Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Counter AMOG Theory(s)

Go down 
+8
z-mac
L.A. Tripp
Whoopie
Grape
Juice
nuked
Fortunehooks1
Ka
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Grape wrote:

Haha, I've kicked his ass so many times.
He's just.. stupid.
He's not cool, he's one of the people no one really likes once you get to know them.

See right there is what im talking about grape...how can you call someone a close friend and then feel that way about them?

He's either a close friend or an asshole. I know asshole that i have known for a long time...knowing them a long time doesnt make them good friends. I have amazing friends i meet as little as a month ago, and have known people from when i was elementry school who i think are assholes.

Either counter AMOG the guy or aproach him and explain to him to back off, either way you need to be ready and willing to ditch him for good.

Despite repeating myself, ima say you need to rethink your concept of who DESERVES to be considered YOUR friend. This guy clearly does not. Once you rethink your idea of who your friends are eliminate the ones who arent from your social life.

I cant tell you anymore straight how to handle the situation...so i cant really give you any more advice on this situation as id just be spinning my wheels.
Back to top Go down
Grape
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Grape

Male Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Ka, I know.
I've been looking at it as a friend being beneficial and loyal, clearly he's not it.
I've known him a long time, and there never was a sign of trust or much.
He's just been a person I've hung out with every now and then as a "kind-of friend" for a long time.
I'm getting ready to ditch old people I don't like and meet new people.

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
z-mac
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
z-mac

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 pm

Grape wrote:
z-mac wrote:
king Hey I was in highschool too, I know the feeling. What you need here is expand your social circle, find people who have personalities that boost yours, start recruiting for a new band or how it is called in the industry a side project. Cop yourself a hot 9 or 10, and she gotta be a bad bitch, the baddest. So that everyone can recognize game. In fact start surrounding yourself with bad broads, get social proofed homeboy, become untouchable, begin developing as a man, your own, not based on how others see you. So if your weak ass guitar player or whatever drops a lame Asian joke, when you come out c/f it will show. Man, not to brag but right now, I got a hot 9, she is a bad broad man, like literally, ballin black dudes just gawk at her bad ass booty, look at her, than look at me, as she flares them off as lames while holding my arm. She always yell in public how she hates me and say " Damn ASIAN!" , while she holds me hard.
Dude that is hate from these other lames, and it is the best compliment a hater can give is just stare me down while a HB holds on to me for dear life. king What i am saying is, it is all possible, like the matrix, you will bend the spoon, but its not the spoon that bends....ITS YOU HOMEBOY! farao

You are soo right.
@*#$ this.
I have a completely new aspect on life and relationships.
Why not start over?
I'll hang out with the ones that are cool and better and seriously start ditching the ones I hate.
I'll make plans with the HB's where the fags aren't around.
Sure it'll be pretty hard, but it'll be better.

Start with this in mind: do not hate them, just bounce, do it on the smooth, just do it, its not like you need there permission. I understand your social circle, I had a band too, I had a member like yours, he never got on amog because i am asian, but he was unforgivable. Hit me up and update me, and show me how to get a copy of the October man routine, PM me bro.... bom
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:17 am

z-mac wrote:
and show me how to get a copy of the October man routine, PM me bro.... bom

z, if he doesn't have that routine, hit up nuked. I know he has it.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Grape
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Grape

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:44 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
z-mac wrote:

I have it, don't worry. Wink
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:15 am

Grape wrote:
L.A. Tripp wrote:
z-mac wrote:

I have it, don't worry. Wink

Good to know. Mental note taken, lol.
Back to top Go down
stevenadrien
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
stevenadrien

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 am

Lol what if you just say something normal contributing to the conversation and the AMOG is like "oh yeah dude nice one." Mind you, this is one of the higher social proofed guys. it doesn't really get to me anymore since I know he's kiddin but still ya know
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:23 am

stevenadrien wrote:
Lol what if you just say something normal contributing to the conversation and the AMOG is like "oh yeah dude nice one." Mind you, this is one of the higher social proofed guys. it doesn't really get to me anymore since I know he's kiddin but still ya know

He's higher social proofed for a reason then. His frame is larger than yours and he's letting you and everyone know it. You first need to work on MATCHING his frame, THEN exceeding it. Do just what he does . . . not let the stuff get to you. You blow it off and the girls will notice.

Unless he's complimenting you on your own growth. In which, take it to heart, and keep growing from that point forward.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 pm

stevenadrien wrote:

Id toss something out like, "Thx man, if i didnt have you around i wouldnt know." Usually i save a response like this for someone who has a saying like the above or, "true." after you say something you know is true or nice, and they say this more then once.

I had a girl keep saying true after id say a truism...i said, "Gee thanks, without you around to confirm my truism's i wouldnt know if they were, um, true." Then shes like like i guess i say that alot, to which i respond, "ture."

You could also just give them a wierd wtf look when they add crap like that on the end.
Back to top Go down
z-mac
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
z-mac

PostSubject: Here is a David D. lesson   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:27 pm

I learned this on his seminar and than I will give my 2 cents.

