Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes

Go down 
+10
randy1random
DTM
Icebreaker
Fortunehooks1
RussianStar
MattJacks
~Meg~
PUA to be
Juice
L.A. Tripp
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:37 am

A child miseducated is a child lost.
John F. Kennedy

A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality.
John F. Kennedy

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
John F. Kennedy

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten.
John F. Kennedy

A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living. Today's military rejects include tomorrow's hard-core unemployed.
John F. Kennedy

All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin. And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words "Ich bin ein Berliner!"
John F. Kennedy

America has tossed its cap over the wall of space.
John F. Kennedy

And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy

Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both.
John F. Kennedy

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
John F. Kennedy

Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
John F. Kennedy

Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person between Nixon and the White House.
John F. Kennedy

Do you realize the responsibility I carry? I'm the only person standing between Richard Nixon and the White House.
John F. Kennedy

Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us.
John F. Kennedy

Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.
John F. Kennedy

For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy

Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder.
John F. Kennedy

History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside.
John F. Kennedy

I am not the Catholic candidate for President. I am the Democratic Party's candidate for President, who happens also to be a Catholic.
John F. Kennedy

I am sorry to say that there is too much point to the wisecrack that life is extinct on other planets because their scientists were more advanced than ours.
John F. Kennedy

I am the man who accompanied Jacqueline Kennedy to Paris, and I have enjoyed it.
John F. Kennedy

I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times.
John F. Kennedy

I hope that no American will waste his franchise and throw away his vote by voting either for me or against me solely on account of my religious affiliation. It is not relevant.
John F. Kennedy

I just received the following wire from my generous Daddy; Dear Jack, Don't buy a single vote more than is necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide.
John F. Kennedy

I look forward to a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
John F. Kennedy

I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
John F. Kennedy

I think 'Hail to the Chief' has a nice ring to it.
John F. Kennedy

I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.
John F. Kennedy

I'm always rather nervous about how you talk about women who are active in politics, whether they want to be talked about as women or as politicians.
John F. Kennedy

I'm an idealist without illusions.
John F. Kennedy

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
John F. Kennedy

If anyone is crazy enough to want to kill a president of the United States, he can do it. All he must be prepared to do is give his life for the president's.
John F. Kennedy

If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him.
John F. Kennedy

If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity.
John F. Kennedy

In a very real sense, it will not be one man going to the moon it will be an entire nation. For all of us must work to put him there.
John F. Kennedy

In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility - I welcome it.
John F. Kennedy

Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom.
John F. Kennedy

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.
John F. Kennedy

It might be said now that I have the best of both worlds. A Harvard education and a Yale degree.
John F. Kennedy

Khrushchev reminds me of the tiger hunter who has picked a place on the wall to hang the tiger's skin long before he has caught the tiger. This tiger has other ideas.
John F. Kennedy

Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.
John F. Kennedy

Let both sides seek to invoke the wonders of science instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the stars, conquer the deserts, eradicate disease, tap the ocean depths, and encourage the arts and commerce.
John F. Kennedy

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans - born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace.
John F. Kennedy

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.
John F. Kennedy

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
John F. Kennedy

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy

Modern cynics and skeptics... see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing.
John F. Kennedy

Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the process.
John F. Kennedy

My brother Bob doesn't want to be in government - he promised Dad he'd go straight.
John F. Kennedy

My father always told me that all businessmen were sons of bitches, but I never believed it till now.
John F. Kennedy

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy

No one has been barred on account of his race from fighting or dying for America, there are no white or colored signs on the foxholes or graveyards of battle.
John F. Kennedy

Now we have a problem in making our power credible, and Vietnam is the place.
John F. Kennedy

Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life.
John F. Kennedy

Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security.
John F. Kennedy

Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal.
John F. Kennedy

Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. And man can be a s big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.
John F. Kennedy

Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource.
John F. Kennedy

Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.
John F. Kennedy

Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
John F. Kennedy

Politics is like football; if you see daylight, go through the hole.
John F. Kennedy

Sure it's a big job; but I don't know anyone who can do it better than I can.
John F. Kennedy

The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.
John F. Kennedy

The best road to progress is freedom's road.
John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
John F. Kennedy

The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.
John F. Kennedy

The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.
John F. Kennedy

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.
John F. Kennedy

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.
John F. Kennedy

The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds.
John F. Kennedy

The human mind is our fundamental resource.
John F. Kennedy

The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.
John F. Kennedy

The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
John F. Kennedy

The pay is good and I can walk to work.
John F. Kennedy

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were.
John F. Kennedy

The tax on capital gains directly affects investment decisions, the mobility and flow of risk capital... the ease or difficulty experienced by new ventures in obtaining capital, and thereby the strength and potential for growth in the economy.
John F. Kennedy

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
John F. Kennedy

The United States has to move very fast to even stand still.
John F. Kennedy

The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
John F. Kennedy

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty, and all forms of human life.
John F. Kennedy

There are many people in the world who really don't understand-or say they don't-what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. Let them come to Berlin!
John F. Kennedy

There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction.
John F. Kennedy

There is always inequality in life. Some men are killed in a war and some men are wounded and some men never leave the country. Life is unfair.
John F. Kennedy

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
John F. Kennedy

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
John F. Kennedy

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

To state the facts frankly is not to despair the future nor indict the past. The prudent heir takes careful inventory of his legacies and gives a faithful accounting to those whom he owes an obligation of trust.
John F. Kennedy

Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.
John F. Kennedy

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.
John F. Kennedy

Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes... can no longer be of concern to great powers alone.
John F. Kennedy

Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.
John F. Kennedy

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
John F. Kennedy

Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm.
John F. Kennedy

We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.
John F. Kennedy

We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.
John F. Kennedy

We believe that if men have the talent to invent new machines that put men out of work, they have the talent to put those men back to work.
John F. Kennedy

We cannot expect that all nations will adopt like systems, for conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
John F. Kennedy

We have the power to make this the best generation of mankind in the history of the world or to make it the last.
John F. Kennedy

We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.
John F. Kennedy

We prefer world law in the age of self-determination to world war in the age of mass extermination.
John F. Kennedy

We stand today on the edge of a new frontier - the frontier of the 1960's - a frontier of unknown opportunities and perils - a frontier of unfulfilled hopes and threats.
John F. Kennedy

We would like to live as we once lived, but history will not permit it.
John F. Kennedy

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the area of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John F. Kennedy

When we got into office, the thing that surprised me most was to find that things were just as bad as we'd been saying they were.
John F. Kennedy

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:48 am

A hallucination is a fact, not an error; what is erroneous is a judgment based upon it.
Bertrand Russell

A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live.
Bertrand Russell

A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short.
Bertrand Russell

A process which led from the amoeba to man appeared to the philosophers to be obviously a progress though whether the amoeba would agree with this opinion is not known.
Bertrand Russell

A sense of duty is useful in work but offensive in personal relations. People wish to be liked, not to be endured with patient resignation.
Bertrand Russell

A truer image of the world, I think, is obtained by picturing things as entering into the stream of time from an eternal world outside, than from a view which regards time as the devouring tyrant of all that is.
Bertrand Russell

Admiration of the proletariat, like that of dams, power stations, and aeroplanes, is part of the ideology of the machine age.
Bertrand Russell

Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate.
Bertrand Russell

Against my will, in the course of my travels, the belief that everything worth knowing was known at Cambridge gradually wore off. In this respect my travels were very useful to me.
Bertrand Russell

All movements go too far.
Bertrand Russell

Almost everything that distinguishes the modern world from earlier centuries is attributable to science, which achieved its most spectacular triumphs in the seventeenth century.
Bertrand Russell

Anything you're good at contributes to happiness.
Bertrand Russell

Aristotle could have avoided the mistake of thinking that women have fewer teeth than men, by the simple device of asking Mrs. Aristotle to keep her mouth open while he counted.
Bertrand Russell

Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men; although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives' mouths.
Bertrand Russell

Awareness of universals is called conceiving, and a universal of which we are aware is called a concept.
Bertrand Russell

Boredom is a vital problem for the moralist, since at least half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it.
Bertrand Russell

Boredom is... a vital problem for the moralist, since half the sins of mankind are caused by the fear of it.
Bertrand Russell

Both in thought and in feeling, even though time be real, to realise the unimportance of time is the gate of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell

Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.
Bertrand Russell

Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people's happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race.
Bertrand Russell

Conventional people are roused to fury by departure from convention, largely because they regard such departure as a criticism of themselves.
Bertrand Russell

Democracy is the process by which people choose the man who'll get the blame.
Bertrand Russell

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
Bertrand Russell

Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
Bertrand Russell

Drunkenness is temporary suicide.
Bertrand Russell

Ethics is in origin the art of recommending to others the sacrifices required for cooperation with oneself.
Bertrand Russell

Every philosophical problem, when it is subjected to the necessary analysis and justification, is found either to be not really philosophical at all, or else to be, in the sense in which we are using the word, logical.
Bertrand Russell

Extreme hopes are born from extreme misery.
Bertrand Russell

Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell

Freedom comes only to those who no longer ask of life that it shall yield them any of those personal goods that are subject to the mutations of time.
Bertrand Russell

Freedom in general may be defined as the absence of obstacles to the realization of desires.
Bertrand Russell

Freedom of opinion can only exist when the government thinks itself secure.
Bertrand Russell

I believe in using words, not fists. I believe in my outrage knowing people are living in boxes on the street. I believe in honesty. I believe in a good time. I believe in good food. I believe in sex.
Bertrand Russell

I do not pretend to start with precise questions. I do not think you can start with anything precise. You have to achieve such precision as you can, as you go along.
Bertrand Russell

I like mathematics because it is not human and has nothing particular to do with this planet or with the whole accidental universe - because, like Spinoza's God, it won't love us in return.
Bertrand Russell

I remain convinced that obstinate addiction to ordinary language in our private thoughts is one of the main obstacles to progress in philosophy.
Bertrand Russell

I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its Churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.
Bertrand Russell

I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine.
Bertrand Russell

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell

I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite.
Bertrand Russell

If all our happiness is bound up entirely in our personal circumstances it is difficult not to demand of life more than it has to give.
Bertrand Russell

If any philosopher had been asked for a definition of infinity, he might have produced some unintelligible rigmarole, but he would certainly not have been able to give a definition that had any meaning at all.
Bertrand Russell

If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have a paradise in a few years.
Bertrand Russell

In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.
Bertrand Russell

In America everybody is of the opinion that he has no social superiors, since all men are equal, but he does not admit that he has no social inferiors, for, from the time of Jefferson onward, the doctrine that all men are equal applies only upwards, not downwards.
Bertrand Russell

In America everybody is of the opinion that he has no social superiors, since all men are equal, but he does not admit that he has no social inferiors.
Bertrand Russell

In the revolt against idealism, the ambiguities of the word experience have been perceived, with the result that realists have more and more avoided the word.
Bertrand Russell

Indignation is a submission of our thoughts, but not of our desires.
Bertrand Russell

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
Bertrand Russell

It is possible that mankind is on the threshold of a golden age; but, if so, it will be necessary first to slay the dragon that guards the door, and this dragon is religion.
Bertrand Russell

It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly.
Bertrand Russell

It seems to be the fate of idealists to obtain what they have struggled for in a form which destroys their ideals.
Bertrand Russell

Italy, and the spring and first love all together should suffice to make the gloomiest person happy.
Bertrand Russell

Liberty is the right to do what I like; license, the right to do what you like.
Bertrand Russell

Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.
Bertrand Russell

Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.
Bertrand Russell

Machines are worshipped because they are beautiful and valued because they confer power; they are hated because they are hideous and loathed because they impose slavery.
Bertrand Russell

Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
Bertrand Russell

Man needs, for his happiness, not only the enjoyment of this or that, but hope and enterprise and change.
Bertrand Russell

Many a man will have the courage to die gallantly, but will not have the courage to say, or even to think, that the cause for which he is asked to die is an unworthy one.
Bertrand Russell

Many people when they fall in love look for a little haven of refuge from the world, where they can be sure of being admired when they are not admirable, and praised when they are not praiseworthy.
Bertrand Russell

Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
Bertrand Russell

Marriage is for women the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution.
Bertrand Russell

Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true.
Bertrand Russell

Mathematics takes us into the region of absolute necessity, to which not only the actual word, but every possible word, must conform.
Bertrand Russell

Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.
Bertrand Russell

Men who are unhappy, like men who sleep badly, are always proud of the fact.
Bertrand Russell

Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
Bertrand Russell

Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.
Bertrand Russell

Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.
Bertrand Russell
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:48 am

Next to enjoying ourselves, the next greatest pleasure consists in preventing others from enjoying themselves, or, more generally, in the acquisition of power.
Bertrand Russell

No one gossips about other people's secret virtues.
Bertrand Russell

No; we have been as usual asking the wrong question. It does not matter a hoot what the mockingbird on the chimney is singing. The real and proper question is: Why is it beautiful?
Bertrand Russell

None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear.
Bertrand Russell

Obscenity is whatever happens to shock some elderly and ignorant magistrate.
Bertrand Russell

Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.
Bertrand Russell

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.
Bertrand Russell

One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny.
Bertrand Russell

Order, unity, and continuity are human inventions, just as truly as catalogues and encyclopedias.
Bertrand Russell

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
Bertrand Russell

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.
Bertrand Russell

Reason is a harmonising, controlling force rather than a creative one.
Bertrand Russell

Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines.
Bertrand Russell

Religions that teach brotherly love have been used as an excuse for persecution, and our profoundest scientific insight is made into a means of mass destruction.
Bertrand Russell

Religions, which condemn the pleasures of sense, drive men to seek the pleasures of power. Throughout history power has been the vice of the ascetic.
Bertrand Russell

Right discipline consists, not in external compulsion, but in the habits of mind which lead spontaneously to desirable rather than undesirable activities.
Bertrand Russell

Science is what you know, philosophy is what you don't know.
Bertrand Russell

Sin is geographical.
Bertrand Russell

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.
Bertrand Russell

The coward wretch whose hand and heart Can bear to torture aught below, Is ever first to quail and start From the slightest pain or equal foe.
Bertrand Russell

The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts.
Bertrand Russell

The demand for certainty is one which is natural to man, but is nevertheless an intellectual vice.
Bertrand Russell

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.
Bertrand Russell

The fundamental concept in social science is Power, in the same sense in which Energy is the fundamental concept in physics.
Bertrand Russell

The fundamental defect of fathers, in our competitive society, is that they want their children to be a credit to them.
Bertrand Russell

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Bertrand Russell

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists. That is why they invented Hell.
Bertrand Russell

The megalomaniac differs from the narcissist by the fact that he wishes to be powerful rather than charming, and seeks to be feared rather than loved. To this type belong many lunatics and most of the great men of history.
Bertrand Russell

The most savage controversies are about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way.
Bertrand Russell

The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. Persecution is used in theology, not in arithmetic.
Bertrand Russell

The observer, when he seems to himself to be observing a stone, is really, if physics is to be believed, observing the effects of the stone upon himself.
Bertrand Russell

The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation.
Bertrand Russell

The place of the father in the modern suburban family is a very small one, particularly if he plays golf.
Bertrand Russell

The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it.
Bertrand Russell

The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.
Bertrand Russell

The secret to happiness is to face the fact that the world is horrible.
Bertrand Russell

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself, and because all his thoughts are of things which they devour.
Bertrand Russell

