Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes

Go down 
+10
randy1random
DTM
Icebreaker
Fortunehooks1
RussianStar
MattJacks
~Meg~
PUA to be
Juice
L.A. Tripp
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:43 am

A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him, and a child cannot afford to be fooled.
James A. Baldwin

American history is longer, larger, more various, more beautiful, and more terrible than anything anyone has ever said about it.
James A. Baldwin

Any writer, I suppose, feels that the world into which he was born is nothing less than a conspiracy against the cultivation of his talent.
James A. Baldwin

Anyone who has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor.
James A. Baldwin

Be careful what you set your heart upon - for it will surely be yours.
James A. Baldwin

Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
James A. Baldwin

Education is indoctrination if you're white - subjugation if you're black.
James A. Baldwin

Every legend, moreover, contains its residuum of truth, and the root function of language is to control the universe by describing it.
James A. Baldwin

Everybody's journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.
James A. Baldwin

Fires can't be made with dead embers, nor can enthusiasm be stirred by spiritless men. Enthusiasm in our daily work lightens effort and turns even labor into pleasant tasks.
James A. Baldwin

Hatred, which could destroy so much, never failed to destroy the man who hated, and this was an immutable law.
James A. Baldwin

I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all.
James A. Baldwin

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
James A. Baldwin

I love America more than any other country in the world and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.
James A. Baldwin

I want to be an honest man and a good writer.
James A. Baldwin

I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative.
James A. Baldwin

If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.
James A. Baldwin

It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have.
James A. Baldwin

It is very nearly impossible... to become an educated person in a country so distrustful of the independent mind.
James A. Baldwin

It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.
James A. Baldwin

Life is tragic simply because the earth turns and the sun inexorably rises and sets, and one day, for each of us, the sun will go down for the last, last time.
James A. Baldwin

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
James A. Baldwin

Love him and let him love you. Do you think anything else under heaven really matters?
James A. Baldwin

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
James A. Baldwin

Money, it turned out, was exactly like sex, you thought of nothing else if you didn't have it and thought of other things if you did.
James A. Baldwin

Most of us are about as eager to be changed as we were to be born, and go through our changes in a similar state of shock.
James A. Baldwin

No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time.
James A. Baldwin

No people come into possession of a culture without having paid a heavy price for it.
James A. Baldwin

Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable.
James A. Baldwin

Nothing is more desirable than to be released from an affliction, but nothing is more frightening than to be divested of a crutch.
James A. Baldwin

People are trapped in history and history is trapped in them.
James A. Baldwin

People can cry much easier than they can change.
James A. Baldwin

People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it very simply; by the lives they lead.
James A. Baldwin

People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
James A. Baldwin

Pessimists are the people who have no hope for themselves or for others. Pessimists are also people who think the human race is beneath their notice, that they're better than other human beings.
James A. Baldwin

The face of a lover is an unknown, precisely because it is invested with so much of oneself. It is a mystery, containing, like all mysteries, the possibility of torment.
James A. Baldwin

The future is like heaven, everyone exalts it, but no one wants to go there now.
James A. Baldwin

The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.
James A. Baldwin

The noblest spirit is most strongly attracted by the love of glory.
James A. Baldwin

The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side.
James A. Baldwin

The question of sexual dominance can exist only in the nightmare of that soul which has armed itself, totally, against the possibility of the changing motion of conquest and surrender, which is love.
James A. Baldwin

The questions which one asks oneself begin, at least, to illuminate the world, and become one's key to the experience of others.
James A. Baldwin

The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in.
James A. Baldwin

The writer's greed is appalling. He wants, or seems to want, everything and practically everybody, in another sense, and at the same time, he needs no one at all.
James A. Baldwin

The young think that failure is the Siberian end of the line, banishment from all the living, and tend to do what I then did - which was to hide.
James A. Baldwin

There are few things more dreadful than dealing with a man who knows he is going under, in his own eyes, and in the eyes of others. Nothing can help that man. What is left of that man flees from what is left of human attention.
James A. Baldwin

There is a "sanctity" involved with bringing a child into this world: it is better than bombing one out of it.
James A. Baldwin

There is never time in the future in which we will work out our salvation. The challenge is in the moment; the time is always now.
James A. Baldwin

Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.
James A. Baldwin

To act is to be committed, and to be committed is to be in danger.
James A. Baldwin

To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life, of life itself, and to be present in all that one does, from the effort of loving to the making of bread.
James A. Baldwin

Voyagers discover that the world can never be larger than the person that is in the world; but it is impossible to foresee this, it is impossible to be warned.
James A. Baldwin

When a man asks himself what is meant by action he proves that he isn't a man of action. Action is a lack of balance. In order to act you must be somewhat insane. A reasonably sensible man is satisfied with thinking.
James A. Baldwin

When one begins to live by habit and by quotation, one has begun to stop living.
James A. Baldwin

You know, it's not the world that was my oppressor, because what the world does to you, if the world does it to you long enough and effectively enough, you begin to do to yourself.
James A. Baldwin
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 3:41 am

And our dreams are who we are.
Barbara Sher

Change is not only likely, it's inevitable.
Barbara Sher

Doing is a quantum leap from imagining.
Barbara Sher

Every single one of us can do things that no one else can do - can love things that no one else can love. We are like violins. We can be used for doorstops, or we can make music. You know what to do.
Barbara Sher

Imaginary obstacles are insurmountable. Real ones aren't.
Barbara Sher

Isolation is a dream killer.
Barbara Sher

It's essential to distinguish between events that are really beyond your control and events you caused yourself.
Barbara Sher

Real obstacles don't take you in circles. They can be overcome. Invented ones are like a maze.
Barbara Sher

Resentment is weak and lowers your self-esteem.
Barbara Sher

The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.
Barbara Sher

The cure for sorrow is to learn something.
Barbara Sher

When you play it too safe, you're taking the biggest risk of your life. Time is the only wealth we're given.
Barbara Sher

When you start using senses you've neglected, your reward is to see the world with completely fresh eyes.
Barbara Sher

You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.
Barbara Sher

You don't have to get it right the first time.
Barbara Sher

You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning.
Barbara Sher
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:54 am

Hollywood is like life, you face it with the sum total of your equipment.
Joan Crawford

