Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...

Go down 
+5
Jenkzzsta
Vedere
randy1random
Fortunehooks1
Ka
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... Empty
PostSubject: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:34 pm

So this is a bit premature since i do not have nor plan on having kids anytime soon....but these are things i wish someone had told me, in the way i would say them. Im sure we all had our parents tell us to work hard at school, or work hard when we first got a job, etc. Now maybe its just beyond anyone at that point in life to fully grasp the weight and importance of doing just what was told to them by those people, but i have never heard it told the way i feel it, and think it would motivate the young mind to excell.

Id of course slowly be explaing simple PU concepts to my son or daughter as well...first general more socially relevant concepts, and as they get older more sexually relevant...

Since im a guy, id tell it as if im telling a guy, but for the most part it wouldnt change much if i had a daughter.

The first reason for studying hard, skipping that party you really wana goto, and doing well in school/work is this...

If you wana be able to goto that cool club, awsome party, or take a girl out when your older you will need money...so work hard now so you can enjoy those things later. Having money wont make you happy, but it will make alot of things easier for you. If you want a nice car, a cool place to live, and dont wana worry if you can afford to eat work hard now.

If you want people to respect you, work hard. People are motivated, inspired, and attracted to hard working people. They will respond better to you when you ask something of them and they will be more likely to want to spend time with you and help you.

I will of course tell them how school and the post secondary time period went for me. Id explain that if i could go back id jump back to middle school, where i went from being a straight A student in elementry school to a C, just getting by type through middle school and highschool. Id point out how that damaged my choices for real colleges, and how later it affected my stature in life and my social life.

Then of course id do everything in my power to promote, encourage, and support that son or daughter in pursueing what they want to do, not what i think is best for them. If they want to be a lawyer, a business person, a trashman or a janitor...i dont care as long as they are happy with what they do with themselves.

If your in a position of raising a child, having a young nephew or niece, or are young enough yourself to change these things...act now!

3 things that are of the utmost importance:

-Supporting them (this means doing whatever you can to help, be it emotional support or finacial or more...regardless of what you think is the best course of action for them)
-Explain why its important to work hard now, dont just say it is...dont give them examples they cannot understand.
-Only reinterate when circumstances have changed, for instance they are older and can understand other examples, new concepts, etc. You do not want them to dred the lecture and spite themselves to spite you.

I wish i could go back and change how i viewed school as a young man, alas i cannot and the past cannot be changed, but i look ahead working my hardest to change the future now...its not easy but anything worth having is hard to get.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:54 am

Ka, thank you for posting this my brother. All I want you to answer is this question, " When is the book coming out?" You have many different ideas that need to be written down in novel form, my friend. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:06 am

Fortunehooks1 wrote:
Ka, thank you for posting this my brother. All I want you to answer is this question, " When is the book coming out?" You have many different ideas that need to be written down in novel form, my friend. peace,lvoe and succe SS

Haha, who knows maybe sooner then later. I already have plans for writting one of those get rich quick books. It will be 900 blank pages for volume and the first page will say in big bold letters "Write a book about how to get rich quick." The blank pages can be used as scrap, a place to jot notes, or as kindling for the fireplace Wink
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Thanks Ka. I'm definitely gonna teach my daughter to the importance of hard work.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi Ka.
You're right man, I want to give my children the same message.
I've been on the wrong way in the past ( my dad was also and he stayed there ) but seeing what my dad his career is like now, I got back on the right one and I'm at uni now.

However, I don't think that dropping out of school is the worst thing.

There are a lot of famous people and really a lot, who made it top the top, who are school dropouts. What seperates them from the other dropouts that never made it?

They had that inner fire in them burning and kept on going and going, chasing your dream.

I don't think you NEED a graduate to have a succesful career, but hell yeah, easy for me to say, it may be a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Jenkzzsta
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Jenkzzsta

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:29 am

It all sounds good but may i suggest something first, before you begin doing such a thing.
Read Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki. You may, or may not agree with the perception he conveys in the book (i agreed) but it may open your eyes to see the larger picture.
You dont necessarily need to be a college graduate to have a successful career, but i do agree you need the right attitude and motivation, as well as support form your parents.