The theoretical understanding of the world, which is the aim of philosophy, is not a matter of great practical importance to animals, or to savages, or even to most civilised men.
Bertrand Russell

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell

The true spirit of delight, the exaltation, the sense of being more than Man, which is the touchstone of the highest excellence, is to be found in mathematics as surely as poetry.
Bertrand Russell

The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, if so, this purpose has any similarity to ours.
Bertrand Russell

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
Bertrand Russell

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.
Bertrand Russell

There is no need to worry about mere size. We do not necessarily respect a fat man more than a thin man. Sir Isaac Newton was very much smaller than a hippopotamus, but we do not on that account value him less.
Bertrand Russell

There is something feeble and a little contemptible about a man who cannot face the perils of life without the help of comfortable myths.
Bertrand Russell

Those who forget good and evil and seek only to know the facts are more likely to achieve good than those who view the world through the distorting medium of their own desires.
Bertrand Russell

Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, Thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought is great and swift and free.
Bertrand Russell

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.
Bertrand Russell

To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy.
Bertrand Russell

To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
Bertrand Russell

To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Bertrand Russell

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
Bertrand Russell

To teach how to live without certainty and yet without being paralysed by hesitation is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can do for those who study it.
Bertrand Russell

To understand a name you must be acquainted with the particular of which it is a name.
Bertrand Russell

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Bertrand Russell

We are faced with the paradoxical fact that education has become one of the chief obstacles to intelligence and freedom of thought.
Bertrand Russell

What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.
Bertrand Russell

What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out, which is its exact opposite.
Bertrand Russell

When the intensity of emotional conviction subsides, a man who is in the habit of reasoning will search for logical grounds in favour of the belief which he finds in himself.
Bertrand Russell

Why is propaganda so much more successful when it stirs up hatred than when it tries to stir up friendly feeling?
Bertrand Russell

With the introduction of agriculture mankind entered upon a long period of meanness, misery, and madness, from which they are only now being freed by the beneficent operation of the machine.
Bertrand Russell

Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relative to other matter; second, telling other people to do so.
Bertrand Russell
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:20 am

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Mark Twain

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
Mark Twain

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.
Mark Twain

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation.
Mark Twain

A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
Mark Twain

A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
Mark Twain

A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He must have time to modify his shape.
Mark Twain

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
Mark Twain

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
Mark Twain

Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Mark Twain

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Mark Twain

All right, then, I'll go to hell.
Mark Twain

All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
Mark Twain

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
Mark Twain

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Mark Twain

Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary.
Mark Twain

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.
Mark Twain

As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake.
Mark Twain

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain

Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul.
Mark Twain

Better a broken promise than none at all.
Mark Twain

Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man. The biography of the man himself cannot be written.
Mark Twain

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
Mark Twain

Buy land, they're not making it anymore.
Mark Twain

By trying we can easily endure adversity. Another man's, I mean.
Mark Twain

Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
Mark Twain

'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.
Mark Twain

Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.
Mark Twain

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
Mark Twain

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Mark Twain

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain

Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain.
Mark Twain

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
Mark Twain

Don't let schooling interfere with your education.
Mark Twain

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
Mark Twain

Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
Mark Twain

Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.
Mark Twain

Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.
Mark Twain

Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold.
Mark Twain

Everything human is pathetic. The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.
Mark Twain

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain

Familiarity breeds contempt - and children.
Mark Twain

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
Mark Twain

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't.
Mark Twain

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
Mark Twain

George Washington, as a boy, was ignorant of the commonest accomplishments of youth. He could not even lie.
Mark Twain

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
Mark Twain

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board.
Mark Twain

Golf is a good walk spoiled.
Mark Twain

Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person.
Mark Twain

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
Mark Twain

Grief can take care if itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.
Mark Twain

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.
Mark Twain

He is now rising from affluence to poverty.
Mark Twain

Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.
Mark Twain

Humor is mankind's greatest blessing.
Mark Twain

Humor must not professedly teach and it must not professedly preach, but it must do both if it would live forever.
Mark Twain

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
Mark Twain

I can live for two months on a good compliment.
Mark Twain

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
Mark Twain

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain

I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places.
Mark Twain

I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough.
Mark Twain

I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
Mark Twain

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
Mark Twain

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.
Mark Twain

I make it a rule never to smoke while I'm sleeping.
Mark Twain

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
Mark Twain

I never let schooling interfere with my education.
Mark Twain

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know.
Mark Twain

I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to be one.
Mark Twain

I've never let my school interfere with my education.
Mark Twain

Ideally a book would have no order to it, and the reader would have to discover his own.
Mark Twain

If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat.
Mark Twain

If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way.
Mark Twain

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
Mark Twain

In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
Mark Twain

In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.
Mark Twain

It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.
Mark Twain

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native criminal class except Congress.
Mark Twain

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
Mark Twain

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them.
Mark Twain

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
Mark Twain

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
Mark Twain

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
Mark Twain

It is easier to stay out than get out.
Mark Twain

It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.
Mark Twain

It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races.
Mark Twain

It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
Mark Twain

It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it.
Mark Twain

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.
Mark Twain

It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
Mark Twain

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Mark Twain

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Mark Twain

Laws control the lesser man... Right conduct controls the greater one.
Mark Twain

Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Let us make a special effort to stop communicating with each other, so we can have some conversation.
Mark Twain

Let us not be too particular; it is better to have old secondhand diamonds than none at all.
Mark Twain

Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.
Mark Twain

Lord save us all from a hope tree that has lost the faculty of putting out blossoms.
Mark Twain

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.
Mark Twain

Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.
Mark Twain

Man - a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.
Mark Twain

Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to.
Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:20 am

Man was made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.
Mark Twain

Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied.
Mark Twain

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.
Mark Twain

Martyrdom covers a multitude of sins.
Mark Twain

My books are like water; those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.
Mark Twain

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain

Name the greatest of all inventors. Accident.
Mark Twain

Necessity is the mother of taking chances.
Mark Twain

Never put off till to-morrow what you can do day after to-morrow just as well.
Mark Twain

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
Mark Twain

No sinner is ever saved after the first twenty minutes of a sermon.
Mark Twain

Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she laid an asteroid.
Mark Twain

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
Mark Twain

Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat.
Mark Twain

One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives.
Mark Twain

Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we."
Mark Twain

Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet.
Mark Twain

Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
Mark Twain

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.
Mark Twain

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
Mark Twain

Principles have no real force except when one is well-fed.
Mark Twain

Prophesy is a good line of business, but it is full of risks.
Mark Twain

Prosperity is the best protector of principle.
Mark Twain

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
Mark Twain

Repartee is something we think of twenty-four hours too late.
Mark Twain

Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more deadly in the long run.
Mark Twain

Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.
Mark Twain

Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very"; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.
Mark Twain

Such is the human race, often it seems a pity that Noah... didn't miss the boat.
Mark Twain

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
Mark Twain

The Christian's Bible is a drug store. Its contents remain the same, but the medical practice changes.
Mark Twain

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.
Mark Twain

The educated Southerner has no use for an 'R', except at the beginning of a word.
Mark Twain

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain

The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.
Mark Twain

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
Mark Twain

The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.
Mark Twain

The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that procession but carrying a banner.
Mark Twain

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
Mark Twain

The main difference between a cat and a lie is that a cat only has nine lives.
Mark Twain

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
Mark Twain

The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little.
Mark Twain

The more things are forbidden, the more popular they become.
Mark Twain

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.
Mark Twain

The most interesting information comes from children, for they tell all they know and then stop.
Mark Twain

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
Mark Twain

The Public is merely a multiplied "me."
Mark Twain

The public is the only critic whose opinion is worth anything at all.
Mark Twain

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Mark Twain

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
Mark Twain

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain

The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in Heaven.
Mark Twain

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.
Mark Twain

The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice.
Mark Twain

The wit knows that his place is at the tail of a procession.
Mark Twain

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.
Mark Twain

There are lies, damned lies and statistics.
Mark Twain

There are people who can do all fine and heroic things but one - keep from telling their happiness to the unhappy.
Mark Twain