I am just too much.
Joan Crawford

I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I spend!
Joan Crawford

I have always known what I wanted, and that was beauty... in every form.
Joan Crawford

I love playing bitches. There's a lot of bitch in every woman - a lot in every man.
Joan Crawford

I need sex for a clear complexion, but I'd rather do it for love.
Joan Crawford

I never go out unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star. If you want to see the girl next door, go next door.
Joan Crawford

If you have an ounce of common sense and one good friend you don't need an analyst.
Joan Crawford

If you've earned a position, be proud of it. Don't hide it. I want to be recognized. When I hear people say, 'There's Joan Crawford!' I turn around and say, 'Hi! How are you!'
Joan Crawford

It has been said that on screen I personified the American woman.
Joan Crawford

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.
Joan Crawford

Recently I heard a 'wise guy' story that I had a party at my home for twenty-five men. It's an interesting story, but I don't know twenty-five men I'd want to invite ta a party.
Joan Crawford

Women's Lib? Poor little things. They always look so unhappy. Have you noticed how bitter their faces are?
Joan Crawford

You have to be self-reliant and strong to survive in this town. Otherwise you will be destroyed.
Joan Crawford
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 am

Ability is of little account without opportunity.
Lucille Ball

I regret the passing of the studio system. I was very appreciative of it because I had no talent.
Lucille Ball

I think knowing what you cannot do is more important than knowing what you can do. In fact, that's good taste.
Lucille Ball

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
Lucille Ball

I'm not funny. What I am is brave.
Lucille Ball

If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. The more things you do, the more you can do.
Lucille Ball

In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.
Lucille Ball

It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.
Lucille Ball

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
Lucille Ball

Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't.
Lucille Ball

Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
Lucille Ball

One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn' t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.
Lucille Ball

The more things you do, the more you can do.
Lucille Ball

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
Lucille Ball

Use a make-up table with everything close at hand and don't rush; otherwise you'll look like a patchwork quilt.
Lucille Ball

You see much more of your children once they leave home.
Lucille Ball
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 am

As far as I'm concerned, "whom" is a word that was invented to make everyone sound like a butler.
Calvin Trillin

I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally.
Calvin Trillin

I never eat in a restaurant that's over a hundred feet off the ground and won't stand still.
Calvin Trillin

The food in such places is so tasteless because the members associate spices and garlic with just the sort of people they're trying to keep out.
Calvin Trillin

The question about those aromatic advertisements that perfume companies are having stitched into magazines these days is this: under the freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment, is smelling up the place a constitutionally protected form of expression?
Calvin Trillin

The shelf life of the average trade book is somewhere between milk and yogurt.
Calvin Trillin
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:00 pm

A ball player's got to be kept hungry to become a big leaguer. That's why no boy from a rich family ever made the big leagues.
Joe DiMaggio

A person always doing his or her best becomes a natural leader, just by example.
Joe DiMaggio

All pitchers are born pitchers.
Joe DiMaggio

I can remember a reporter asking me for a quote, and I didn't know what a quote was. I thought it was some kind of soft drink.
Joe DiMaggio

I feel like I have reached the stage where I can no longer produce for my club, my manager, and my teammates.
Joe DiMaggio

I think there are some players born to play ball.
Joe DiMaggio

I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee.
Joe DiMaggio

I'm a ballplayer, not an actor.
Joe DiMaggio

I'm just a ballplayer with one ambition, and that is to give all I've got to help my ball club win. I've never played any other way.
Joe DiMaggio

If anyone wants to know why three kids in one family made it to the big leagues they just had to know how we helped each other and how much we practiced back then. We did it every minute we could.
Joe DiMaggio

Now I've had everything except for the thrill of watching Babe Ruth play.
Joe DiMaggio

Pair up in threes.
Joe DiMaggio

The phrase 'off with the crack of the bat', while romantic, is really meaningless, since the outfielder should be in motion long before he hears the sound of the ball meeting the bat.
Joe DiMaggio

There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time, I owe him my best.
Joe DiMaggio

Too many kids today are playing major league ball and don't belong there.
Joe DiMaggio

We need a hit, so here I go.
Joe DiMaggio

When baseball is no longer fun, it's no longer a game.
Joe DiMaggio

You always get a special kick on opening day, no matter how many you go through. You look forward to it like a birthday party when you're a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen.
Joe DiMaggio

You start chasing a ball and your brain immediately commands your body to 'Run forward, bend, scoop up the ball, peg it to the infield,' then your body says, 'Who me?'
Joe DiMaggio
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Basically, my problem was attributed to stress more than anything. I don't know what that does and I guess doctors can tell you that there's chemicals that build up in your system when you go through a lot of stress and constant stress.
Mike Ditka

Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.
Mike Ditka

Eating properly is great. I mean you cut the fat down, cut the cholesterol out, but still you got to get your rest and you got to have some form of exercise.
Mike Ditka

Here's what I tell anybody and this is what I believe. The greatest gift we have is the gift of life. We understand that. That comes from our Creator. We're given a body. Now you may not like it, but you can maximize that body the best it can be maximized.
Mike Ditka

I always tell people I want to live to be 150 and they say why would you want to do that. I say, well there's a few people I haven't made mad yet, I want to get them.
Mike Ditka

I do like beer, but lately I've started drinking non-alcoholic beer and I like the taste of it and I don't get the alcohol, so that's a good alternative also.
Mike Ditka

I do some weights and I do a lot of stretching.
Mike Ditka

I don't know how to put it, but yet you know we have so many people who the way they look at life, the way they work depends on what happens, us winning or losing. It's kind of crazy. So, I kind of got caught up in that, I'm gonna try to stay away from that.
Mike Ditka

I mean, when you've had a problem in your past, whether it's attributed directly to high cholesterol or not, you want to lower your cholesterol. You want to eat healthy. You want to feel healthy. You want to have a little more energy.
Mike Ditka

I really believe the only way to stay healthy is to eat properly, get your rest and exercise. If you don't exercise and do the other two, I still don't think it's going to help you that much.
Mike Ditka

I think it's important to stretch as you get older, but I try to do basically all the things I did when I played, except I can't do them as well and as much.
Mike Ditka

I think your alcohol intake has to change. You know, usually a big person feels they can drink anything they want to and as much as they want to and I've cut that way back.
Mike Ditka

