Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes

Go down 
+10
randy1random
DTM
Icebreaker
Fortunehooks1
RussianStar
MattJacks
~Meg~
PUA to be
Juice
L.A. Tripp
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:19 am

A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance.
Anatole France

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.
Anatole France

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Anatole France

An education which does not cultivate the will is an education that depraves the mind.
Anatole France

Existence would be intolerable if we were never to dream.
Anatole France

History books that contain no lies are extremely dull.
Anatole France

I prefer the folly of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom.
Anatole France

I thank fate for having made me born poor. Poverty taught me the true value of the gifts useful to life.
Anatole France

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
Anatole France

Ignorance and error are necessary to life, like bread and water.
Anatole France

In art as in love, instinct is enough.
Anatole France

Innocence most often is a good fortune and not a virtue.
Anatole France

Irony is the gaiety of reflection and the joy of wisdom.
Anatole France

It is better to understand little than to misunderstand a lot.
Anatole France

It is human nature to think wisely and act in an absurd fashion.
Anatole France

It is well for the heart to be naive and the mind not to be.
Anatole France

Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have left me.
Anatole France

Nine tenths of education is encouragement.
Anatole France

Of all the sexual aberrations, chastity is the strangest.
Anatole France

One thing above all gives charm to men's thoughts, and this is unrest. A mind that is not uneasy irritates and bores me.
Anatole France

Only men who are not interested in women are interested in women's clothes. Men who like women never notice what they wear.
Anatole France

The truth is that life is delicious, horrible, charming, frightful, sweet, bitter, and that is everything.
Anatole France

The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.
Anatole France

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
Anatole France

To imagine is everything, to know is nothing at all.
Anatole France

What frightens us most in a madman is his sane conversation.
Anatole France

You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; in just the same way, you learn to love by loving.
Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:26 am

Nowhere else in history has there ever been a flag that stands for the right to burn itself. This is the fractal of our flag. It stands for the right to destroy itself.
Ken Kesey

Take what you can use and let the rest go by.
Ken Kesey

You don't lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.
Ken Kesey
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 6:44 am

I have to say, that these quotes are very helpful, and I enjoy reading evey single one. Thank you for keeping me from going to far on the positive side of ignorance. Peace,lvoe and succe Ss
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:51 am

A baby is an alimentary canal with a loud voice at one end and no responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?
Ronald Reagan

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.
Ronald Reagan

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
Ronald Reagan

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
Ronald Reagan

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
Ronald Reagan

Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Don't be afraid to see what you see.
Ronald Reagan

Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we've ever known.
Ronald Reagan

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
Ronald Reagan

Facts are stubborn things.
Ronald Reagan

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Going to college offered me the chance to play football for four more years.
Ronald Reagan

Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.
Ronald Reagan

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them.
Ronald Reagan

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
Ronald Reagan

History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Ronald Reagan

How can a president not be an actor?
Ronald Reagan

I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.
Ronald Reagan

I favor the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and it must be enforced at gunpoint if necessary.
Ronald Reagan

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.
Ronald Reagan

I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.
Ronald Reagan

I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.
Ronald Reagan

I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.
Ronald Reagan

Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man.
Ronald Reagan

Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders.
Ronald Reagan

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
Ronald Reagan

It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas.
Ronald Reagan

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

Let us be sure that those who come after will say of us in our time, that in our time we did everything that could be done. We finished the race; we kept them free; we kept the faith.
Ronald Reagan

Man is not free unless government is limited.
Ronald Reagan

My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose - somehow we win out.
Ronald Reagan

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!
Ronald Reagan

Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.
Ronald Reagan

One picture is worth 1,000 denials.
Ronald Reagan

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.
Ronald Reagan

Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is just like show business. You have a hell of an opening, coast for a while, and then have a hell of a close.
Ronald Reagan

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.
Ronald Reagan

Protecting the rights of even the least individual among us is basically the only excuse the government has for even existing.
Ronald Reagan

Recession is when a neighbour loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.
Ronald Reagan

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.
Ronald Reagan

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere as long as the policy you've decided upon is being carried out.
Ronald Reagan

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.
Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Ronald Reagan

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
Ronald Reagan

The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.
Ronald Reagan

There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Ronald Reagan

There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Ronald Reagan

They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong.
Ronald Reagan

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
Ronald Reagan

To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
Ronald Reagan

Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong.
Ronald Reagan

Today, if you invent a better mousetrap, the government comes along with a better mouse.
Ronald Reagan

Trust, but verify.
Ronald Reagan

We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Ronald Reagan

We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.
Ronald Reagan

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan

While I take inspiration from the past, like most Americans, I live for the future.
Ronald Reagan

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans.
Ronald Reagan
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:02 am

batman begins (2005) i was watching..

You traveled the world... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back... Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?

Men fear most what they cannot see.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself!

Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 am

matt_me49 wrote:
batman begins (2005) i was watching..

You traveled the world... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back... Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?