There are people who can do all fine and heroic things but one: keep from telling their happinesses to the unhappy.
Mark Twain

There are several good protections against temptation, but the surest is cowardice.
Mark Twain

There are times when one would like to hang the whole human race, and finish the farce.
Mark Twain

There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
Mark Twain

There is no distinctly American criminal class - except Congress.
Mark Twain

There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.
Mark Twain

Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others.
Mark Twain

Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work.
Mark Twain

Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does the work.
Mark Twain

To be good is noble; but to show others how to be good is nobler and no trouble.
Mark Twain

To refuse awards is another way of accepting them with more noise than is normal.
Mark Twain

To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
Mark Twain

Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing wrong with this, except that it ain't so.
Mark Twain

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Mark Twain

Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it.
Mark Twain

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain

Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody.
Mark Twain

We Americans... bear the ark of liberties of the world.
Mark Twain

We are all alike, on the inside.
Mark Twain

We have the best government that money can buy.
Mark Twain

What a good thing Adam had. When he said a good thing he knew nobody had said it before.
Mark Twain

What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

What is the difference between a taxidermist and a tax collector? The taxidermist takes only your skin.
Mark Twain

What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce.
Mark Twain

What, sir, would the people of the earth be without woman? They would be scarce, sir, almighty scarce.
Mark Twain

When a person cannot deceive himself the chances are against his being able to deceive other people.
Mark Twain

When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear.
Mark Twain

When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.
Mark Twain

When in doubt tell the truth.
Mark Twain

When people do not respect us we are sharply offended; yet in his private heart no man much respects himself.
Mark Twain

When red-haired people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn.
Mark Twain

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
Mark Twain

When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.
Mark Twain

When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it's a sure sign you're getting old.
Mark Twain

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved.
Mark Twain

Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
Mark Twain

Wit is the sudden marriage of ideas which before their union were not perceived to have any relation.
Mark Twain

Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself.
Mark Twain

Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a body is not obliged to do.
Mark Twain

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.
Mark Twain

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
Mark Twain

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Mark Twain
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 pm

A constitution is the arrangement of magistracies in a state.
Aristotle

A friend to all is a friend to none.
Aristotle

A great city is not to be confounded with a populous one.
Aristotle

A sense is what has the power of receiving into itself the sensible forms of things without the matter, in the way in which a piece of wax takes on the impress of a signet-ring without the iron or gold.
Aristotle

A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end.
Aristotle

A true friend is one soul in two bodies.
Aristotle

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.
Aristotle

All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire.
Aristotle

All men by nature desire knowledge.
Aristotle

All men by nature desire to know.
Aristotle

All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.
Aristotle

All virtue is summed up in dealing justly.
Aristotle

Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
Aristotle

Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.
Aristotle

At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst.
Aristotle

Bad men are full of repentance.
Aristotle

Bashfulness is an ornament to youth, but a reproach to old age.
Aristotle

Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.
Aristotle

Bring your desires down to your present means. Increase them only when your increased means permit.
Aristotle

Change in all things is sweet.
Aristotle

Character may almost be called the most effective means of persuasion.
Aristotle

Courage is a mean with regard to fear and confidence.
Aristotle

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees the others.
Aristotle

Democracy arises out of the notion that those who are equal in any respect are equal in all respects; because men are equally free, they claim to be absolutely equal.
Aristotle

Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers.
Aristotle

Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government.
Aristotle

Dignity consists not in possessing honors, but in the consciousness that we deserve them.
Aristotle

Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them.
Aristotle

Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.
Aristotle

Education is the best provision for old age.
Aristotle

Even when laws have been written down, they ought not always to remain unaltered.
Aristotle

Every art and every inquiry, and similarly every action and choice, is thought to aim at some good; and for this reason the good has rightly been declared to be that at which all things aim.
Aristotle

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle

Excellence, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean, relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it.
Aristotle

Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
Aristotle

For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all.
Aristotle

For one swallow does not make a summer, nor does one day; and so too one day, or a short time, does not make a man blessed and happy.
Aristotle

For though we love both the truth and our friends, piety requires us to honor the truth first.
Aristotle

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle

Friendship is essentially a partnership.
Aristotle

Good habits formed at youth make all the difference.
Aristotle

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
Aristotle

He who can be, and therefore is, another's, and he who participates in reason enough to apprehend, but not to have, is a slave by nature.
Aristotle

He who hath many friends hath none.
Aristotle

He who is to be a good ruler must have first been ruled.
Aristotle

He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god.
Aristotle

Hence poetry is something more philosophic and of graver import than history, since its statements are rather of the nature of universals, whereas those of history are singulars.
Aristotle

Homer has taught all other poets the art of telling lies skillfully.
Aristotle

Hope is a waking dream.
Aristotle

Hope is the dream of a waking man.
Aristotle

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
Aristotle

I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
Aristotle

If liberty and equality, as is thought by some, are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in government to the utmost.
Aristotle

If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature's way.
Aristotle

In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is supreme.
Aristotle

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.
Aristotle

In making a speech one must study three points: first, the means of producing persuasion; second, the language; third the proper arrangement of the various parts of the speech.
Aristotle

In nine cases out of ten, a woman had better show more affection than she feels.
Aristotle

In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds.
Aristotle

Inferiors revolt in order that they may be equal, and equals that they may be superior. Such is the state of mind which creates revolutions.
Aristotle

It is best to rise from life as from a banquet, neither thirsty nor drunken.
Aristotle

It is clearly better that property should be private, but the use of it common; and the special business of the legislator is to create in men this benevolent disposition.
Aristotle

It is Homer who has chiefly taught other poets the art of telling lies skillfully.
Aristotle

It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought.
Aristotle

It is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make their appearance in the world.
Aristotle

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle

It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims.
Aristotle

Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy.
Aristotle

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
Aristotle

Man is by nature a political animal.
Aristotle

Man is naturally a political animal.
Aristotle

Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting in a particular way.
Aristotle

Men are swayed more by fear than by reverence.
Aristotle

Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their form but with regard to their mode of life.
Aristotle

Misfortune shows those who are not really friends.
Aristotle

Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts.
Aristotle

Most people would rather give than get affection.
Aristotle

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.
Aristotle

My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.
Aristotle

Nature does nothing in vain.
Aristotle

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness.
Aristotle

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.
Aristotle

No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye.
Aristotle

No one loves the man whom he fears.
Aristotle

No one would choose a friendless existence on condition of having all the other things in the world.
Aristotle

Of all the varieties of virtues, liberalism is the most beloved.
Aristotle

Perfect friendship is the friendship of men who are good, and alike in excellence; for these wish well alike to each other qua good, and they are good in themselves.
Aristotle

Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference.
Aristotle

Piety requires us to honor truth above our friends.
Aristotle

Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth.
Aristotle

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
Aristotle

Poetry is finer and more philosophical than history; for poetry expresses the universal, and history only the particular.
Aristotle

Politicians also have no leisure, because they are always aiming at something beyond political life itself, power and glory, or happiness.
Aristotle

Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities.
Aristotle

Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
Aristotle

Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms.
Aristotle

Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind.
Aristotle

Temperance is a mean with regard to pleasures.
Aristotle

The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
Aristotle

The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain.
Aristotle

The beginning of reform is not so much to equalize property as to train the noble sort of natures not to desire more, and to prevent the lower from getting more.
Aristotle

The best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake.
Aristotle

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead.
Aristotle

The end of labor is to gain leisure.
Aristotle

The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
Aristotle

The generality of men are naturally apt to be swayed by fear rather than reverence, and to refrain from evil rather because of the punishment that it brings than because of its own foulness.
Aristotle

