Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conversation funnels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cock Diesel
Vault Personal Trainer
Vault Personal Trainer
Cock Diesel

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Conversation funnels Empty
PostSubject: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:07 am

This is sort of beginner tactic, I think… Or, a tactic for anyone who uses canned material.

The problem with using canned material, whether it be a DHV story or a funny gambit, is that, at times, it can seem so inappropriate for the particular time during the conversation… As if it were some canned routine you just busted out of nowhere..

I have a few DHV stories as well as a few comedic routines I like to tell… But the conversation has to go that way before I break them out, otherwise it seems forced..

Here’s one of my stories (true, by the way)

I went to the gym the other day. In my gym, weights are on the first floor and cardio on the second, along with some cabinets for storing your stuff. I walk up the steps and see someone I recognize. He works for environmental health and safety- basically some Nazis that come into out lab about once a month to make sure things are labeled, etc.. I know EVERYONE who comes into our building, and they know me (i.e., I’m a popular and friendly guy). I saw him on one of the stationary bikes wearing what looked like an Under Armour tank top. I’m thinking “alright…. Not my style, but, whatever.

I get closer, and, OMG it’s a unitard. Well, not a full unitard that a trapeze artist would wear, but rather, more like a singlet—something a wrestler would wear. Not only that, it had this funky pattern starting around the chest and wrapping around the back. I mean, Elton John thinks this thing looks gay.

I walk by him and knuckle bump him.. I mean, I’m not going to ignore the guy, pretend I don’t know him just because he’s wearing a unitard..

I put my stuff up and go down stairs to do my weights. About a half hr later, as I just finished a set of triceps pushdowns, he walks down the steps.. Everyone pretty much stopped mid-repetition with a universal “what the hell?” look on their faces.. I’m pretty sure the music even cut-out at that point. Their eyes follow him. He has to walk by me on his way out. He gives me an elaborate handshake, something definitely associated with the Y chromosome, and then a MAN HUG. Everyone follows him out the gym, and then, in an instant, their heads snap back and look at me…

I give an expression as if to shrug my shoulders and say “Yeah, I’m friends with the unitard… So what?

Ok, there are a few DHV spikes in this story—particularly the one at the end, where most guys would have been like “oh yuck!” but me, as secure as I am, and not giving a f*** about what anyone thinks, says “So what? I’m friends with the unitard”

Anyway, I have been thinking about “conversation funnels” to steer the conversation in the direction which makes this story appropriate..

Leading questions could be:
So, do you work out?
Often times, when people ask what I do for a living.. I tell them I’m a trapeze artist, and say how well I look in my leotard… (obviously a joke). This is a natural funnel into my gym story..

And I’ve thought of several more ways to steer this in the direction for making this story appropriate..

For those who use canned material (and who doesn’t?), I suggest finding multiple angle from which you can funnel into your stories.. The more relevant the story is to the conversation, the better….
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:09 pm

The technique you describes seems it would work well. However, I'm replying because of:

Quote :
For those who use canned material (and who doesn’t?)
I don't. A lot of people who practice natural methods do not either. I understand the PUA theories, so I just apply them to whatever comes out of my mouth; my lifestyle is attractive so therefore my stories are attractive intrinsically. Then the rest of the theories are just implemented as things come up. I once was escalating touch through hitting with one girl and decided, hey my roommate has boxing gloves. So I'd (playfully) punch her, kiss her and stop kissing before she did to punch her. It wasn't something I planned, but I still used Punch/Pull (I meant Push/Pull). And that boxing match ramped up attraction. That is a unique memory I'll have with her and I probably won't ever use it again. If I used routines, I'd plant boxing gloves in my room. But I don't because I don't think that'd be as fun.

That example is the one I use often when making this point, because its the only one I really remember-- the others just happen and I don't think nothing of it. Canned material is often thought of to be used when your a beginning and try to shy away from it as you grow. I personally would get bored saying the same things and having the same conversation every time I talk to the girl. What makes the experience unique?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm

Hobbit, I understand your point completely and the angle at which you're coming from, however, I've taught Diesel that canned material isn't necessarily what everyone normally calls "canned material". As in, it doesn't have to be from a GURU or a method to be canned, but what you have in your own head from experiences that actually happen in your life, is also canned. Things that you relate to a girl that are true from your own life. Things that you think of when talking to your target. They are in your head, so they are in your can. So, in that respect, even you actually do use canned material. Just a different perspective.

Anyway, Diesel, on your point, as you've figured out already, it is a good idea for guys to implement.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Cock Diesel
Vault Personal Trainer
Vault Personal Trainer
Cock Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:22 am

I've always looked at -published- canned material as just a way of getting ideas for coming up with your own stories. A fear far greater than a girl telling me to "fcuk off" on opening is for me to say "OMG, did you see that cat fight outside?" and she cuts me off to say "lemme guess.. one of the chick's boobs popped out"

If you tell a story, regardless of whether it is original, that IS canned material, is it not?
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:50 am

I define canned material as material that you've planned on using or worked on to maximize DHV spikes. If it's a story you tell often because its a common topic, then that's not canned to me since naturals do that. However, canned is a PUA technique which is a way of crafting stories to ensure they are attractive and to use them over and over in a contrived way. I don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Cock Diesel
Vault Personal Trainer
Vault Personal Trainer
Cock Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 am

Hobbit wrote:
I define canned material as material that you've planned on using or worked on to maximize DHV spikes. If it's a story you tell often because its a common topic, then that's not canned to me since naturals do that. However, canned is a PUA technique which is a way of crafting stories to ensure they are attractive and to use them over and over in a contrived way. I don't do that.

I wish I were that spontaneously interesting/funny... I'm not.. at least not consistently.. I have funny stories I like to tell... I've told them so many times they've become really captivating... But I can't generate one de novo
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:41 am

That will come as you become socialized and you make your lifestyle more attractive. The more attractive your life becomes, the more attractive stories you have at your disposal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversation funnels   Conversation funnels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversation funnels
Page 1 of 1