Men fear most what they cannot see.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself!

Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up.

NICE.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:18 am

All oppression creates a state of war.
Simone de Beauvoir

All the idols made by man, however terrifying they may be, are in point of fact subordinate to him, and that is why he will always have it in his power to destroy them.
Simone de Beauvoir

Buying is a profound pleasure.
Simone de Beauvoir

Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay.
Simone de Beauvoir

Defending the truth is not something one does out of a sense of duty or to allay guilt complexes, but is a reward in itself.
Simone de Beauvoir

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
Simone de Beauvoir

I tore myself away from the safe comfort of certainties through my love for truth - and truth rewarded me.
Simone de Beauvoir

I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom.
Simone de Beauvoir

In the face of an obstacle which is impossible to overcome, stubbornness is stupid.
Simone de Beauvoir

It is not in giving life but in risking life that man is raised above the animal; that is why superiority has been accorded in humanity not to the sex that brings forth but to that which kills.
Simone de Beauvoir

It is old age, rather than death, that is to be contrasted with life. Old age is life's parody, whereas death transforms life into a destiny: in a way it preserves it by giving it the absolute dimension. Death does away with time.
Simone de Beauvoir

Life is occupied in both perpetuating itself and in surpassing itself; if all it does is maintain itself, then living is only not dying.
Simone de Beauvoir

One is not born a genius, one becomes a genius.
Simone de Beauvoir

One is not born a woman, but becomes one. (although medically we all start off as a woman)
Simone de Beauvoir

One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion.
Simone de Beauvoir

Representation of the world, like the world itself, is the work of men; they describe it from their own point of view, which they confuse with the absolute truth.
Simone de Beauvoir

Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.
Simone de Beauvoir

Sex pleasure in woman is a kind of magic spell; it demands complete abandon; if words or movements oppose the magic of caresses, the spell is broken.
Simone de Beauvoir

Society cares for the individual only so far as he is profitable.
Simone de Beauvoir

The word love has by no means the same sense for both sexes, and this is one cause of the serious misunderstandings that divide them.
Simone de Beauvoir

The writer of originality, unless dead, is always shocking, scandalous; novelty disturbs and repels.
Simone de Beauvoir

To catch a husband is an art; to hold him is a job.
Simone de Beauvoir

To make oneself an object, to make oneself passive, is a very different thing from being a passive object.
Simone de Beauvoir

What is an adult? A child blown up by age.
Simone de Beauvoir
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:29 am

The Matrix (1999) - i sorta have a movie theme, i watch i then take the quotes.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it

You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 9:02 am

matt_me49 wrote:
The Matrix (1999) - i sorta have a movie theme, i watch i then take the quotes.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it

You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

Nothing at all wrong with movie quotes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:40 am

"Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge."- Dante'

"Pride, envy, avarice - these are the sparks have set on fire the hearts of all men."-Dante'

"All love that has not friendship for its base,is like a mansion built upon the sand."-Ella Wilcox

"Friendship that insists upon agreement on all matters is notworth the name. Friendship to be real must ever sustain the weight of honest differences, however sharp they be."- Gandhi

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."-Goethe

"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."- George Eliot

"Women can form a friendship with a man very well; but to preserve it--to that end a slight physical antipathy must probably help." Friedrich Nietzsche

"To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind." - William Hazlitt

"Dont say you love somebody and then change your mind ... Love isnt like picking what movie you want to watch."- Natalie

"Love is the history of a womans life; it is an episode in mans."- Germaine De Stael
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:18 am

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
Bertolt Brecht

Do not fear death so much but rather the inadequate life.
Bertolt Brecht

Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.
Bertolt Brecht

Everyone needs help from everyone.
Bertolt Brecht

From the cradle to the coffin underwear comes first.
Bertolt Brecht

Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.
Bertolt Brecht

It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank clerk.
Bertolt Brecht

It's all right to hesitate if you then go ahead.
Bertolt Brecht

Mixing one's wines may be a mistake, but old and new wisdom mix admirably.
Bertolt Brecht

No one will improve your lot if you do not yourself.
Bertolt Brecht

People are too durable, that's their main trouble. They can do too much to themselves, they last too long.
Bertolt Brecht

People remain what they are even if their faces fall apart.
Bertolt Brecht

Right is its own defense.
Bertolt Brecht

Science knows only one commandment - contribute to science.
Bertolt Brecht

Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste.
Bertolt Brecht

Temptation to behave is terrible.
Bertolt Brecht

The defeats and victories of the fellows at the top aren't always defeats and victories for the fellows at the bottom.
Bertolt Brecht

The law was made for one thing alone, for the exploitation of those who don't understand it, or are prevented by naked misery from obeying it.
Bertolt Brecht

The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn when teachers themselves are taught to learn.
Bertolt Brecht

There are many elements to a campaign. Leadership is number one. Everything else is number two.
Bertolt Brecht

To live means to finesse the processes to which one is subjugated.
Bertolt Brecht

What a miserable thing life is: you're living in clover, only the clover isn't good enough.
Bertolt Brecht

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
Bertolt Brecht
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:07 am

Goals are what you want. outcomes are what you create

there is no such thing as failure in communication- you allways ucceed in communicating something. It just may not be what you intended to put across

from nlp by joseph O'conner and Ian mcdermott
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 pm

matt_me49 wrote:
Goals are what you want. outcomes are what you create

there is no such thing as failure in communication- you allways ucceed in communicating something. It just may not be what you intended to put across

from nlp by joseph O'conner and Ian mcdermott

Very nice man.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 pm

What else is there to say I dig the quotes gentlemen and ladies.