The gods too are fond of a joke.
Aristotle

The greatest virtues are those which are most useful to other persons.
Aristotle

The ideal man bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of circumstances.
Aristotle

The law is reason, free from passion.
Aristotle

The least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold.
Aristotle

The moral virtues, then, are produced in us neither by nature nor against nature. Nature, indeed, prepares in us the ground for their reception, but their complete formation is the product of habit.
Aristotle

The most perfect political community is one in which the middle class is in control, and outnumbers both of the other classes.
Aristotle

The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.
Aristotle

The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
Aristotle

The secret to humor is surprise.
Aristotle

The soul never thinks without a picture.
Aristotle

The state is a creation of nature and man is by nature a political animal.
Aristotle

The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.
Aristotle

The virtue of justice consists in moderation, as regulated by wisdom.
Aristotle

The whole is more than the sum of its parts.
Aristotle

The wise man does not expose himself needlessly to danger, since there are few things for which he cares sufficiently; but he is willing, in great crises, to give even his life - knowing that under certain conditions it is not worthwhile to live.
Aristotle

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
Aristotle

The young are permanently in a state resembling intoxication.
Aristotle

There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.
Aristotle

There was never a genius without a tincture of madness.
Aristotle

Therefore, the good of man must be the end of the science of politics.
Aristotle

This is the reason why mothers are more devoted to their children than fathers: it is that they suffer more in giving them birth and are more certain that they are their own.
Aristotle

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.
Aristotle

Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.
Aristotle

Those who excel in virtue have the best right of all to rebel, but then they are of all men the least inclined to do so.
Aristotle

Thou wilt find rest from vain fancies if thou doest every act in life as though it were thy last.
Aristotle

To run away from trouble is a form of cowardice and, while it is true that the suicide braves death, he does it not for some noble object but to escape some ill.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Aristotle

We become just by performing just action, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave action.
Aristotle

We make war that we may live in peace.
Aristotle

We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax and the figure impressed on it are one.
Aristotle

We praise a man who feels angry on the right grounds and against the right persons and also in the right manner at the right moment and for the right length of time.
Aristotle

Well begun is half done.
Aristotle

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle

What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.
Aristotle

What the statesman is most anxious to produce is a certain moral character in his fellow citizens, namely a disposition to virtue and the performance of virtuous actions.
Aristotle

Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.
Aristotle

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.
Aristotle

Wit is educated insolence.
Aristotle

Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.
Aristotle

You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
Aristotle

Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope.
Aristotle
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:02 am

A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he's finished.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Conrad Hilton was very generous to me in the divorce settlement. He gave me 5000 Gideon Bibles.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Getting divorced just because you don't love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Husbands are like fires - they go out when unattended.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I call everyone 'Darling' because I can't remember their names.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I don't remember anybody's name. How do you think the "dahling" thing got started?
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I know nothing about sex, because I was always married.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I never hated a man enough to give him diamonds back.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I'm a great housekeeper. I get divorced. I keep the house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Macho does not prove mucho.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

One of my theories is that men love with their eyes; women love with their ears.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

The women's movement hasn't changed my sex life. It wouldn't dare.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Thou shouldst not become presumptuous through much treasure and wealth; for in the end it is necessary for thee to leave all.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

To a smart girl men are no problem - they're the answer.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

We were both in love with him. I fell out of love with him, but he didn't.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

When I'm alone, I can sleep crossways in bed without an argument.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

You never really know a man until you have divorced him.
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 9:19 pm

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.
Arnold H. Glasow

All some folks want is their fair share and yours.
Arnold H. Glasow

An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.
Arnold H. Glasow

Expecting something for nothing is the most popular form of hope.
Arnold H. Glasow

Fear is the lengthened shadow of ignorance.
Arnold H. Glasow

Improvement begins with I.
Arnold H. Glasow

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.
Arnold H. Glasow

Live so that your friends can defend you but never have to.
Arnold H. Glasow

One of the tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.
Arnold H. Glasow

One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency.
Arnold H. Glasow

Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time.
Arnold H. Glasow

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
Arnold H. Glasow

Telling a teenager the facts of life is like giving a fish a bath.
Arnold H. Glasow

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Arnold H. Glasow

The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
Arnold H. Glasow

What the country needs are a few labor-making inventions.
Arnold H. Glasow
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:46 pm

A good example is far better than a good precept.
Dwight L. Moody

A man ought to live so that everybody knows he is a Christian... and most of all, his family ought to know.
Dwight L. Moody

A rule I have had for years is: to treat the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal friend. His is not a creed, a mere doctrine, but it is He Himself we have.
Dwight L. Moody

Character is what a man is in the dark.
Dwight L. Moody

Character is what you are in the dark.
Dwight L. Moody

Church attendance is as vital to a disciple as a transfusion of rich, healthy blood to a sick man.
Dwight L. Moody

Death may be the King of terrors... but Jesus is the King of kings!
Dwight L. Moody

Faith makes all things possible... love makes all things easy.
Dwight L. Moody

Give me a man who says this one thing I do, and not those fifty things I dabble in.
Dwight L. Moody

God doesn't seek for golden vessels, and does not ask for silver ones, but He must have clean ones.
Dwight L. Moody

God never made a promise that was too good to be true.
Dwight L. Moody

I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man I have ever met!
Dwight L. Moody

I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man I've met.
Dwight L. Moody

I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man.
Dwight L. Moody

I know the Bible is inspired because it inspires me.
Dwight L. Moody

If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of me.
Dwight L. Moody

It is a masterpiece of the devil to make us believe that children cannot understand religion. Would Christ have made a child the standard of faith if He had known that it was not capable of understanding His words?
Dwight L. Moody

Never think that Jesus commanded a trifle, nor dare to trifle with anything He has commanded.
Dwight L. Moody

No man can resolve himself into Heaven.
Dwight L. Moody

Preparation for old age should begin not later than one's teens. A life which is empty of purpose until 65 will not suddenly become filled on retirement.
Dwight L. Moody

The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible.
Dwight L. Moody

There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us are willing to do little things.
Dwight L. Moody

There's no better book with which to defend the Bible than the Bible itself.
Dwight L. Moody

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining- they just shine.
Dwight L. Moody

We can stand affliction better than we can prosperity, for in prosperity we forget God.
Dwight L. Moody

We talk about heaven being so far away. It is within speaking distance to those who belong there. Heaven is a prepared place for a prepared people.
Dwight L. Moody

Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest.
Dwight L. Moody

Where one man reads the Bible, a hundred read you and me.
Dwight L. Moody
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:47 pm

Don't trust the heart, it wants your blood.
Stanislaw Lec

First of all, I choose the great roles, and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones, and if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent.
Stanislaw Lec

In a war of ideas it is people who get killed.
Stanislaw Lec

Is it progress if a cannibal uses a fork?
Stanislaw Lec

Mankind deserves sacrifice - but not of mankind.
Stanislaw Lec

Never lie when the truth is more profitable.
Stanislaw Lec

People find life entirely too time-consuming.
Stanislaw Lec

Sometimes something worth doing is worth overdoing.
Stanislaw Lec

Telling lies does not work in advertising.
Stanislaw Lec

The first requisite for immortality is death.
Stanislaw Lec

The pleasure of reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books.
Stanislaw Lec

The weakest link in a chain is the strongest because it can break it.
Stanislaw Lec

The window to the world can be covered by a newspaper.
Stanislaw Lec

Thoughts, like fleas, jump from man to man, but they don't bite everybody.
Stanislaw Lec

Value your words. Each one may be the last.
Stanislaw Lec

When smashing monuments, save the pedestals - they always come in handy.
Stanislaw Lec

When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet.
Stanislaw Lec

Whenever man begins to doubt himself, he does something so stupid that he is reassured.
Stanislaw Lec