Throw your own kickback", happy hour", party or bbq, after hours". David D. taught me this.
My 2 cents: when you go to one of these as a guest, it is respectful to greet the one who is doing it. If you do your own, they greet you. Hence, nobody can Amog you, if they do, everybody will know who the jerk is in the party. I had a summer when I did this with my band members, you will get laid, somebody always gets laid, its one of the most social PUA thing you can do, it builds comfort, and as the sun goes down, than you can bounce with the crowd, and you are social proofed at the other location as well...
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Excellent point z.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:15 am

z-mac wrote:
I learned this on his seminar and than I will give my 2 cents.

Throw your own kickback", happy hour", party or bbq, after hours". David D. taught me this.
My 2 cents: when you go to one of these as a guest, it is respectful to greet the one who is doing it. If you do your own, they greet you. Hence, nobody can Amog you, if they do, everybody will know who the jerk is in the party. I had a summer when I did this with my band members, you will get laid, somebody always gets laid, its one of the most social PUA thing you can do, it builds comfort, and as the sun goes down, than you can bounce with the crowd, and you are social proofed at the other location as well...

I agree, but only to an extent...i was the first of my friends to get an apartment/own place...so every weekend id throw a party. As this grew from a small thing to having maybe 30+ ppl in a 2 bedroom apartment, the intimate setting changed, and people where less likely to know everyone.

Id still get AMOG'd but very rarely...so i agree it will cut it down to near 0.
Back to top Go down
Grape
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Grape

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:30 am

It's very hard for this person for me though.

He frames everything I do as DLV.

So I found ignoring and calling him a joke works best.
Responding to frames and attempting to re-hoop things usually end up worse for me.

Some good things to use are:
- Freeze him out with your body, don't even act bothered and pretend you didn't even hear his remarks.
- When he says something trying to AMOG you, say "Haha, whatever you say man." He'll try to attempt another thing, just respond, "Haha, okayy. Whatever dude, whatever you say."

And if you happen to look at him or make a face by habit, don't ignore it after you did this, then he'll know you're TRYING to ignore him but you just noticed what he did. If you do notice him, then just smile and talk to some other people, or continue your present set.
Back to top Go down
z-mac
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
z-mac

PostSubject: yo Grape   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:02 pm

It seems to me that you will get good at this, and I will hit you up for advice in the future. All I can say is, do not act Alpha, be Alpha. Become a real man, you than will become that Alpha, and it would rub off you, it will be the unspoken truth.

For myself, to be the man is knowing I can do things even if I do not want to, do things I like without depending on a friend to tag along. I've taken the bus to the beach to boogie board by myself, I get a tan and it is a work out. Define, what makes you the man, do them, and you are the Alpha.

One time in highschool, I was dropping game on this girl sitting in front. a bald headed gangmember from 18 street had liked her and he was hating on her response to me. Anyway we ended up scrapping afterschool. I gave good licks as he did, but he cheated. He bounced in the middle of this fight that felt like an hour, and came back with 2 older gangmembers from 18 street and wanted to continue from there. I did not back off from there either. I told him go @*#$ yourself I will still fight you front of your homeboys puto. His boys did not even back him up. Next day the bruises and black eye set, and I had mad respect in school, especially from 18 street. Like respect, when gangmembers I did not know gave me props, bully's step back, punks shut themselves up. So my point, stay on your toes, it is a long battle and it is worth it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rusty
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rusty

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: A couple things   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:08 pm

First, to the bass player story....dude, if you're starting the interaction with the woman/women and he comes in and starts up, then he's cockblocking not amogging. If you've been friends with him for a while, he should know the man law or in this case the wingman rules....never move in or try to encroach on a friend's target.

Second, AMOG theory should actually be called AMOG law!! we all know it's true and it works. lol But, I digress. When you're in set and some big athletic type comes along and trys to AMOG you remember a couple things:

1.) you control the set!! it's like the alpha lion of a pride...another lion may challenge his authority and he has to bitch slap the challenger to let him know that he's not the one in charge. Same thing in set...some other guy comes in and he needs to know that YOU'RE in charge.

2.) Any guy who can't meet women on his own is not going to be smart enough to come in and steal a woman away from a guy who knows what's goin on....(Enter the PUA) Even the rAFCs...we may not be mPUAs, but we know that by trial and error, we will get better. Plus, we recognize the AMOG behavior and can quickly adapt and shift gears.

3.) If you run into a guy that you DON'T know and can't think of anything to say...ask him if he knows the girl. If he says yes, then you obviously have to become him his friend and AMOG him at the same time without offending the girl. If he says no and you can't come up with anything quick...simply say....ok and go back to talking to the HB without giving that guy a second glance. If he wants to try again, just say "you're still there?" If the conversation is rolling with the target, she will agree that AMOG boy is annoying.