Think of the world as your favorite beverage, go overboard and enjoy it. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
DTM
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
DTM

Male Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:10 am

u know, this thread is PERFECT for right before u go out to sarge. i need to remember to look at this before i go out
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DTM_rwd
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm

DTM wrote:
u know, this thread is PERFECT for right before u go out to sarge. i need to remember to look at this before i go out

Glad it's helpful man.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm

A democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Consider any individual at any period of his life, and you will always find him preoccupied with fresh plans to increase his comfort.
Alexis de Tocqueville

As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question: how much money will it bring in?
Alexis de Tocqueville

History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies.
Alexis de Tocqueville

I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all.
Alexis de Tocqueville

I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America.
Alexis de Tocqueville

In politics shared hatreds are almost always the basis of friendships.
Alexis de Tocqueville

In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Those that despise people will never get the best out of others and themselves.
Alexis de Tocqueville

We succeed in enterprises which demand the positive qualities we possess, but we excel in those which can also make use of our defects.
Alexis de Tocqueville
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 pm

A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it.
William Feather

A man must not deny his manifest abilities, for that is to evade his obligations.
William Feather

An idea isn't worth much until a man is found who has the energy and ability to make it work.
William Feather

An invitation to a wedding invokes more trouble than a summons to a police court.
William Feather

Any man who makes a speech more than six times a year is bound to repeat himself, not because he has little to say, but because he wants applause and the old stuff gets it.
William Feather

Back of ninety-nine out of one-hundred assertions that a thing cannot be done is nothing, but the unwillingness to do it.
William Feather

Beware of the person who can't be bothered by details.
William Feather

Books open your mind, broaden your mind, and strengthen you as nothing else can.
William Feather

Business is always interfering with pleasure - but it makes other pleasures possible.
William Feather

Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.
William Feather

Few of us get anything without working for it.
William Feather

He isn't a real boss until he has trained subordinates to shoulder most of his responsibilities.
William Feather

Here is the secret of inspiration: Tell yourself that thousands and tens of thousands of people, not very intelligent and certainly no more intelligent than the rest of us, have mastered problems as difficult as those that now baffle you.
William Feather

If people really liked to work, we'd still be plowing the land with sticks and transporting goods on our backs.
William Feather

If we do not discipline ourselves the world will do it for us.
William Feather

If you're naturally kind, you attract a lot of people you don't like.
William Feather

Many of our prayers were not answered, and for this we are now grateful.
William Feather

Most of us regard good luck as our right, and bad luck as a betrayal of that right.
William Feather

Next to a sincere compliment, I think I like a well-deserved and honest rebuke.
William Feather

No man is a failure who enjoys life.
William Feather

Not a tenth of us who are in business are doing as well as we could if we merely followed the principles that were known to our grandfathers.
William Feather

One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.
William Feather

One of the indictments of civilizations is that happiness and intelligence are so rarely found in the same person.
William Feather

One of the many things nobody ever tells you about middle age is that it's such a nice change from being young.
William Feather

One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.
William Feather

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it.
William Feather

Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age.
William Feather

Some of us might find happiness if we quit struggling so desperately for it.
William Feather

Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren't enjoying today's sunshine.
William Feather

Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.
William Feather

Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
William Feather

Temporary success can be achieved in spite of lack of other fundamental qualities, but no advancements can be maintained without hard work.
William Feather

That they may have a little peace, even the best dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally.
William Feather

The best sermon is preached by the minister who has a sermon to preach and not by the man who has to preach a sermon.
William Feather

The philosophy behind much advertising is based on the old observation that every man is really two men - the man he is and the man he wants to be.
William Feather

The prizes go to those who meet emergencies successfully. And the way to meet emergencies is to do each daily task the best we can.
William Feather

The reward of energy, enterprise and thrift is taxes.
William Feather

The tragedy is that so many have ambition and so few have ability.
William Feather

We always admire the other person more after we've tried to do his job.
William Feather

Wealth flows from energy and ideas.
William Feather

When lying, be emphatic and indignant, thus behaving like your children.
William Feather

When ordering lunch, the big executives are just as indecisive as the rest of us.
William Feather

Women lie about their age; men lie about their income.
William Feather
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 3:52 am