You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.
Stanislaw Lec

You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience.
Stanislaw Lec

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
Stanislaw Lec
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:29 am

An organization's ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.
Jack Welch

Be candid with everyone.
Jack Welch

Change before you have to.
Jack Welch

Control your own destiny or someone else will.
Jack Welch

Don't manage - lead change before you have to.
Jack Welch

Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be.
Jack Welch

Giving people self-confidence is by far the most important thing that I can do. Because then they will act.
Jack Welch

Globalization has changed us into a company that searches the world, not just to sell or to source, but to find intellectual capital - the world's best talents and greatest ideas.
Jack Welch

I was afraid of the internet... because I couldn't type.
Jack Welch

I've learned that mistakes can often be as good a teacher as success.
Jack Welch

If GE's strategy of investment in China is wrong, it represents a loss of a billion dollars, perhaps a couple of billion dollars. If it is right, it is the future of this company for the next century.
Jack Welch

If you don't have a competitive advantage, don't compete.
Jack Welch

If you pick the right people and give them the opportunity to spread their wings and put compensation as a carrier behind it you almost don't have to manage them.
Jack Welch

My main job was developing talent. I was a gardener providing water and other nourishment to our top 750 people. Of course, I had to pull out some weeds, too.
Jack Welch

Strong managers who make tough decisions to cut jobs provide the only true job security in today's world. Weak managers are the problem. Weak managers destroy jobs.
Jack Welch

The 1980s will seem like a walk in the park when compared to new global challenges, where annual productivity increases of 6% may not be enough. A combination of software, brains, and running harder will be needed to bring that percentage up to 8% or 9%.
Jack Welch

The essence of competitiveness is liberated when we make people believe that what they think and do is important - and then get out of their way while they do it.
Jack Welch

The Internet is the Viagra of big business.
Jack Welch

The team with the best players wins.
Jack Welch

We bring together the best ideas - turning the meetings of our top managers into intellectual orgies.
Jack Welch

We've only been wealthy in this country for 70 years. Who said we ought to have all this? Is it ordained?
Jack Welch

Willingness to change is a strength, even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while.
Jack Welch
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 am

A laugh is a surprise. And all humor is physical. I was always athletic, so that came naturally to me.
Chevy Chase

All my children inherited perfect pitch.
Chevy Chase

Anyone who wants to run has to be a Jimmy Swaggart, minus the default.
Chevy Chase

Every Vacation movie didn't just make the studio money. They each made the studio a lot of money.
Chevy Chase

I don't know if my looks will ever get any better, but my pratfalls sure won't.
Chevy Chase

I have three daughters. I wanted them to be raised where there are real seasons and where everyone their age wasn't trying to get into movies.
Chevy Chase

I just went into this business for laughs. I guess I don't mind being an actor so much now.
Chevy Chase

I learned a lot about handling fans from established stars.
Chevy Chase

I made about 28 movies, and I think about five of them were good.
Chevy Chase

I tell the person I won't take a picture or sign the autograph, but I will shake their hand. That kind of personal touch is all they're really seeking.
Chevy Chase

I think the Clintons are brilliant. I've never met a person as intelligent as Bill, and I think Hillary is right up there with him. They're too smart for Washington.
Chevy Chase

I was always the guy getting kicked out of my classes at school for having an attitude problem.
Chevy Chase

I watched every single Charlie Chaplin film.
Chevy Chase

I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not.
Chevy Chase

If you're in the White House, it's your house, and you can invite whatever friend you want.
Chevy Chase

It took me 20 years of making movies to learn how to do it.
Chevy Chase

It's never a good idea for a celebrity to sign autographs or take pictures if a crowd is gathering.
Chevy Chase

Last good pratfall I did, I broke bones in both hands. I still feel it when people shake my hand.
Chevy Chase

Most of the films I've done were ruined in the postproduction, not during filming.
Chevy Chase

Once I got married and had kids, I moved away from romantic roles, because it seemed wrong to have my 3-year-old wondering why Daddy was kissing someone else.
Chevy Chase

Parrots make great pets. They have more personality than goldfish.
Chevy Chase

Some Harvard guy said that acid would open our minds, pot wouldn't hurt us, and cocaine was benign.
Chevy Chase

Television doesn't make stars. It's the written media, the press, that makes stars.
Chevy Chase

The best comedy I ever did was when people didn't know who I was.
Chevy Chase

The fact was, Ford kept stumbling around. I didn't want him in the White House. I wanted Carter in, and I had a forum of 20 million people watching.
Chevy Chase

The first thing that happens is that you're overwhelmed by so much attention. It's just so unnatural. Only people who've been in that position can realize what it's like. I mean, you have to be there.
Chevy Chase

There are very few solid family films. A lot of the writing is awful.
Chevy Chase

They can't make any of these talented young actors Fletch. You might as well make a movie called Chevy Chase.
Chevy Chase

We never could have performed live for an hour and a half every week if we were doing drugs.
Chevy Chase

With Clinton, there's no question that I would have made fun of his out-and-out lying. But he's also a good friend.
Chevy Chase

You may have read that I went to M.I.T. In 1982 I filled out a Who's Who survey with joking responses, and they never bothered to check the facts.
Chevy Chase
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 1:35 am

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Lou Holtz

A lifetime contract for a coach means if you're ahead in the third quarter and moving the ball, they can't fire you.
Lou Holtz

Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired.
Lou Holtz

Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated.
Lou Holtz

Don't be a spectator, don't let life pass you by.
Lou Holtz

How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser.
Lou Holtz

I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary.
Lou Holtz

I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.
Lou Holtz

I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.
Lou Holtz

If he's got golf clubs in his truck or a camper in his driveway, I don't hire him.
Lou Holtz

If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.
Lou Holtz

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better.
Lou Holtz

If you try to fight the course, it will beat you.
Lou Holtz

If you're bored with life - you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things - you don't have enough goals.
Lou Holtz

In the successful organization, no detail is too small to escape close attention.
Lou Holtz

It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.
Lou Holtz

It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
Lou Holtz

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
Lou Holtz

Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.
Lou Holtz

No one has ever drowned in sweat.
Lou Holtz

On this team, we're all united in a common goal: to keep my job.
Lou Holtz

Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I'll show you someone who has overcome adversity.
Lou Holtz

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.
Lou Holtz

The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood.
Lou Holtz

When all is said and done, more is said than done.
Lou Holtz

You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.
Lou Holtz

You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.
Lou Holtz
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 pm

A guy gave me a job at an information booth - no questions asked.
Jay London

A window of opportunity for me usually involves a rock.
Jay London

After all these years I had the privilege of naming my private part, cause we have nicknames. So I named my private part pride... it's not much but at least I have my pride.
Jay London

At Motel 6 in Amish Country I wonder if they leave the light on for you?
Jay London

Did you know that today will never be tomorrow.
Jay London

Do you know it was a year a ago today?
Jay London

Does anybody know what I'm doing up here?
Jay London

I don't need to worry about identity theft because no one wants to be me.
Jay London

I model irregular clothing.
Jay London

I once dated a weather girl, we talked up a storm.
Jay London

I recorded my hair this morning, tonight I'm watching the highlights.
Jay London

I saw a sign it said left lane closed so I went someplace else.
Jay London

I saw a stationery store move.
Jay London

I told my therapist I was having nightmares about nuclear explosions. He said don't worry it's not the end of the world.
Jay London

I wanted to join the Army the sign said 'Be All That You Can Be', they told me it wasn't enough.
Jay London

I wanted to take up music, so my father bought me a blunt instrument. He told me to knock myself out.
Jay London

I was born nine months premature.
Jay London

I was going to buy a book on hair loss, but the pages kept falling out.
Jay London

I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.
Jay London

I went out with a promiscuous impressionist - she did everybody.
Jay London

I went to a record store and asked for 50 cent. They kicked me out for pan-handling.
Jay London

