Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High Intensity Interval Training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Introvert
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Introvert

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-24

High Intensity Interval Training Empty
PostSubject: High Intensity Interval Training   High Intensity Interval Training I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:23 am

A great way to condense your exercise and burn/build more, the gist of interval training is to exercise as much and as fast as you can for an interval to failure, then have a resting period of a similar time, then exercise as much and fast as you can, rest interval, etc. Interval training shows to burn more fat/build more muscle (depending on the exercise) then normal exercise as well as taking a shorter time, partly due to a large increase in your metabolism, even after the exercise is over and done with.

For instance I do:

30 sec exercise
30 sec rest

For 4 minutes, and am building up from there.

For more info, http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_100/135_fitness_tip.html

(Btw, I personally do Burpees)
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: High Intensity Interval Training   High Intensity Interval Training I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:18 am

I think you need variety. Occasionally, do a long run at a moderate pace. It will help you recover and put less stress on your body.
Back to top Go down
Action_Jackson
VIP
VIP
Action_Jackson

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: High Intensity Interval Training   High Intensity Interval Training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 3:34 am

EXACTLY Meg. I'm in physical therapy for triceps tendonitis from drumming and I asked my phys therapist about interval training and he said it's good but it's also important to have down days where you just run at a moderate pace...keeping your heart rate at around 135-150.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MatchbookMethod.com
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: High Intensity Interval Training   High Intensity Interval Training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 1:13 pm

The most import word here is failure.
You have to work till failure, cuz it's then that your muscles will say : We have a problem with keeping up with this guy; and they'll make some sort of protection ( muscle ) to keep up with you better next time. Next time you higher your breakpoint again.

My personal trainer said that this is the most important part of training and that 90% of the people don't realise this and thus, don't gain such an amount of muscles.

He also advices to rest 3 days between each workout , in order to fully recover your muscles.

I used to train 4 times a week, where I did just 3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise.
Now I go 2 times a week with 1 ;;yes 1 ; set of 8 reps-12 reps until failure ( which means I always stop at the 10th or so rep because of failure ) and I have great improvement.

In opposite to high interval training, I don't work on an interval but on a target of 8-12 reps ; and I do them very slow. ( 4 secs up, 2 hold, 4 down, 2 hold )
I believe that lifting weights fast is not good.
You make use of momentum instead of your muscles.

If interested on high intensity training, check out Mike Spencer un derground seminar on youtube.

High intensity is the best way to train. Glad you brought it up.

V
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Intensity Interval Training   High Intensity Interval Training I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Intensity Interval Training
Page 1 of 1