A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

A fresh mind keeps the body fresh. Take in the ideas of the day, drain off those of yesterday. As to the morrow, time enough to consider it when it becomes today.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

A good heart is better than all the heads in the world.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

A reform is a correction of abuses; a revolution is a transfer of power.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

All that's bright must fade, The brightest still the fleetest; All that's sweet was made But to be lost when sweetest.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Anger ventilated often hurries towards forgiveness; anger concealed often hardens into revenge.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Art and science have their meeting point in method.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Beneath the rule of men entirely great,The pen is mightier than the sword.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Chance happens to all, but to turn chance to account is the gift of few.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Dream manfully and nobly, and thy dreams shall be prophets.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Enthusiasm is the genius of sincerity and truth accomplishes no victories without it.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Every man who observes vigilantly and resolves steadfastly grows unconsciously into genius.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Genius does what it must, and talent does what it can.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Happiness and virtue rest upon each other; the best are not only the happiest, but the happiest are usually the best.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

If thou be industrious to procure wealth, be generous in the disposal of it. Man never is so happy as when he giveth happiness unto another.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

In life, as in art, the beautiful moves in curves.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

It is not by the gray of the hair that one knows the age of the heart.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Master books, but do not let them master you. Read to live, not live to read.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

No author ever drew a character consistent to human nature, but he was forced to ascribe to it many inconsistencies.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

O be very sure That no man will learn anything at all, Unless he first will learn humility.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

One of the sublimest things in the world is plain truth.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

One of the surest evidences of friendship that one individual can display to another is telling him gently of a fault. If any other can excel it, it is listening to such a disclosure with gratitude, and amending the error.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Power is so characteristically calm, that calmness in itself has the aspect of strength.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Refuse to be ill. Never tell people you are ill; never own it to yourself. Illness is one of those things which a man should resist on principle at the onset.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Remorse is the echo of a lost virtue.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

The easiest person to deceive is one's self.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

The prudent person may direct a state, but it is the enthusiast who regenerates or ruins it.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

There is no such thing as luck. It's a fancy name for being always at our duty, and so sure to be ready when good time comes.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

There is nothing so agonizing to the fine skin of vanity as the application of a rough truth.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

We tell our triumphs to the crowds, but our own hearts are the sole confidants of our sorrows.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

Whatever the number of a man's friends, there will be times in his life when he has one too few; but if he has only one enemy, he is lucky indeed if he has not one too many.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton

When a person is down in the world, an ounce of help is better than a pound of preaching.
Robert Bulwer-Lytton
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 am

I concur with DTM, that these quotes are very beneficial for life in general. Many people need some of these quotes to help them along in there days. I again say thank you for posting these, Tripp. This quote isn't mine, but I think they are helpful. "Find your passion." Find your ambition." peace,lvoe and succe Ss
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:25 am

A girl phoned me the other day and said... Come on over, there's nobody home. I went over. Nobody was home.
Rodney Dangerfield

Acting deals with very delicate emotions. It is not putting up a mask. Each time an actor acts he does not hide; he exposes himself.
Rodney Dangerfield

At twenty a man is full of fight and hope. He wants to reform the world. When he is seventy he still wants to reform the world, but he know he can't.
Rodney Dangerfield

I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand.
Rodney Dangerfield

I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
Rodney Dangerfield

I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it.
Rodney Dangerfield

I found there was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people.
Rodney Dangerfield

I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest.
Rodney Dangerfield

I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke up, a blind man was reading my face.
Rodney Dangerfield

I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.
Rodney Dangerfield

I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
Rodney Dangerfield

I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.
Rodney Dangerfield

I looked up my family tree and found three dogs using it.
Rodney Dangerfield

I met the surgeon general - he offered me a cigarette.
Rodney Dangerfield

I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of my finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof.
Rodney Dangerfield

I saved a girl from being attacked last night. I controlled myself.
Rodney Dangerfield

I told my dentist my teeth are going yellow. he told me to wear a brown tie.
Rodney Dangerfield

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
Rodney Dangerfield

I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.
Rodney Dangerfield

I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a sling shot.
Rodney Dangerfield

I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.
Rodney Dangerfield

I worked in a pet store and people would ask how big I would get.
Rodney Dangerfield

I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.
Rodney Dangerfield

I'm taking Viagra and drinking prune juice - I don't know if I'm coming or going.
Rodney Dangerfield

If it wasn't for pick-pockets I'd have no sex life at all.
Rodney Dangerfield

It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from my glass.
Rodney Dangerfield

Life is just a bowl of pits.
Rodney Dangerfield

Men who do things without being told draw the most wages.
Rodney Dangerfield

Most of the arguments to which I am party fall somewhat short of being impressive, knowing to the fact that neither I nor my opponent knows what we are talking about.
Rodney Dangerfield

My cousins gay, he went to London only to find out that Big Ben was a clock.
Rodney Dangerfield

My father carries around the picture of the kid who came with his wallet.
Rodney Dangerfield