I went to a urologist - he told me I could go at any time.
Jay London

I went to the doctor and he said I had acute appendicitis, and I said compared to who?
Jay London

I went to the store and bought lady fingers, when I got home I noticed one of the fingers was missing so I went back to the store and the manager was nice enough to give me the finger.
Jay London

I'm convinced my cockroaches have military training, I set off a roach bomb - they diffused it.
Jay London

I'm on performance enhancing drugs, so I may cause drowsiness.
Jay London

It all started when my dog began getting free roll over minutes.
Jay London

My boss told me to get my butt in gear. I told him I was shiftless.
Jay London

My father would take me to the playground, and put me on mood swings.
Jay London

My girlfriend bought me a down jacket, she said it fit my personality.
Jay London

My girlfriend has crabs, I bought her fishnet stockings.
Jay London

My whole family is lactose intolerant and when we take pictures we can't say cheese.
Jay London

People read me but they don't subscribe.
Jay London

They asked me what I thought about euthanasia. I said I'm more concerned about the adults.
Jay London

You know what burns me? Matches.
Jay London
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am

A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding.
Douglas MacArthur

A general is just as good or just as bad as the troops under his command make him.
Douglas MacArthur

Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul.
Douglas MacArthur

Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it.
Douglas MacArthur

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.
Douglas MacArthur

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.
Douglas MacArthur

Could I have but a line a century hence crediting a contribution to the advance of peace, I would yield every honor which has been accorded by war.
Douglas MacArthur

Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
Douglas MacArthur

I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.
Douglas MacArthur

I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!
Douglas MacArthur

I have known war as few men now living know it. It's very destructiveness on both friend and foe has rendered it useless as a means of settling international disputes.
Douglas MacArthur

I suppose, in a way, this has become part of my soul. It is a symbol of my life. Whatever I have done that really matters, I've done wearing it. When the time comes, it will be in this that I journey forth. What greater honor could come to an American, and a soldier?
Douglas MacArthur

I've looked that old scoundrel death in the eye many times but this time I think he has me on the ropes.
Douglas MacArthur

In my dreams I hear again the crash of guns, the rattle of musketry, the strange, mournful mutter of the battlefield.
Douglas MacArthur

In war there is no substitute for victory.
Douglas MacArthur

In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.
Douglas MacArthur

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
Douglas MacArthur

It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.
Douglas MacArthur

Life is a lively process of becoming.
Douglas MacArthur

Like the old soldier of the ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the light to see that duty. Goodbye.
Douglas MacArthur

My first recollection is that of a bugle call.
Douglas MacArthur

Never give an order that can't be obeyed.
Douglas MacArthur

Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.
Douglas MacArthur

Old soldiers never die; they just fade away. And like the old soldier in that ballad, I now close my military career and just fade away, an old soldier who tried to do his duty as God gave him the sight to see that duty.
Douglas MacArthur

One cannot wage war under present conditions without the support of public opinion, which is tremendously molded by the press and other forms of propaganda.
Douglas MacArthur

Only those are fit to live who are not afraid to die.
Douglas MacArthur

Our country is now geared to an arms economy bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and an incessant propaganda of fear.
Douglas MacArthur

Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear - kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor - with the cry of grave national emergency.
Douglas MacArthur

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live.
Douglas MacArthur

The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.
Douglas MacArthur

The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
Douglas MacArthur

The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
Douglas MacArthur

The world is in a constant conspiracy against the brave. It's the age-old struggle: the roar of the crowd on the one side, and the voice of your conscience on the other.
Douglas MacArthur

There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity.
Douglas MacArthur

There is no substitute for victory.
Douglas MacArthur

They died hard, those savage men - like wounded wolves at bay. They were filthy, and they were lousy, and they stunk. And I loved them.
Douglas MacArthur

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Whether in chains or in laurels, liberty knows nothing but victories.
Douglas MacArthur

Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
Douglas MacArthur

You are remembered for the rules you break.
Douglas MacArthur
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:23 am

A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind.
John Maynard Keynes

Americans are apt to be unduly interested in discovering what average opinion believes average opinion to be.
John Maynard Keynes

By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.
John Maynard Keynes

Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.
John Maynard Keynes

Education: the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent.
John Maynard Keynes

For at least another hundred years we must pretend to ourselves and to every one that fair is foul and foul is fair; for foul is useful and fair is not. Avarice and usury and precaution must be our gods for a little longer still.
John Maynard Keynes

I do not know which makes a man more conservative - to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past.
John Maynard Keynes

I work for a Government I despise for ends I think criminal.
John Maynard Keynes

Ideas shape the course of history.
John Maynard Keynes

If economists could manage to get themselves thought of as humble, competent people on a level with dentists, that would be splendid.
John Maynard Keynes

In the long run we are all dead.
John Maynard Keynes

In the long run, we're all dead.
John Maynard Keynes

It is ideas, not vested interests, which are dangerous for good or evil.
John Maynard Keynes

It would not be foolish to contemplate the possibility of a far greater progress still.
John Maynard Keynes

Like Odysseus, the President looked wiser when he was seated.
John Maynard Keynes

Long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead.
John Maynard Keynes

Most men love money and security more, and creation and construction less, as they get older.
John Maynard Keynes

Nothing mattered except states of mind, chiefly our own.
John Maynard Keynes

Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others.
John Maynard Keynes

The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that still carries any reward.
John Maynard Keynes

The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens.
John Maynard Keynes

The biggest problem is not to let people accept new ideas, but to let them forget the old ones.
John Maynard Keynes

The day is not far off when the economic problem will take the back seat where it belongs, and the arena of the heart and the head will be occupied or reoccupied, by our real problems - the problems of life and of human relations, of creation and behavior and religion.
John Maynard Keynes

The decadent international but individualistic capitalism in the hands of which we found ourselves after the war is not a success. It is not intelligent. It is not beautiful. It is not just. It is not virtuous. And it doesn't deliver the goods.
John Maynard Keynes

The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones.
John Maynard Keynes

The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping from the old ones, which ramify, for those brought up as most of us have been, into every corner of our minds.
John Maynard Keynes

The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping the old ones, which ramify, for those brought up as most of us have been, into every corner of our minds.
John Maynard Keynes

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
John Maynard Keynes

The importance of money flows from it being a link between the present and the future.
John Maynard Keynes

The social object of skilled investment should be to defeat the dark forces of time and ignorance which envelope our future.
John Maynard Keynes

There is no harm in being sometimes wrong- especially if one is promptly found out.
John Maynard Keynes

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
John Maynard Keynes
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:11 am

A beautiful thing never gives so much pain as does failing to hear and see it.
Michelangelo

A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.
Michelangelo

Carving is easy, you just go down to the skin and stop.
Michelangelo

Death and love are the two wings that bear the good man to heaven.
Michelangelo

Even if you are divine, you don't disdain male consorts.
Michelangelo

Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come.
Michelangelo

Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.
Michelangelo

Faith in oneself is the best and safest course.
Michelangelo

From such a gentle thing, from such a fountain of all delight, my every pain is born.
Michelangelo

Genius is eternal patience.
Michelangelo

Good painting is the kind that looks like sculpture.
Michelangelo

I am a poor man and of little worth, who is laboring in that art that God has given me in order to extend my life as long as possible.
Michelangelo

I am still learning.
Michelangelo

I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
Michelangelo

I have never felt salvation in nature. I love cities above all.
Michelangelo

I hope that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.
Michelangelo

I live and love in God's peculiar light.
Michelangelo

I live in sin, to kill myself I live; no longer my life my own, but sin's; my good is given to me by heaven, my evil by myself, by my free will, of which I am deprived.
Michelangelo

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
Michelangelo

I saw the angel in the marble and I carved until I set him free.
Michelangelo

If in my youth I had realized that the sustaining splendour of beauty of with which I was in love would one day flood back into my heart, there to ignite a flame that would torture me without end, how gladly would I have put out the light in my eyes.
Michelangelo