I'm not going to make it the all - everything. Our (the Saints) goal is to get better, make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, but I'm not gonna anguish over it like I have in the past.
Mike Ditka

I've been into the habit of freezing white grapes and using them as a snack. Instead of eating peanuts or popcorn or something like that or pretzels, I just eat the white grapes.
Mike Ditka

If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms.
Mike Ditka

If things came easy, then everybody would be great at what they did, let's face it.
Mike Ditka

If you are determined enough and willing to pay the price, you can get it done.
Mike Ditka

It's your body and you're going to have a much better life, you are going to have a quality life, better lifestyle, you're going to be healthier, you're going to be happier, you're going to enjoy the people around you and they're going to enjoy you more.
Mike Ditka

Just because you liked something as a youngster doesn't mean you have to like it as an adult. You can change your taste a little bit on the sweets and things like that.
Mike Ditka

One of my favorite things is mayonnaise and I have to tell you that. I love mayonnaise, but I don't eat it any more. If I do I put light mayonnaise on it, which I know is still not good but it's a lot better than the other one and I don't eat it that much.
Mike Ditka

People want a cop-out, listen I'm a realist and I talk about motivation, talk about all the things it takes to be greater or are important to win and people want to use excuses all the time.
Mike Ditka

Really, if I'm gonna eat a meat, I'd rather eat venison than anything and I do like it a little on the rare side. That's probably my favorite meat and I've had some awfully good venison in some of the great restaurants.
Mike Ditka

So, when it comes to eating healthy, it's just doing the right thing. And it's not something you have to do 365 days a year, but I think it's something you have to do 25 days a month. Let's put it that way.
Mike Ditka

Some people are willing to pay the price and it's the same with staying healthy or eating healthy. There's some discipline involved. There's some sacrifices.
Mike Ditka

Success isn't measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.
Mike Ditka

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.
Mike Ditka

The ones who want to achieve and win championships motivate themselves.
Mike Ditka

There's just me and my wife and a dog and we feed him Healthy Choice also.
Mike Ditka

We have a strange and wonderful relationship - he's strange and I'm wonderful.
Mike Ditka

Well, after I had the heart attack, it was a very simple choice. What the doctor told me I did and I did it religiously. I ate nothing but lean turkey breast or chicken breast or a piece of fish that was very lean. I mean I stayed away from everything.
Mike Ditka

What you feel spiritually. I think a lot of that has to do with it. If you have no spiritual life, chances are everything is going to aggravate you, you're going to fly off the handle at everything and that's what I did in the past. I've kind of got that under control now.
Mike Ditka

When I get my heart rate up, I get good exercise and I think it's good for a lot of things, plus it's not hurting my hips right now.
Mike Ditka

You see people who have been very heavy in their life who have taken that body, trimmed it down, firmed it up through discipline, exercise and being able to say no. Eating properly, that all comes into it.
Mike Ditka

You're never a loser until you quit trying.
Mike Ditka
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:13 am

A gentle heart is tied with an easy thread.
George Herbert

A lean compromise is better than a fat lawsuit.
George Herbert

A man of great memory without learning hath a rock and a spindle and no staff to spin.
George Herbert

Be calm in arguing; for fierceness makes error a fault, and truth discourtesy.
George Herbert

Be thrifty, but not covetous.
George Herbert

Better never begin than never make an end.
George Herbert

Dare to be true. Nothing can need a lie: a fault which needs it most, grows two thereby.
George Herbert

Deceive not thy physician, confessor, nor lawyer.
George Herbert

Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
George Herbert

Drink not the third glass, which thou canst not tame, when once it is within thee.
George Herbert

Good words are worth much, and cost little.
George Herbert

He hath no leisure who useth it not.
George Herbert

He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven; for everyone has need to be forgiven.
George Herbert

He that hath lost his credit is dead to the world.
George Herbert

He that is not handsome at 20, nor strong at 30, nor rich at 40, nor wise at 50, will never be handsome, strong, rich or wise.
George Herbert

He that will learn to pray, let him go to sea.
George Herbert

Hell is full of good meanings and wishings.
George Herbert

If a donkey bray at you, don't bray at him.
George Herbert

In conversation, humor is worth more than wit and easiness more than knowledge.
George Herbert

It is part of a poor spirit to undervalue himself and blush.
George Herbert

Life is half spent before we know what it is.
George Herbert

Living well is the best revenge.
George Herbert

Love and a cough cannot be hid.
George Herbert

Many kiss the hand they wish cut off.
George Herbert

Never was a miser a brave soul.
George Herbert

Night is the mother of counsels.
George Herbert

None knows the weight of another's burden.
George Herbert

One father is enough to govern one hundred sons, but not a hundred sons one father.
George Herbert

One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.
George Herbert

One sword keeps another in the sheath.
George Herbert

Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.
George Herbert

Punishment is lame, but it comes.
George Herbert

Read as you taste fruit or savor wine, or enjoy friendship, love or life.
George Herbert

Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.
George Herbert

Sometimes the best gain is to lose.
George Herbert

Speak not of my debts unless you mean to pay them.
George Herbert

Spend not on hopes.
George Herbert

Storms make the oak grow deeper roots.
George Herbert

Sweet spring, full of sweet days and roses, a box where sweets compacted lie.
George Herbert

Take all that is given whether wealth, love or language, nothing comes by mistake and with good digestion all can be turned to health.
George Herbert

The buyer needs a hundred eyes, the seller not one.
George Herbert

The devil divides the world between atheism and superstition.
George Herbert

The eyes have one language everywhere.
George Herbert

The mouse that hath but one hole is quickly taken.
George Herbert

The offender never pardons.
George Herbert

The resolved mind hath no cares.
George Herbert

The shortest answer is doing.
George Herbert

There is an hour wherein a man might be happy all his life, could he find it.
George Herbert

There is great force hidden in a gentle command.
George Herbert

There would be no great men if there were no little ones.
George Herbert

Throw away thy rod, throw away thy wrath; O my God, take the gentle path.
George Herbert

War makes thieves and peace hangs them.
George Herbert

You must lose a fly to catch a trout.
George Herbert
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:32 am

if your going to do something, do it well. put your all into it

the better the first impression the higher the tips

smile when u approach the customer and they will have a better time for it

half the food we sell is about show, if you supply fun, the customer will supply tips

these are all work related but can be interpreted into any situation
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 pm

MattJacks wrote:
if your going to do something, do it well. put your all into it

the better the first impression the higher the tips

smile when u approach the customer and they will have a better time for it

half the food we sell is about show, if you supply fun, the customer will supply tips

these are all work related but can be interpreted into any situation

Good addition man, thanks.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Madonna Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:06 am

• I am rich and famous. I have a talented and gorgeous husband and two beautiful children. I could go on.