My marriage is on the rocks again, yeah, my wife just broke up with her boyfriend.
Rodney Dangerfield

My mother had morning sickness after I was born.
Rodney Dangerfield

My mother never breast fed me, she told me she only liked me as a friend.
Rodney Dangerfield

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Rodney Dangerfield

My uncle's dying wish - he wanted me on his lap. He was in the electric chair.
Rodney Dangerfield

My wife and I were happy for 20 years. Then we met.
Rodney Dangerfield

My wife is always trying to get rid of me. The other day she told me to put the garbage out. I said to her I already did. She told me to go and keep an eye on it.
Rodney Dangerfield

My wife met me at the door the other night in a sexy negligee. Unfortunately, she was just coming home.
Rodney Dangerfield

My wife wants sex in the back of the car and she wants me to drive.
Rodney Dangerfield

My wife was afraid of the dark... then she saw me naked and now she's afraid of the light.
Rodney Dangerfield

My wife's jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.
Rodney Dangerfield

On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me.
Rodney Dangerfield

One year they asked me to be poster boy - for birth control.
Rodney Dangerfield

Some dog I got too. We call him Egypt. Because in every room he leaves a pyramid.
Rodney Dangerfield

This morning when I put on my underwear I could hear the fruit-of-the-loom guys laughing at me.
Rodney Dangerfield

We sleep in separate rooms, we have dinner apart, we take separate vacations - we're doing everything we can to keep our marriage together.
Rodney Dangerfield

What a dog I got, his favorite bone is in my arm.
Rodney Dangerfield

What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bee and he told me about the butcher and my wife.
Rodney Dangerfield

When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.
Rodney Dangerfield

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
Rodney Dangerfield

When I was born I was so ugly the doctor slapped my mother.
Rodney Dangerfield

With me, nothing goes right. My psychiatrist said my wife and I should have sex every night. Now, we'll never see each other!
Rodney Dangerfield

With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to 'the best woman a man ever had.' The waiter joined me.
Rodney Dangerfield

Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.'
Rodney Dangerfield
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 am

A drawing is always dragged down to the level of its caption.
James Thurber

A word to the wise is not sufficient if it doesn't make sense.
James Thurber

All men kill the thing they hate, too, unless, of course, it kills them first.
James Thurber

All men should strive to learn before they die, what they are running from, and to, and why.
James Thurber

Boys are beyond the range of anybody's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years.
James Thurber

But what is all this fear of and opposition to Oblivion? What is the matter with the soft Darkness, the Dreamless Sleep?
James Thurber

Comedy has to be done en clair. You can't blunt the edge of wit or the point of satire with obscurity. Try to imagine a famous witty saying that is not immediately clear.
James Thurber

Don't get it right, just get it written.
James Thurber

Early to rise and early to bed makes a male healthy and wealthy and dead.
James Thurber

Humor is a serious thing. I like to think of it as one of our greatest earliest natural resources, which must be preserved at all cost.
James Thurber

Humor is emotional chaos remembered in tranquility.
James Thurber

I am not a cat man, but a dog man, and all felines can tell this at a glance - a sharp, vindictive glance.
James Thurber

I think that maybe if women and children were in charge we would get somewhere.
James Thurber

I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness.
James Thurber

I'm 65 and I guess that puts me in with the geriatrics. But if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be 48. That's the trouble with us. We number everything. Take women, for example. I think they deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of 28 and 40.
James Thurber

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons.
James Thurber

It is better to have loafed and lost, than never to have loafed at all.
James Thurber

It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
James Thurber

It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption.
James Thurber

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
James Thurber

Laughter need not be cut out of anything, since it improves everything.
James Thurber

Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
James Thurber

Love is the strange bewilderment that overtakes one person on account of another person.
James Thurber

Love is what you've been through with somebody.
James Thurber

Man has gone long enough, or even too long, without being man enough to face the simple truth that the trouble with man is man.
James Thurber

Man is flying too fast for a world that is round. Soon he will catch up with himself in a great rear end collision.
James Thurber

My opposition to Interviews lies in the fact that offhand answers have little value or grace of expression, and that such oral give and take helps to perpetuate the decline of the English language.
James Thurber

Nowadays men lead lives of noisy desperation.
James Thurber

Old age is the most unexpected of all the things that can happen to a man.
James Thurber

One martini is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough.
James Thurber

Progress was all right. Only it went on too long.
James Thurber

Sixty minutes of thinking of any kind is bound to lead to confusion and unhappiness.
James Thurber

Sophistication might be described as the ability to cope gracefully with a situation involving the presence of a formidable menace to one's poise and prestige (such as the butler, or the man under the bed - but never the husband).
James Thurber

Speed is scarcely the noblest virtue of graphic composition, but it has its curious rewards. There is a sense of getting somewhere fast, which satisfies a native American urge.
James Thurber