My personal favorite response to a guy who interrupts my conversations is more fun....I look at the guy with a calm and relaxed expression and say, "can I help you?" I use that all the time with my friends and guys I don't know. Only my friends can come up with anything good. The guys I don't know tend to get all tongue tied. They don't know what to say because they come in to talk to the girl and not be questioned by me. lol

Rusty

"Be like water. You put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; in a kettle, it becomes the kettle; in a bottle, it becomes the bottle; water can flow or it can crash, be like water my friend." --Bruce Lee
Back to top Go down
bigP
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
bigP

Male Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:28 am

Interesting Stuff KA and great post(s) bro!

I used to be so into AMOG tactics but yeah I was watching some Lance Mason and PU 101 stuff and they really did show how its just a DLV.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 pm

bigP wrote:
Interesting Stuff KA and great post(s) bro!

I used to be so into AMOG tactics but yeah I was watching some Lance Mason and PU 101 stuff and they really did show how its just a DLV.

AMOG'in in moderation can be benificial, doing it 24/7 makes you an ass...but countering is never wrong.
Back to top Go down
wizardx21
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
wizardx21

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: problems at work   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:58 pm

so, ive got a huge issue with cats at work. its not even around gals that bugs me (i introduce the potential amog as hercules and he tends to walk), its those big ol jerks you run into on the daily. the worst part about my job is that there are 2 types of soldiers: ones who have been to combat and ones who havent. i havent gotten the opportunity to go to combat yet, so im kind of suckin, but the ones who go and come back all have a sense of amog (yknow, cuz theyve been in the shit). anyway, theres one character in particular - hes quick. any time i attempt a counter, he has somethin to back it up. additionally, everyone is a target with this cat. no one can seem to break this guy down. and if thats not enough, theres always 1 or 2 guys that seem to cluster around him and feed his amog status and back him up. its pretty terrible... ugh. it gets me so heated during the day that when i go out at night it ruins all my approaches. what on earth is a guy supposed to do?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 pm

AAhhh, one of those seemingly unbreakable frames, lol.

I would suggest infiltrating from the inside. Make friends with him. Learn what makes him tick. While you are doing that, you're likely to get some action from association.

Also, watch his body language. You're likely to pick up on a weakness or two just from that.
Back to top Go down
Grape
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Grape

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:04 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
AAhhh, one of those seemingly unbreakable frames, lol.

I would suggest infiltrating from the inside. Make friends with him. Learn what makes him tick. While you are doing that, you're likely to get some action from association.

Also, watch his body language. You're likely to pick up on a weakness or two just from that.

How do we apply this to blowing the guy out of set?? I'm good with ignoring, but when I want to completely blow him out then I just freeze up. He's a huge amog too, muscular and wrestles me to the ground in front of sets. Sometimes I fight back, kick his ass with my black belt skills, and he shuts up for a while; but I hate being violent.
This guy (bass player) is a complete dick. He's an asshole only when there is social competition. So when we're out having fun, hanging out with a big group (mixed and one-gender), and parties, etc.
But, he's not bad at being an asshole since he's been one ever since a couple years back when his parents divorced and he started pissing everyone off around him.
His sense of humor is only by completely making other people in the set feel like shit. He teases everyone, negs everyone, and completely brings them down. This creates attraction for girls, but he doesnt know the next step. Wink
Also, he's VERY VERY good at setting frames that he's cool and everyone else are worth crap. He lies too. We tell him it's not true. He's unphased and continues to spread rumors.
Ofcourse when we're back home we analyze the night and notice he's a complete flake. But I'm a one night stand guy.
I DID notice one thing though. When he hangs out with a higher social proofed guy (a college snowboarder, the amog loves snowboarding), he becomes TOTALLY submissive and follows every foot step of the high value guy.
Also.. he has porn addiction. But we both know stuff about each other that'd bring both of us down.
So should I start freezing him out or counter amog him(which'll be very very hard)?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:36 am

His weakness if his parent's divorce. That subject would cut him off at his knees. Either he'd come back with more fury than you've ever seen or he'd completely shut down. Which means it's also dangerous territory. With what you've said, you need to build your status APART from him and become THAT super high value guy. Make it OBVIOUS that you're socially proofed to that extent by allowing people to come to you, because YOU'RE the leader, and YOU'RE pre-selected. You will have to continue AMOGing him just to keep your frame in tact, while at the same time, you build your social proof apart from him, while allowing those friends to come and display YOUR proof.
Back to top Go down
Grape
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Grape

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:47 am

Yup, he's been sucking up to me when I bring up that he's a bastard child.
And he tries to break me in a sincere way like the high school drama queens, "Heyy, just letting you know. So and so said so and so about you."
I smile and say, "Haha dude, who cares?? Forget that, come on let's keep on playing." and we play our videogames or something like that.

So now, I'm becoming less vulnerable to him and at the same time I'm being sincere so he's starting to respect me more.

I've been doing that to amog recently while writing my book.
If a guy says, "Wow, you're soo gay." or "You're such a fag."
Then without ANY sarcasm in my tone or expression, like a true compliment, I say, "Dude, you're cool. Very Happy"
Then before they can reply, I back turn.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 am

There you go. You're getting the hang of it. Just not letting them break or even affect your frame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counter AMOG Theory(s)   Counter AMOG Theory(s) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Counter AMOG Theory(s)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2