtually always wears Affliction style clothing. Every photo he is in he almost looks the same because of that, that isn't exactly attractive. You have a woman thinking is he going to wear "Affliction" if we go to a nice dinner date. You want pictures of you in your relaxed clothes, something more snappy casual, and maybe even formal if you can. Make sure the photos have some diversity.

Make sure to have you in pictures with both men and women. This shows that you have guy friends and friends that are women. This further emphasizes you have healthy relationships with both sexes. Some guys only have friends that are women, and some only men. We are showing all kinds of people like us.

How many pictures should I have?

You should have all the pictures your profile will allow you to put up. The more the better. If you are limited to how many pictures you can put on a profile remember diversity. You want to have pictures of you in different dress and attire. Make sure to have some of you with men and women. Make the best of what you have to work with.

Should I have women in them?

Yes!!! If you are familiar with the concept of Attraction Switches or Demonstrating Higher Value then you have heard of the idea called "pre-selection." All "pre-selected" means is that you are somehow pre-chosen by women to be found attractive. When women see this they can skip a step of qualification in getting to know you. That skipping of the step makes it easier and makes you more attractive. Thus, you should have photos of you and women hugging on each other and that sort of thing. However, with that being said we don't want more than a few of these pictures on your profile. Too many pictures like this and you look like a "player."

Any other tips?

There are a few more things to consider with the photos you are about to put online. One of the first things you need to keep in mind is the age of the picture. I personally advise you to never put up a picture that is over 6 months old, and never more than a year old. The reason for this is pretty simple. People change too much in a year's time in fashion style's, haircuts, etc. Make sure to keep it current. As you go out and continue to take new photos add them to the websites you are on and keep stuff updated.

Take into consideration what is in the background of the photo. I have seen too many people take pictures of them in their home, and when I look at the background I see piles of dirty clothes, dirty dishes, etc. This may not bother some people, but it does others. We don't want people thinking you are a slob or disorganized.

Another thing to keep in mind is what is going on in the picture. Do you just have a bunch of pictures of you and your friends posing? Do you have any of you actively doing something? Are you serious in all your pictures, or do you have some of you goofing off? Is the photo edited, have you removed the red eye, and cropped it?

Keep your camera handy as you are out doing things with friends or even by yourself. It's easy to ask someone to take a snapshot for you at different points. Almost no one I have met will refuse to take a picture for someone.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944

PostSubject: Re: Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?   Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:25 am

I like the post J.. I like it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?   Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Juice wrote:
I like the post J.. I like it!!
Thanks man, I think this is one of the most crucial parts of any online profile.
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?   Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:14 pm

my facebook is of me out one night when i found someone dressed as pikachu... i wont change it for a while Razz
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?   Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:28 am

JSmooth wrote:
Almost no one I have met will refuse to take a picture for someone.

LOL . . . until you meet me . . .

Had some girls just last night ask me to take their pic . . . I refused . . . then they had one of their own group take the pic . . . and pulled me in with them, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words?   Pictures say 1,000 words, but which words? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1