The animals that depend on instinct have an inherent knowledge of the laws of economics and of how to apply them; Man, with his powers of reason, has reduced economics to the level of a farce which is at once funnier and more tragic than Tobacco Road.
James Thurber

The appreciative smile, the chuckle, the soundless mirth, so important to the success of comedy, cannot be understood unless one sits among the audience and feels the warmth created by the quality of laughter that the audience takes home with it.
James Thurber

The difference between our decadence and the Russians' is that while theirs is brutal, ours is apathetic.
James Thurber

The dog has got more fun out of Man than Man has got out of the dog, for the clearly demonstrable reason that Man is the more laughable of the two animals.
James Thurber

The dog has seldom been successful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his.
James Thurber

The laughter of man is more terrible than his tears, and takes more forms hollow, heartless, mirthless, maniacal.
James Thurber

The most dangerous food is wedding cake.
James Thurber

The nation that complacently and fearfully allows its artists and writers to become suspected rather than respected is no longer regarded as a nation possessed with humor or depth.
James Thurber

The only rules comedy can tolerate are those of taste, and the only limitations those of libel.
James Thurber

The past is an old armchair in the attic, the present an ominous ticking sound, and the future is anybody's guess.
James Thurber

The sanity of the average banquet speaker lasts about two and a half months; at the end of that time he begins to mutter to himself, and calls out in his sleep.
James Thurber

The wit makes fun of other persons; the satirist makes fun of the world; the humorist makes fun of himself, but in so doing, he identifies himself with people - that is, people everywhere, not for the purpose of taking them apart, but simply revealing their true nature.
James Thurber

There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

There is no exception to the rule that every rule has an exception.
James Thurber

There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else.
James Thurber

There is something about a poet which leads us to believe that he died, in many cases, as long as 20 years before his birth.
James Thurber

Unless artists can remember what it was to be a little boy, they are only half complete as artist and as man.
James Thurber

We all have faults, and mine is being wicked.
James Thurber

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber

Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?
James Thurber

With sixty staring me in the face, I have developed inflammation of the sentence structure and definite hardening of the paragraphs.
James Thurber

Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand more.
James Thurber

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber

You might as well fall flat on your face as lean over too far backward.
James Thurber
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 am

A bachelor's life is no life for a single man.
Samuel Goldwyn

A Hospital is no place to be sick.
Samuel Goldwyn

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
Samuel Goldwyn

A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad.
Samuel Goldwyn

Any man who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
Samuel Goldwyn

Color television! Bah, I won't believe it until I see it in black and white.
Samuel Goldwyn

Don't pay any attention to the critics - don't even ignore them.
Samuel Goldwyn

Don't worry about the war. It's all over but the shooting.
Samuel Goldwyn

Every director bites the hand that lays the golden egg.
Samuel Goldwyn

For your information, I would like to ask a question.
Samuel Goldwyn

From success you get a lot of things, but not that great inside thing that love brings you.
Samuel Goldwyn

Give me a couple of years, and I'll make that actress an overnight success.
Samuel Goldwyn

Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
Samuel Goldwyn

Go see it and see for yourself why you shouldn't go see it.
Samuel Goldwyn

God makes stars. I just produce them.
Samuel Goldwyn

Here I am paying big money to you writers and what for? All you do is change the words.
Samuel Goldwyn

I can give you a definite perhaps.
Samuel Goldwyn

I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead.
Samuel Goldwyn

I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their job.
Samuel Goldwyn

I had a monumental idea this morning, but I didn't like it.
Samuel Goldwyn

I hate a man who always says "yes" to me. When I say "no" I like a man who also says "no."
Samuel Goldwyn

I never liked you, and I always will.
Samuel Goldwyn

I never put on a pair of shoes until I've worn them at least five years.
Samuel Goldwyn

I read part of it all the way through.
Samuel Goldwyn

I seriously object to seeing on the screen what belongs in the bedroom.
Samuel Goldwyn

I think luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it... The man who can smile at his breaks and grab his chances gets on.
Samuel Goldwyn

I was always an independent, even when I had partners.
Samuel Goldwyn

I'll take fifty percent efficiency to get one hundred percent loyalty.
Samuel Goldwyn

I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
Samuel Goldwyn

If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive.
Samuel Goldwyn

If I look confused it is because I am thinking.
Samuel Goldwyn

If people don't want to go to the picture, nobody can stop them.
Samuel Goldwyn

If Roosevelt were alive today, he'd turn over in his grave.
Samuel Goldwyn

Include me out.
Samuel Goldwyn

It's absolutely impossible, but it has possibilities.
Samuel Goldwyn

It's more than magnificent - it's mediocre.
Samuel Goldwyn

Let's have some new cliches.
Samuel Goldwyn

Modern dancing is old fashioned.
Samuel Goldwyn

No agency is better than its account executives.
Samuel Goldwyn

No person who is enthusiastic about his work has anything to fear from life.
Samuel Goldwyn