• To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give. That takes courage; because we don't want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.

• Never forget to dream.

• A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That's why they don't get what they want.

• I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.

• Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done.

• I became an overachiever to get approval from the world.

• I won't be happy till I'm as famous as God.

• I always thought I should be treated like a star.

• I have the same goal I've had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world.

• I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.

• To me, the whole process of being a brush stroke in someone else's painting is a little difficult.

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.

• Unlike the others, I'd do anything / I'm not the same; I have no shame (from a song on her first album)

• I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.

• When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.

• That we are responsible for our own fate, we reap what we sow, we get what we give, we pull in what we put out. I know these things for sure.

• I'd like to think I am taking people on a journey; I am not just entertaining people, but giving them something to think about when they leave.

• I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.

• I try to have thick skin, but every once in a while I read something that someone says about me, and it's so slanderous and moralistic and it has nothing to do with my music.

• I want to be like Gandhi, and Martin Luther King, and John Lennon... but I want to stay alive.

• I'd love to be a memorable figure in the history of entertainment in some sexual, comic, tragic way. I'd like to leave the impression that Marilyn Monroe did, to be able to arouse so many different feelings in people.

• I think the ultimate challenge is to have some kind of style and grace, even though you haven't got money, or standing in society, or formal education. I had a very middle, lower-middle class sort of upbringing, but I identify with people who've had, at some point in their lives to struggle to survive. It adds another color to your character.

• I think you can be defiant and rebellious and still be strong and positive.

• Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, masturbate, don't judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family.

• I laugh at myself. I don't take myself completely seriously. I think that's another quality that people have to hold on to... you have to laugh, especially at yourself. I do it in most of the things I do, and most of the videos that I make and most of my performances. Even in my concerts there are so many moments when I just stood still and laughed at myself.

• In everyday life I am quiet and reserved, not the housekeeper type but cool and relaxed. I don't get up in the morning wearing false eyelashes and I don't wear fancy underwear when I'm cooking popcorn. I'm a nice little ducky.

• Everyone probably thinks that I'm a raving nymphomaniac, that I have an insatiable sexual appetite, when the truth is I'd rather read a book.

• Because I've taken my clothes off in public doesn't mean that I've revealed every inch of my soul.

• Sometimes I look back at myself and remember things I used to say, or my hairstyle, and I cringe.

• I hate polite conversation. I hate it when people stand around and go, "Hi, how are you?" I hate words that don't have any reason or meaning. Also I hate it when people smoke in elevators and closed in places. It's just so rude.

• You have to be patient. I'm not.

• I miss New York. I still love how people talk to you on the street - just assault you and tell you what they think of your jacket

• I know the aspect of my personality, being the vixen, the heartbreaker and the incredibly provocative girl is a very marketable image -- but it's not insincere. You just can't take it seriously.

• The worst thing about being famous? I think it's what everybody says.. the lack of privacy and the idea that you're not really allowed to make mistakes and everything that you do is viewed under a microscope.

• I think my biggest flaw is my insecurity. I'm terribly insecure. I'm plagued with insecurities 24/7.

• I have had many challenges in my life, including some very big ones when I was young and I've learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way. I have seen life from just about every angle you can see it from.

• I was sacked from Dunkin' Donuts for squirting the donuts jelly all over the customers.

• I wouldn't have turned out the way I was if I didn't have all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.

• Not only does society suffer from racism and sexism but it also suffers from ageism. Once you reach a certain age you're not allowed to be adventurous, you're not allowed to be sexual. I mean, is there a rule? Are you supposed to just die?

• I'm not a feminist, I'm a humanist.

• Straight men need to be emasculated. I'm sorry. They all need to be slapped around. Women have been kept down for too long. Every straight guy should have a man's tongue in his mouth at least once.

• My father was very strong. I don't agree with a lot of the ways he brought me up. I don't agree with a lot of his values, but he did have a lot of integrity, and if he told us not to do something, he didn't do it either.

• I'm anal retentive. I'm a workaholic. I have insomnia. And I'm a control freak. That's why I'm not married. Who could stand me?

• I'm a very old-fashioned girl. Marriage is a great thing when it's right. And I did celebrate it and embrace it, and I wanted the whole world to know that this was the man I loved more than anything. But there's a price to pay for that, which is something I realize now. Ever since I was in high school, when I was madly in love with someone, I was so proud of that person. I wanted the world to know that I loved him. But once you reveal it to the world -- and you're in the public eye -- you give it up, and it's not your own anymore. I began to realize how important it is to hold on to privacy and keeping things to yourself as much as possible. It's like a runaway train afterwards.

• I could probably bring up a child as normal as I can live my life. I surround myself with people who don't treat me like a celebrity or a freak or whatever, and I would do the same with my child.

• I'm not interested in being Wonder Woman in the delivery room. Give me drugs.

• My having a child is not for public consumption. It's not a career move. It's not a performance to be judged or rated. Nor is my role as a mother.

• Family is everything. Family comes first. It's not what I expected it to be, but nothing ever is.

• The last thing I want is to raise a brat. We could definately go down the wrong road. I don't want Lola to have everything she wants. I want her to appreciate things, and not to be presumptuous. I want her to have manners and social graces.

• Ever since my daughter was born I feel the fleetingness of time. And I don't want to waste it on getting the perfect lip color.

• Lourdes really is the love of my life. I don't want to traipse around with nannies and tutors. I think it's important for children to stay in one place, to socialize with other children.

• Obviously, my tastes and my priorities have changed, Just because I'm a mother doesn't mean I'm not still a rebel and that I don't want to go in the face of convention and challenge the system. I never wanted to think in a robotic way, and I don't want my children to think that way, either. I think parents should be constantly questioning society.

• Gay men are perfect men for girls who are tough. They're not threatened by strong women, and they're usually very in touch with their feelings and pay attention to details. I've always had an affinity with gay men.

• I don't trust any man who hasn't kissed another man.