Give it a shot bro, its a good book and will help out with a few things even though its a book about money and so on.
Smile
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 7:58 am

I second that. I DEFINITELY recommend that book. It's awesome. Like Robert Kiyosaki, I'm not big on specifically a college education, but I'm definitely big on education in general. I've learned more on my own than I ever did in any school.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Idk where you guys got the idea that i felt or suggested even that college was a must.

I just re-read my own post to make sure and im quite sure i did not once elude to college being a big deal.

I did stress doing well in school, granted....we live in a time period where doors open for you based on how many peices of paper you have, but i still beleive its possible to be successful without college.

Then again no one has ever went to a job interview and been told "You have a bachloer's degree, thats not exaclty what we are looking for. We were hopeing for someone with maybe an associates or only a hs diploma."

In anycase, the main highlight of my post was to instill in people at a young age that hardwork now means you will be able to enjoy life many times more then someone who just gets by and then either doesnt ever try or tries too late to enrich thier lives.

Im sure we can all relate, by looking back at a event or a period in our lives and thinking to ourselves, "If i had applied myself a bit more..." or "If only i had studied more..." or "If i had taken work more seriously..."

I know i can do this for many scenrios, and i would hope my children do not make the same mistakes i have made, im paying the price for relaxing as a teenager as an adult now.
Back to top Go down
Jenkzzsta
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Jenkzzsta

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:44 am

yea true,
i agree with it all, but its still a good idea reading the book xD
its a good read either way and it might help you. It inspired me to think more about money and what i wanted in life, to have goals.

Which i think may be a part of what you would want for your children.
anyway goodluck man =]
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 am

Ka, you are hitting a solid point. Especially:

Quote :
Then again no one has ever went to a job interview and been told "You
have a bachloer's degree, thats not exaclty what we are looking for. We
were hopeing for someone with maybe an associates or only a hs diploma."
I'd just add that likewise, no interviewer will tell you, "What I like about you is that you always wanted to do [insert goal here], even though you never followed through with it." Of course that's an absurd example, but how often do you hear people say how they always wanted to do something but just never did?

Character-building experience is not accidental, and life favors the proactive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
DTM
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
DTM

Male Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 am

i knew the people that made fun of me (and still do) for studying and worrying all the time would get what they deserve
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DTM_rwd
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Karma wrote:
Ka, you are hitting a solid point. Especially:

Quote :
Then again no one has ever went to a job interview and been told "You
have a bachloer's degree, thats not exaclty what we are looking for. We
were hopeing for someone with maybe an associates or only a hs diploma."
I'd just add that likewise, no interviewer will tell you, "What I like about you is that you always wanted to do [insert goal here], even though you never followed through with it." Of course that's an absurd example, but how often do you hear people say how they always wanted to do something but just never did?

Character-building experience is not accidental, and life favors the proactive.

Couldnt have said it better myself Karma. This is how the world works, the people who spend a few years early in their life reap the rewards for the rest of their life, had i known this 10-15 years ago id be much better off now.

Also i have always been the type to love learning new things, and when i apply myself to learning something i immerse myself in it til i am an expert. I do not waste my time by giving it a half hearted effort. Hoever as ateenager i did not take school seriously and only got by when i very easily could have been top of the class. The few years i spent diddling around will impact the rest of my years on earth in a scope i could never have comprehended.
Back to top Go down
t3h_v4rg4sm
rAFC
rAFC
t3h_v4rg4sm

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Hey, I'm 17, so I'm currently a senior in High School. I'm already regretting not pushing myself harder, even in the little things! Trust me, a good education brings your value so much higher. It's not that you're worthless without it, but certain things that are trivial and simple to attain with an education are nearly impossible without.

I'm not a dumb person, I'm told I'm very far from it, actually. If you think you can use intelligence in your arsenal, get an IQ test. I scored a 154, I've been bragging about it since. You'd be surprised how many girls find it incredibly sexy. You don't necessarily need to make them feel dumb, but you can impress a lot of people by being able to do math in your head, build things, know pointless facts... et cetera. Plus, in my age group, the parents really dig it if you sound smart.

...and I have a thing for nerdy girls. Something about the glasses Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...   The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The reasons i will tell my kids to work hard in school...
Page 1 of 1