Our comedies are not to be laughed at.
Samuel Goldwyn

Pictures are for entertainment, messages should be delivered by Western Union.
Samuel Goldwyn

Please write music like Wagner, only louder.
Samuel Goldwyn

Spare no expense to make everything as economical as possible.
Samuel Goldwyn

Spare no expense to save money on this one.
Samuel Goldwyn

Television has raised writing to a new low.
Samuel Goldwyn

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
Samuel Goldwyn

The reason so many people turned up at his funeral is that they wanted to make sure he was dead.
Samuel Goldwyn

The scene is dull. Tell him to put more life into his dying.
Samuel Goldwyn

This music won't do. There's not enough sarcasm in it.
Samuel Goldwyn

Too caustic? To hell with the cost. If it's a good picture, we'll make it.
Samuel Goldwyn

We want a story that starts out with an earthquake and works its way up to a climax.
Samuel Goldwyn

We're overpaying him, but he's worth it.
Samuel Goldwyn

When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy.
Samuel Goldwyn

Why should people go out and pay money to see bad films when they can stay at home and see bad television for nothing?
Samuel Goldwyn

You've got to take the bitter with the sour.
Samuel Goldwyn
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:41 am

As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree,' probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on.
Woody Allen

Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats.
Woody Allen

Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.
Woody Allen

Comedy just pokes at problems, rarely confronts them squarely. Drama is like a plate of meat and potatoes, comedy is rather the dessert, a bit like meringue.
Woody Allen

Dying is one of the few things that can be done as easily lying down.
Woody Allen

Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Woody Allen

Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.
Woody Allen

Harvard makes mistakes too, you know. Kissinger taught there.
Woody Allen

His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy.
Woody Allen

I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Woody Allen

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
Woody Allen

I am two with nature.
Woody Allen

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government.
Woody Allen

I don't believe in the after life, although I am bringing a change of underwear.
Woody Allen

I don't have to 'freedom-kiss' my wife when what I really want to do is French-kiss her.
Woody Allen

I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib.
Woody Allen

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
Woody Allen

I failed to make the chess team because of my height.
Woody Allen

I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.
Woody Allen

I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys.
Woody Allen

I ran into Isosceles. He had a great idea for a new triangle!
Woody Allen

I tended to place my wife under a pedestal.
Woody Allen

I think being funny is not anyone's first choice.
Woody Allen

I took a speed-reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.
Woody Allen

I want to tell you a terrific story about oral contraception. I asked this girl to sleep with me and she said 'No.'
Woody Allen

I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.
Woody Allen

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick. Not wounded. Dead.
Woody Allen

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
Woody Allen

I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.
Woody Allen

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Woody Allen

I'm very proud of my gold pocket watch. My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.
Woody Allen

I've never been an intellectual but I have this look.
Woody Allen

If my films don't show a profit, I know I'm doing something right.
Woody Allen

If my films make one more person miserable, I'll feel I have done my job.
Woody Allen

If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.
Woody Allen

If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.
Woody Allen

If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative.
Woody Allen

In California, they don't throw their garbage away - they make it into TV shows.
Woody Allen

In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker.
Woody Allen

It is impossible to experience one's death objectively and still carry a tune.
Woody Allen

It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones slept better while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more.
Woody Allen

Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

Man consists of two parts, his mind and his body, only the body has more fun.
Woody Allen

Marriage is the death of hope.
Woody Allen

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
Woody Allen

Most of the time I don't have much fun. The rest of the time I don't have any fun at all.
Woody Allen

My luck is getting worse and worse. Last night, for instance, I was mugged by a quaker.
Woody Allen

My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.
Woody Allen

Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.
Woody Allen

Right now it's only a notion, but I think I can get the money to make it into a concept, and later turn it into an idea.
Woody Allen

Seventy percent of success in life is showing up.
Woody Allen

Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.
Woody Allen

Some guy hit my fender, and I told him, 'Be fruitful and multiply,' but not in those words.
Woody Allen

Students achieving Oneness will move on to Twoness.
Woody Allen

The food here is terrible, and the portions are too small.
Woody Allen

The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won't get much sleep.
Woody Allen

The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have.
Woody Allen

There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?
Woody Allen

Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Woody Allen

Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.
Woody Allen

Tradition is the illusion of permanance.
Woody Allen

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
Woody Allen

What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream?
Woody Allen

When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room.
Woody Allen

When we played softball, I'd steal second base, feel guilty and go back.
Woody Allen

Who bothers to cook TV dinners? I suck them frozen.
Woody Allen
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 am

A boy's story is the best that is ever told.
Charles Dickens

A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self.
Charles Dickens

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Charles Dickens

A person who can't pay gets another person who can't pay to guarantee that he can pay. Like a person with two wooden legs getting another person with two wooden legs to guarantee that he has got two natural legs. It don't make either of them able to do a walking-match.
Charles Dickens