• I liked my body growing up and I wasn't ashamed of it. I liked boys and didn't feel inhibited by them. Maybe it comes from having brothers and sharing a bathroom. The boys got the wrong impression of me at high school. They mistook forwardness for promiscuity. When they don't get what they want, they turn on you. I went through this period when all the girls thought I was loose and the boys said I was a nymphomaniac. The first boy I ever slept with was my boyfriend and we'd been going out a long time.

• About singer Prince: He reeks of lavender. It turned me on, actually.

• With the crucifixes I was exorcising the extremes that my upbringing dwelt on. Putting them up on the wall and throwing darts at them. And the "Boy Toy" thing was a joke, a tag name given to me when I first arrived in New York because I flirted with the boys. All the graffiti artists wore their nicknames on their belt buckles.

• Catholicism is not a soothing religion. It's a painful religion. We're all gluttons for punishment.

• It is difficult to believe in a religion that places such a high premium on chastity and virginity.

• When I get down on my knees, it is not to pray.

• I would like to see the Pope wearing my T-shirt.

• I loved nuns when I was growing up. I thought they were beautiful. For several years I wanted to be a nun. I saw them as really pure, disciplined, above average people. They had these serene faces. Nuns are sexy

• I think that life is a paradox and you have to embrace that in your work and your belief systems ... you can't be a literalist, and that's the trouble that people always find themselves in. That's why people always hit a wall with any of my stuff, because you can't take it literally.

• The fact of the matter is that you can use your beauty and use your charm and be flirtatious, and you can get people interested in your beauty. But you cannot maintain that. In the end, talent is the only thing. My work is the only thing that's going to change any minds.

• I love horses. I think I may have been one of Henry VIII’s knights in another life, riding through a great forest.

• Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.

• I don't care anymore if people dress like me, now I want them to think like me.

• If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna.

• Better to live one year as a tiger, then a hundred as sheep.

• I never wish I had a different life. I am lucky to be in the position of power that I am in and to be intelligent.

• Being blonde is definitely a different state of mind. I can't really put my finger on it, but the artifice of being blonde has some incredible sort of sexual connotation. Men really respond to it. I love blonde hair but it really does something different to you. I feel more grounded when I have dark hair, and I feel more ethereal when I have light hair. It's unexplainable. I also feel more Italian when my hair is dark.

• There are moments when I can't believe I'm as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don't think, Oh God, I'm missing something.

• I have the most perfect belly button. When I stick my fingers in it, I feel a nerve in the center of my body shoot up my spine.

• I've always wanted to be taller. I feel like a shrimp, but that's the way it goes. I'm five-foot four-and-a-half-inches -- that's actually average. Everything about me is average. Everything's normal, in the books. It's the things inside me that make me not average.

• It's not my nature to just kick back.

• I think passive beauties have their place in the world. It's hard for me to relate to that.

• People think they will wake up one day and I'll be gone. But I'm never going away.

• From Britney Spears: I would really, really, really like to be a legend like Madonna. Madonna knows what to do next, and when she's performing, the audience is just in awe of her.

• From Britney Spears: I performed at Mom and Dad's party when I was four. Oh my gosh, I was singing a Madonna song and I peed myself.

• From Cher: No one knows how to work this business like she does.

• From Susan Sarandon: The history of women in popular music can, pretty much, be divided into before and after Madonna.

• From Rosie O'Donnell: She is no symbol. She is human. More brilliant than most. The real deal.

• From Miley Cyrus: Madonna always reinvents herself, and that's what I want to do. Whatever comes my way that sounds good, that's what I want to do. Whether it's designing clothes or photography or whatever.

• From Gwyneth Paltrow: She's like an older sister. Everything I have gone through, she went through ten times worse and ten times longer. She gives me good advice about how to say no and take care of myself.

• From Tori Amos: Madonna’s sound was made for the dance floor when she epitomized the New York club kid; it got a bit closer to rock when she started presenting herself that way, connected with R&B when her image became softer again, went New Age techno when she got into spirituality, and so on. Fashion has become a part of the musical exploration and experience.

• From Sean Penn: She was in the process of becoming the biggest star in the world. I just wanted to make my films and hide. I was an angry young man. I had a lot of demons and don't really know who could've lived with me at the time. I was just as badly behaved as her, so I can't point the finger of blame.

• From Sarah Jessica Parker: Madonna's probably the most disciplined person around and so I can only pale in comparison. It's just too impressive.

• From Michael Moore: If we had a royal system she'd be the queen of Michigan and all the Michiganders would bow down to her, and I'm not kidding. She's a person with a good heart; she does a lot of good for other people. I really admire her.

• From Beyonce: It all works for Madonna. I mean, I couldn’t do a lot of the things she does, but it works for her.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:21 am

All claims of education notwithstanding, the pupil will accept only that which his mind craves.
Emma Goldman

Anarchism is the great liberator of man from the phantoms that have held him captive; it is the arbiter and pacifier of the two forces for individual and social harmony.
Emma Goldman

Before we can forgive one another, we have to understand one another.
Emma Goldman

Crime is naught but misdirected energy.
Emma Goldman

Direct action is the logical, consistent method of Anarchism.
Emma Goldman

Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labeled Utopian.
Emma Goldman

Free love? as if love is anything but free. Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love.
Emma Goldman

Heaven must be an awfully dull place if the poor in spirit live there.
Emma Goldman

I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
Emma Goldman

Idealists are foolish enough to throw caution to the winds. They have advanced mankind and have enriched the world.
Emma Goldman

If love does not know how to give and take without restrictions, it is not love, but a transaction that never fails to lay stress on a plus and a minus.
Emma Goldman

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.
Emma Goldman

In the true sense one's native land, with its background of tradition, early impressions, reminiscences and other things dear to one, is not enough to make sensitive human beings feel at home.
Emma Goldman

It is essential that we realize once and for all that man is much more of a sex creature than a moral creature. The former is inherent, the other is grafted on.
Emma Goldman

Merely external emancipation has made of the modern woman an artificial being. Now, woman is confronted with the necessity of emancipating herself from emancipation, if she really desires to be free.
Emma Goldman

Morality and its victim, the mother - what a terrible picture! Is there indeed anything more terrible, more criminal, than our glorified sacred function of motherhood?
Emma Goldman

