Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silly/Fun idea.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sydrian
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:57 pm

I've recently started collecting fedora hats, and I've decided I want a piece that is completely unique. Something I'm tossing around is getting a plain white fedora, and just having people sign it. Just completely fill it up with signatures. Have some friends sign it to start out with, and create an interesting piece in my collection. Of course I wouldn't let just anyone sign the hat, they'd still have to earn it. I think it would be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:10 pm

I like the idea, but this means youll also have to keep something on your person for people to sign it with. Id suggest something colorful to make the hat really stand out (a bunch of sigs in black will make it look a mess). Possibly one of those multicolor pens, that has like 4 colors you select by pressing one of 4 pen buttons...or maybe you can find a feather type pen that uses a uniquely colored ink and keep that feather on the hat.

More importantly, i think you should come up with an interesting story as to why your doing this. People are gonna challenge you by asking why your doing it...so have a interesting reason other then you felt like it or thought it would be cool.

Lastly, you gotta come up with what qualifies a sig on the hat, like you said not just anyone can sign it...does the qualifying to sign it match your story, or is it more playful mysterious??? Gotta figure it out.

Great idea let us know what happens
Back to top Go down
Sydrian
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Ka wrote:
come up with an interesting story as to why your doing this

Well the "story" is I have legitimately decided to collect fedora hats. I thought it would make an interesting, and unique piece in my collection. I've even found the first hat that I plan to spend good money on. Hopefully Ill be able to get it sometime around my birthday in Oct. People do a lot of odd things for stuff they collect, and this is hardly that unusual. I've even thought of taking screen printing up as a hobby to create other unique pieces. As for qualifying to sign, that is a good point. Obviously friends & family will sign it first, after that I don't expect to ask for signatures. Perhaps make people correctly answer some kind of hat related riddle if they ask. I do like the idea of having people use different colors, I really didn't think about that.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:30 am

Im a fan of creatively coming with an idea that has the makings of fun all over it. This is such an idea, Ka has definitely pointed out some pointers on how this can be productive. A backstory that connects to the signing of sigs will sell the goods, and of course a challenge that allows for a signee. Man this could be gold. good luck. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:56 am

If your the artsy type you can fill in it yourself. As in black marker and designing your own patterns for yourself. Getting others to fill it in will be awesome tho, should get some pretty good responses immortalised in your fedora
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Sydrian wrote:
Ka wrote:
come up with an interesting story as to why your doing this

Well the "story" is I have legitimately decided to collect fedora hats. I thought it would make an interesting, and unique piece in my collection.

Nope, you're missing Ka's point and he's got a good point there. That story won't catch most girl's interest. You need something to create an emotional draw for the girl in your story for the hat.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sydrian
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:10 pm

Ok, your right, I overlooked the point. I'll have to put some thought into it. If I traveled more often, I could play it off as a memento of places I've visited. Or have a bunch of frat brothers sign it, and play it off as a frat thing. Of course without some kind of special exception, it excludes most people from signing at that point. Are these more along the right lines? I'll give it some thought, I still have to find a white hat that fits first. Most of the ones I've found are one size fits most upto 7 1/4, I wear a 7 3/8....
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:17 am

Tripp was right, but i think your understanding now...while you conveyed your true interest in it to me, which is completely legit...im an impulse kinda guy like 50%+ of what i do is "because i felt like it"...but thats not gonna catch peoples interest or draw them in.

Thats not to say that your story cant convey how you really feel, but it wouldnt hurt to spice it up a bit. The story doesnt have to be different, but the skills in telling it do...apply story telling skills to it.

For instance:

"Ah, some people take pictures, others collect things...i like to live in the moment, so sitting behind the shutter isnt an option for me...it sperates me from the fun, but i wanted some way to remember all the good times with people while im out n about. So i had a hypiphany, i figured i wear fedoras all the time, might as well have people sign it with cool quotes or their names or anythng. That way when i look at it i can recall all the fun i had, and when other people ask about my hat ill have some interesting stories to tell."

A story like the above gives a reason that the person can process logically. Its also not really a lie, as you did have a sudden realization and you did do it to remember things and have a conversation peice. The spark that triggered it is just part of story telling skills, you could cut it out and convey the same general idea, start at "So i had a hypiphany..." Same story...but it lacks a logical progression.

In peoples minds everything has a source, its illogical inside the human mind to consider that somethings just happen or is. Despite functioning this way on a regular basis, our minds cant deal with it when thinking in terms of others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silly/Fun idea. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly/Fun idea.   Silly/Fun idea. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silly/Fun idea.
Page 1 of 1