A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
Charles Dickens

Although a skillful flatterer is a most delightful companion if you have him all to yourself, his taste becomes very doubtful when he takes to complimenting other people.
Charles Dickens

An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.
Charles Dickens

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness.
Charles Dickens

Any man may be in good spirits and good temper when he's well dressed. There ain't much credit in that.
Charles Dickens

Anything for the quick life, as the man said when he took the situation at the lighthouse.
Charles Dickens

Bring in the bottled lightning, a clean tumbler, and a corkscrew.
Charles Dickens

Charity begins at home, and justice begins next door.
Charles Dickens

Cows are my passion. What I have ever sighed for has been to retreat to a Swiss farm, and live entirely surrounded by cows - and china.
Charles Dickens

Do you spell it with a "V" or a "W"?' inquired the judge. 'That depends upon the taste and fancy of the speller, my Lord'.
Charles Dickens

Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true.
Charles Dickens

Fan the sinking flame of hilarity with the wing of friendship; and pass the rosy wine.
Charles Dickens

Great men are seldom over-scrupulous in the arrangement of their attire.
Charles Dickens

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childhood days, recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth, and transport the traveler back to his own fireside and quiet home!
Charles Dickens

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
Charles Dickens

He had but one eye and the pocket of prejudice runs in favor of two.
Charles Dickens

He would make a lovely corpse.
Charles Dickens

Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.
Charles Dickens

I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it.
Charles Dickens

I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.
Charles Dickens

I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free.
Charles Dickens

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
Charles Dickens

If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.
Charles Dickens

In the little world in which children have their existence, whosoever brings them up, there is nothing so finely perceived and so finely felt, as injustice.
Charles Dickens

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.
Charles Dickens

It is a melancholy truth that even great men have their poor relations.
Charles Dickens

It is a pleasant thing to reflect upon, and furnishes a complete answer to those who contend for the gradual degeneration of the human species, that every baby born into the world is a finer one than the last.
Charles Dickens

It opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper; so cry away.
Charles Dickens

It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
Charles Dickens

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
Charles Dickens

It's my old girl that advises. She has the head. But I never own to it before her. Discipline must be maintained.
Charles Dickens

Let us be moral. Let us contemplate existence.
Charles Dickens

Life is made of ever so many partings welded together.
Charles Dickens

May not the complaint, that common people are above their station, often take its rise in the fact of uncommon people being below theirs?
Charles Dickens

Most men are individuals no longer so far as their business, its activities, or its moralities are concerned. They are not units but fractions.
Charles Dickens

Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own; and from morning to night, as from the cradle to the grave, it is but a succession of changes so gentle and easy that we can scarcely mark their progress.
Charles Dickens

No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of it for anyone else.
Charles Dickens

Oh the nerves, the nerves; the mysteries of this machine called man! Oh the little that unhinges it, poor creatures that we are!
Charles Dickens

Papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism, are all very good words for the lips.
Charles Dickens

Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Charles Dickens

Regrets are the natural property of grey hairs.
Charles Dickens

Renunciation remains sorrow, though a sorrow borne willingly.
Charles Dickens

Send forth the child and childish man together, and blush for the pride that libels our own old happy state, and gives its title to an ugly and distorted image.
Charles Dickens

Subdue your appetites, my dears, and you've conquered human nature.
Charles Dickens

That sort of half sigh, which, accompanied by two or three slight nods of the head, is pity's small change in general society.
Charles Dickens

The age of chivalry is past. Bores have succeeded to dragons.
Charles Dickens

The civility which money will purchase, is rarely extended to those who have none.
Charles Dickens

The first rule of business is: Do other men for they would do you.
Charles Dickens

The men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother.
Charles Dickens

The one great principle of English law is to make business for itself.
Charles Dickens

The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
Charles Dickens

The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.
Charles Dickens

There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts.
Charles Dickens

There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
Charles Dickens

There are not a few among the disciples of charity who require, in their vocation, scarcely less excitement than the votaries of pleasure in theirs.
Charles Dickens

There are only two styles of portrait painting; the serious and the smirk.
Charles Dickens

There are strings in the human heart that had better not be vibrated.
Charles Dickens

There is a wisdom of the head, and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

There is nothing so strong or safe in an emergency of life as the simple truth.
Charles Dickens

This is a world of action, and not for moping and droning in.
Charles Dickens

'Tis love that makes the world go round, my baby.
Charles Dickens

To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.
Charles Dickens

Vices are sometimes only virtues carried to excess!
Charles Dickens

We are so very 'umble.
Charles Dickens

We forge the chains we wear in life.
Charles Dickens

Whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do it well; whatever I have devoted myself to, I have devoted myself completely; in great aims and in small I have always thoroughly been in earnest.
Charles Dickens

When a man bleeds inwardly, it is a dangerous thing for himself; but when he laughs inwardly, it bodes no good to other people.
Charles Dickens

You don't carry in your countenance a letter of recommendation.
Charles Dickens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next