No great idea in its beginning can ever be within the law. How can it be within the law? The law is stationary. The law is fixed. The law is a chariot wheel which binds us all regardless of conditions or place or time.
Emma Goldman

No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure.
Emma Goldman

No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution... revolution is but thought carried into action.
Emma Goldman

On rare occasions one does hear of a miraculous case of a married couple falling in love after marriage, but on close examination it will be found that it is a mere adjustment to the inevitable.
Emma Goldman

One cannot be too extreme in dealing with social ills; the extreme thing is generally the true thing.
Emma Goldman

Only when human sorrows are turned into a toy with glaring colors will baby people become interested - for a while at least. The people are a very fickle baby that must have new toys every day.
Emma Goldman

Politics is the reflex of the business and industrial world.
Emma Goldman

Prostitution, although hounded, imprisoned, and chained, is nevertheless the greatest triumph of Puritanism.
Emma Goldman

Puritanism, in whatever expression, is a poisonous germ. On the surface everything may look strong and vigorous; yet the poison works its way persistently, until the entire fabric is doomed.
Emma Goldman

Since every effort in our educational life seems to be directed toward making of the child a being foreign to itself, it must of necessity produce individuals foreign to one another, and in everlasting antagonism with each other.
Emma Goldman

Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.
Emma Goldman

The demand for equal rights in every vocation of life is just and fair; but, after all, the most vital right is the right to love and be loved.
Emma Goldman

The higher mental development of woman, the less possible it is for her to meet a congenial male who will see in her, not only sex, but also the human being, the friend, the comrade and strong individuality, who cannot and ought not lose a single trait of her character.
Emma Goldman

The history of progress is written in the blood of men and women who have dared to espouse an unpopular cause, as, for instance, the black man's right to his body, or woman's right to her soul.
Emma Goldman

The individual whose vision encompasses the whole world often feels nowhere so hedged in and out of touch with his surroundings as in his native land.
Emma Goldman

The most unpardonable sin in society is independence of thought.
Emma Goldman

The most violent element in society is ignorance.
Emma Goldman

The motto should not be: Forgive one another; rather understand one another.
Emma Goldman

The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue.
Emma Goldman

The ultimate end of all revolutionary social change is to establish the sanctity of human life, the dignity of man, the right of every human being to liberty and well-being.
Emma Goldman

There is no hope even that woman, with her right to vote, will ever purify politics.
Emma Goldman

To the indefinite, uncertain mind of the American radical the most contradictory ideas and methods are possible. The result is a sad chaos in the radical movement, a sort of intellectual hash, which has neither taste nor character.
Emma Goldman

To the moralist prostitution does not consist so much in the fact that the woman sells her body, but rather that she sells it out of wedlock.
Emma Goldman

When we can't dream any longer we die.
Emma Goldman

Woman, essentially a purist, is naturally bigoted and relentless in her effort to make others as good as she thinks they ought to be.
Emma Goldman

Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open.
Emma Goldman
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:31 am

"Wize me create proverbs fools repeate them" And yes I am aware of the irony
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:40 am

randy1random wrote:
"Wize me create proverbs fools repeate them" And yes I am aware of the irony

LOL, thanks for the addition man.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 2:49 am

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!
Gary Johnston
Team America
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 am

A man has a property in his opinions and the free communication of them.
James Madison

A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce, or a tragedy, or perhaps both.
James Madison

A pure democracy is a society consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the government in person.
James Madison

A sincere and steadfast co-operation in promoting such a reconstruction of our political system as would provide for the permanent liberty and happiness of the United States.
James Madison

A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country.
James Madison

A well-instructed people alone can be permanently a free people.
James Madison

All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree.
James Madison

All that seems indispensible in stating the account between the dead and the living, is to see that the debts against the latter do not exceed the advances made by the former.
James Madison

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
James Madison

America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts.
James Madison

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
James Madison

And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.
James Madison

Any reading not of a vicious species must be a good substitute for the amusements too apt to fill up the leisure of the labouring classes.
James Madison

As a man is said to have a right to his property, he may be equally said to have a property in his rights.
James Madison

As long as the reason of man continues fallible, and he is at liberty to exercise it, different opinions will be formed.
James Madison

By rendering the labor of one, the property of the other, they cherish pride, luxury, and vanity on one side; on the other, vice and servility, or hatred and revolt.
James Madison

Commercial shackles are generally unjust, oppressive, and impolitic.
James Madison

Despotism can only exist in darkness, and there are too many lights now in the political firmament to permit it to remain anywhere, as it has heretofore done, almost everywhere.
James Madison

Do not separate text from historical background. If you do, you will have perverted and subverted the Constitution, which can only end in a distorted, bastardized form of illegitimate government.
James Madison

Each generation should be made to bear the burden of its own wars, instead of carrying them on, at the expense of other generations.
James Madison

Every nation whose affairs betray a want of wisdom and stability may calculate on every loss which can be sustained from the more systematic policy of its wiser neighbors.
James Madison

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
James Madison

I have no doubt but that the misery of the lower classes will be found to abate whenever the Government assumes a freer aspect and the laws favor a subdivision of Property.
James Madison

I should not regret a fair and full trial of the entire abolition of capital punishment.
James Madison

If men were angels, no government would be necessary.
James Madison

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

If we are to take for the criterion of truth the majority of suffrages, they ought to be gotten from those philosophic and patriotic citizens who cultivate their reason.
James Madison

In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.
James Madison

In no instance have... the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people.
James Madison

In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority.
James Madison

It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.
James Madison

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
James Madison

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
James Madison

Learned Institutions ought to be favorite objects with every free people. They throw that light over the public mind which is the best security against crafty and dangerous encroachments on the public liberty.
James Madison

Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.
James Madison

Liberty may be endangered by the abuse of liberty, but also by the abuse of power.
James Madison

No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.
James Madison

Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other.
James Madison

Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.
James Madison

Philosophy is common sense with big words.
James Madison

Religion flourishes in greater purity, without than with the aid of Government.
James Madison

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect.
James Madison

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

The capacity of the female mind for studies of the highest order cannot be doubted, having been sufficiently illustrated by its works of genius, of erudition, and of science.
James Madison

The circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money.
James Madison

The class of citizens who provide at once their own food and their own raiment, may be viewed as the most truly independent and happy.
James Madison

The diversity in the faculties of men, from which the rights of property originate, is not less an insuperable obstacle to an uniformity of interests. The protection of these faculties is the first object of government.
James Madison

The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse.
James Madison

The executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question, whether there is or is not cause for declaring war.
James Madison

The happy Union of these States is a wonder; their Constitution a miracle; their example the hope of Liberty throughout the world.
James Madison

The internal effects of a mutable policy poisons the blessings of liberty itself.
James Madison

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.
James Madison

The number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the state.
James Madison

The people are the only legitimate fountain of power, and it is from them that the constitutional charter, under which the several branches of government hold their power, is derived.
James Madison

The personal right to acquire property, which is a natural right, gives to property, when acquired, a right to protection, as a social right.
James Madison

The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries.
James Madison

The rights of persons, and the rights of property, are the objects, for the protection of which Government was instituted.
James Madison

There is no maxim, in my opinion, which is more liable to be misapplied, and which, therefore, more needs elucidation, than the current one, that the interest of the majority is the political standard of right and wrong.
James Madison

To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea.
James Madison

To the press alone, chequered as it is with abuses, the world is indebted for all the triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression.
James Madison

Union of religious sentiments begets a surprising confidence.
James Madison

War contains so much folly, as well as wickedness, that much is to be hoped from the progress of reason.
James Madison

War should only be declared by the authority of the people, whose toils and treasures are to support its burdens, instead of the government which is to reap its fruits.
James Madison

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
James Madison

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.
James Madison

What is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature?
James Madison

What prudent merchant will hazard his fortunes in any new branch of commerce when he knows not that his plans may be rendered unlawful before they can be executed?
James Madison

What spectacle can be more edifying or more seasonable, than that of Liberty and Learning, each leaning on the other for their mutual and surest support?
James Madison

Whenever a youth is ascertained to possess talents meriting an education which his parents cannot afford, he should be carried forward at the public expense.
James Madison

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
James Madison

Wherever there is interest and power to do wrong, wrong will generally be done.
James Madison
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:12 am

Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us without words?
Marcel Marceau

I have designed my style pantomimes as white ink drawings on black backgrounds, so that man's destiny appears as a thread lost in an endless labyrinth. I have tried to shed some gleams of light on the shadow of man startled by his anguish.
Marcel Marceau

In silence and movement you can show the reflection of people.
Marcel Marceau

It's good to shut up sometimes.
Marcel Marceau

Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music.
Marcel Marceau

Music conveys moods and images. Even in opera, where plots deal with the structure of destiny, it's music, not words, that provides power.
Marcel Marceau

Never get a mime talking. He won't stop.
Marcel Marceau

To communicate through silence is a link between the thoughts of man.
Marcel Marceau

What sculptors do is represent the essence of gesture. What is important in mime is attitude.
Marcel Marceau
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:14 am

Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
John N. Mitchell

In my mind, the re-election of Richard Nixon, compared with what was available on the other side, was so much more important that I put it in just that context.
John N. Mitchell

Let us be tried by our actions.
John N. Mitchell

Not much more can happen to you after you lose your reputation and your wife.
John N. Mitchell

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us.
John N. Mitchell

The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.
John N. Mitchell

You can't pick cherries with your back to the tree.
John N. Mitchell
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:23 am

Always do whatever's next.
George Carlin

At a formal dinner party, the person nearest death should always be seated closest to the bathroom.
George Carlin

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
George Carlin

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
George Carlin

Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.
George Carlin

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
George Carlin

Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established.
George Carlin

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
George Carlin

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
George Carlin

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
George Carlin

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?
George Carlin

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
George Carlin

I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away.
George Carlin

I think it would be interesting if old people got anti-Alzheimer's disease where they slowly began to recover other people's lost memories.
George Carlin

I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work.
George Carlin

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me - they're cramming for their final exam.
George Carlin

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
George Carlin

I'm always relieved when someone is delivering a eulogy and I realize I'm listening to it.
George Carlin

I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect.
George Carlin

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
George Carlin

In comic strips, the person on the right always speaks first.
George Carlin

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
George Carlin

Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
George Carlin

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
George Carlin

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.
George Carlin

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.
George Carlin

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin

People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think.
George Carlin

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.
George Carlin

The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going.
George Carlin

The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept.
George Carlin

The status quo sucks.
George Carlin

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
George Carlin

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
George Carlin

There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.
George Carlin

Think off-center.
George Carlin

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
George Carlin

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?
George Carlin

What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?
George Carlin

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?
George Carlin

When Thomas Edison worked late into the night on the electric light, he had to do it by gas lamp or candle. I'm sure it made the work seem that much more urgent.
George Carlin

When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
George Carlin

You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar.
George Carlin

You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans.
George Carlin
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:21 am

A paranoiac like a poet, is born, not made.
Luis Bunuel

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Luis Bunuel

Fortunately, somewhere between chance and mystery lies imagination, the only thing that protects our freedom, despite the fact that people keep trying to reduce it or kill it off altogether.
Luis Bunuel

Frankly, despite my horror of the press, I'd love to rise from the grave every ten years or so and go buy a few newspapers.
Luis Bunuel

I can only wait for the final amnesia, the one that can erase an entire life.
Luis Bunuel

If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead.
Luis Bunuel

In the name of Hippocrates, doctors have invented the most exquisite form of torture ever known to man: survival.
Luis Bunuel

The decline of the aperitif may well be one of the most depressing phenomena of our time.
Luis Bunuel
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:41 am

Computers in classrooms are the filmstrips of the 1990s.
Clifford Stoll

Data is not information, Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not understanding, Understanding is not wisdom.
Clifford Stoll

If you don't have an E-mail address, you're in the Netherworld. If you don't have your own World Wide Web page, you're a nobody.
Clifford Stoll

Merely that I have a World Wide Web page does not give me any power, any abilities, nor any status in the real world.
Clifford Stoll

Rather than bringing me closer to others, the time that I spend online isolates me from the most important people in my life, my family, my friends, my neighbourhood, my community.
Clifford Stoll

The Internet is a telephone system that's gotten uppity.
Clifford Stoll

Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months.
Clifford Stoll

When I'm online, I'm alone in a room, tapping on a keyboard, staring at a cathode-ray tube.
Clifford Stoll

While I admire the insights of many of the people in the world of computing, I get this cold feeling that I speak a different language.
Clifford Stoll

Why is it drug addicts and computer afficionados are both called users?
Clifford Stoll
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 am

A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.
Abigail Van Buren

If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us we'd be millionaires.
Abigail Van Buren

If you want a place in the sun, you had better be prepared to put up with a few blisters.
Abigail Van Buren

If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.
Abigail Van Buren

It is a sad commentary of our times when our young must seek advice and counsel from "Dear Abby" instead of going to Mom and Dad.
Abigail Van Buren

It is true that I was born in Iowa, but I can't speak for my twin sister.
Abigail Van Buren

Loneliness is the ultimate poverty.
Abigail Van Buren

Never give a golfer an ultimatum unless you're prepared to lose.
Abigail Van Buren

People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.
Abigail Van Buren

The less you talk, the more you're listened to.
Abigail Van Buren

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, "There you are" and those who say, "Here I am"
Abigail Van Buren

True, a little learning is a dangerous thing, but it still beats total ignorance.
Abigail Van Buren
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 am

Being abroad makes you conscious of the whole imitative side of human behavior. The ape in man.
Mary McCarthy

Bureacracy, the rule of no one, has become the modern form of despotism.
Mary McCarthy

Europe is the unfinished negative of which America is the proof.
Mary McCarthy

Every age has a keyhole to which its eye is pasted.
Mary McCarthy

Every word she writes is a lie, including and and the.
Mary McCarthy

I am putting real plums into an imaginary cake.
Mary McCarthy

I suppose everyone continues to be interested in the quest for the self, but what you feel when you're older, I think, is that you really must make the self.
Mary McCarthy

I'm afraid I'm not sufficiently inhibited about the things that other women are inhibited about for me. They feel that you've given away trade secrets.
Mary McCarthy

If someone tells you he is going to make a "realistic decision," you immediately understand that he has resolved to do something bad.
Mary McCarthy

In politics, it seems, retreat is honorable if dictated by military considerations and shameful if even suggested for ethical reasons.
Mary McCarthy

In science, all facts, no matter how trivial or banal, enjoy democratic equality.
Mary McCarthy

In violence, we forget who we are.
Mary McCarthy

Is it really so difficult to tell a good action from a bad one? I think one usually knows right away or a moment afterward, in a horrid flash of regret.
Mary McCarthy

Labor is work that leaves no trace behind it when it is finished, or if it does, as in the case of the tilled field, this product of human activity requires still more labor, incessant, tireless labor, to maintain its identity as a ''work'' of man.
Mary McCarthy

Liberty, as it is conceived by current opinion, has nothing inherent about it; it is a sort of gift or trust bestowed on the individual by the state pending good behavior.
Mary McCarthy

Life for the European is a career; for the American it is a hazard.
Mary McCarthy

People with bad consciences always fear the judgment of children.
Mary McCarthy

The American character looks always as if it had just had a rather bad haircut, which gives it, in our eyes at any rate, a greater humanity than the European, which even among its beggars has an all too professional air.
Mary McCarthy

The immense popularity of American movies abroad demonstrates that Europe is the unfinished negative of which America is the proof.
Mary McCarthy

The labor of keeping house is labor in its most naked state, for labor is toil that never finishes, toil that has to be begun again the moment it is completed, toil that is destroyed and consumed by the life process.
Mary McCarthy

The suspense of a novel is not only in the reader, but in the novelist, who is intensely curious about what will happen to the hero.
Mary McCarthy

The theater is the only branch of art much cared for by people of wealth; like canasta, it does away with the brother of talk after dinner.
Mary McCarthy

We all live in suspense, from day to day, from hour to hour; in other words, we are the hero of our own story.
Mary McCarthy

We are the hero of our own story.
Mary McCarthy

When an American heiress wants to buy a man, she at once crosses the Atlantic. The only really materialistic people I have ever met have been Europeans.
Mary McCarthy

You musn't force sex to do the work of love or love to do the work of sex.
Mary McCarthy
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:33 pm

A novelist should not be too intelligent either, although... he may be permitted to be an intellectual.
Anthony Burgess

Americans will listen, but they do not care to read. War and Peace must wait for the leisure of retirement, which never really comes: meanwhile it helps to furnish the living room.
Anthony Burgess

Bath twice a day to be really clean, once a day to be passably clean, once a week to avoid being a public menace.
Anthony Burgess

Books in a large university library system: 2,000,000. Books in an average large city library: 10,000. Average number of books in a chain bookstore: 30,000. Books in an average neighborhood branch library: 20,000.
Anthony Burgess

Every dogma has its day.
Anthony Burgess

He said it was artificial respiration, but now I find I am to have his child.
Anthony Burgess

I didn't think; I experimented.
Anthony Burgess

If you believe in an unseen Christ, you will believe in the unseen Christlike potential of others.
Anthony Burgess

It's always good to remember where you come from and celebrate it. To remember where you come from is part of where you're going.
Anthony Burgess

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
Anthony Burgess

Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through.
Anthony Burgess

One of the delights known to age, and beyond the grasp of youth, is that of Not Going.
Anthony Burgess

Readers are plentiful: thinkers are rare.
Anthony Burgess

The country needs and, unless I mistake its temper, the country demands bold, persistent, experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it, if it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
Anthony Burgess

The downtrodden are the great creators of slang.
Anthony Burgess

The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it.
Anthony Burgess

The unconscious mind has a habit of asserting itself in the afternoon.
Anthony Burgess

To write is to become disinterested. There is a certain renunciation in art.
Anthony Burgess

Violence among young people is an aspect of their desire to create. They don't know how to use their energy creatively so they do the opposite and destroy.
Anthony Burgess

We all need money, but there are degrees of desperation.
Anthony Burgess

Women thrive on novelty and are easy meat for the commerce of fashion. Men prefer old pipes and torn jackets.
Anthony Burgess
Back to top Go down
Cali Tripp
Admin
Admin
Cali Tripp

Female Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:40 pm

L.A. Tripp wrote:

Books in a large university library system: 2,000,000. Books in an average large city library: 10,000. Average number of books in a chain bookstore: 30,000. Books in an average neighborhood branch library: 20,000.
Anthony Burgess

Tripp's personal library: 2,000!

No joke!
~Cali
Back to top Go down
http://www.latripp.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next