If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all.
Michelangelo

If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all.
Michelangelo

If we have been pleased with life, we should not be displeased with death, since it comes from the hand of the same master.
Michelangelo

It is necessary to keep one's compass in one's eyes and not in the hand, for the hands execute, but the eye judges.
Michelangelo

It is well with me only when I have a chisel in my hand.
Michelangelo

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I accomplish.
Michelangelo

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.
Michelangelo

Many believe - and I believe - that I have been designated for this work by God. In spite of my old age, I do not want to give it up; I work out of love for God and I put all my hope in Him.
Michelangelo

My soul can find no staircase to Heaven unless it be through Earth's loveliness.
Michelangelo

The best artist has that thought alone Which is contained within the marble shell; The sculptor's hand can only break the spell To free the figures slumbering in the stone.
Michelangelo

The best of artists has no conception that the marble alone does not contain within itself.
Michelangelo

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
Michelangelo

The greatest artist has no conception which a single block of white marble does not potentially contain within its mass, but only a hand obedient to the mind can penetrate to this image.
Michelangelo

The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has.
Michelangelo

The more the marbles wastes, the more the statue grows.
Michelangelo

The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.
Michelangelo

The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.
Michelangelo

There is no greater harm than that of time wasted.
Michelangelo

Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
Michelangelo

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
Michelangelo

What do you despise? By this you are truly known.
Michelangelo

What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?
Michelangelo
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:12 am

A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist and evolutionary strategist.
R. Buckminster Fuller

A proverb is much matter distilled into few words.
R. Buckminster Fuller

By 2000, politics will simply fade away. We will not see any political parties.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Dictators never invent their own opportunities.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Don't fight forces, use them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Either war is obsolete, or men are.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Faith is much better than belief. Belief is when someone else does the thinking.
R. Buckminster Fuller

God is a verb, not a noun proper or improper.
R. Buckminster Fuller

God is a verb, not a noun.
R. Buckminster Fuller

God is a verb.
R. Buckminster Fuller

God, to me, it seems, is a verb not a noun, proper or improper.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Gold and silver from the dead turn often into lead.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Great nations are simply the operating fronts of behind-the-scenes, vastly ambitious individuals who had become so effectively powerful because of their ability to remain invisible while operating behind the national scenery.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Here is God's purpose - for God, to me, it seems, is a verb not a noun, proper or improper.
R. Buckminster Fuller

How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.
R. Buckminster Fuller

I just invent, then wait until man comes around to needing what I've invented.
R. Buckminster Fuller

I look for what needs to be done. After all, that's how the universe designs itself.
R. Buckminster Fuller

I'm not a genius. I'm just a tremendous bundle of experience.
R. Buckminster Fuller

If humanity does not opt for integrity we are through completely. It is absolutely touch and go. Each one of us could make the difference.
R. Buckminster Fuller

If you are the master be sometimes blind, if you are the servant be sometimes deaf.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Integrity is the essence of everything successful.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Let architects sing of aesthetics that bring Rich clients in hordes to their knees; Just give me a home, in a great circle dome Where stresses and strains are at ease.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Love is metaphysical gravity.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Man knows so much and does so little.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Most of my advances were by mistake. You uncover what is when you get rid of what isn't.
R. Buckminster Fuller

My ideas have undergone a process of emergence by emergency. When they are needed badly enough, they are accepted.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Now there is one outstanding important fact regarding spaceship earth, and that is that no instruction book came with it.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Parents are usually more careful to bestow knowledge on their children rather than virtue, the art of speaking well rather than doing well; but their manners should be of the greatest concern.
R. Buckminster Fuller

People should think things out fresh and not just accept conventional terms and the conventional way of doing things.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Rashness is the faithful, but unhappy parent of misfortune.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Search others for their virtue, and yourself for your vices.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Tension is the great integrity.
R. Buckminster Fuller

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
R. Buckminster Fuller

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
R. Buckminster Fuller

The most important thing about Spaceship Earth - an instruction book didn't come with it.
R. Buckminster Fuller

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Tombs are the clothes of the dead and a grave is a plain suit; while an expensive monument is one with embroidery.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Truth is a tendency.
R. Buckminster Fuller

War is the ultimate tool of politics.
R. Buckminster Fuller

We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims.
R. Buckminster Fuller

We are not going to be able to operate our Spaceship Earth successfully nor for much longer unless we see it as a whole spaceship and our fate as common. It has to be everybody or nobody.
R. Buckminster Fuller

What usually happens in the educational process is that the faculties are dulled, overloaded, stuffed and paralyzed so that by the time most people are mature they have lost their innate capabilities.
R. Buckminster Fuller

When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.
R. Buckminster Fuller

You can never learn less, you can only learn more.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:47 am

A doctor gave a man six months to live. The man couldn't pay his bill, so he gave him another six months.
Henny Youngman

A Jewish woman had two chickens. One got sick, so the woman made chicken soup out of the other one to help the sick one get well.
Henny Youngman

A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student.
Henny Youngman

Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.
Henny Youngman

How to drive a guy crazy: send him a telegram and on the top put 'page 2.'
Henny Youngman

I know a man who doesn't pay to have his trash taken out. How does he get rid of his trash? He gift wraps it, and puts in into an unlocked car.
Henny Youngman

I once wanted to become an atheist, but I gave up - they have no holidays.
Henny Youngman

I played a great horse yesterday! It took seven horses to beat him.
Henny Youngman

I played a lot of tough clubs in my time. Once a guy in one of those clubs wanted to bet me $10 that I was dead. I was afraid to bet.
Henny Youngman

I take my wife everywhere I go. She always finds her way back.
Henny Youngman

I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
Henny Youngman

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places.
Henny Youngman

I've been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me.
Henny Youngman

I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by four o'clock this afternoon.
Henny Youngman

I've got all the money I'll ever need, if I die by four o clock.
Henny Youngman

If at first you don't succeed... so much for skydiving.
Henny Youngman

If my mother knew I did this for a living, she'd kill me. She thinks I'm selling dope.
Henny Youngman

If you had your life to live over again, do it overseas.
Henny Youngman

If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.
Henny Youngman

Just got back from a pleasure trip: I took my mother-in-law to the airport.
Henny Youngman

My brother was a lifeguard in a car wash.
Henny Youngman

My dad was the town drunk. Most of the time that's not so bad; but New York City?
Henny Youngman

My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.
Henny Youngman

My other brother-in-law died. He was a karate expert, then joined the army. The first time he saluted, he killed himself.
Henny Youngman

My son complains about headaches. I tell him all the time, when you get out of bed, it's feet first!
Henny Youngman

My wife dresses to kill. She cooks the same way.
Henny Youngman

She has a wash and wear bridal gown.
Henny Youngman

She's a big-hearted girl with hips to match.
Henny Youngman

She's been married so many times she has rice marks on her face.
Henny Youngman

Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
Henny Youngman

Take my wife... Please!
Henny Youngman

That was the first time I saw a horse start from a kneeling position!
Henny Youngman

The horse I bet on was so slow, the jockey kept a diary of the trip.
Henny Youngman

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.
Henny Youngman

There was a girl knocking on my hotel room door all night! Finally, I let her out.
Henny Youngman

This is an elegant hotel! Room service has an unlisted number.
Henny Youngman

This man is frank and earnest with women. In Fresno, he's Frank and in Chicago he's Ernest.
Henny Youngman

This man used to go to school with his dog. Then they were separated. His dog graduated!
Henny Youngman

Those two are a fastidious couple. She's fast and he's hideous.
Henny Youngman

What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money.
Henny Youngman

When God sneezed, I didn't know what to say.
Henny Youngman

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
Henny Youngman

When I told my doctor I couldn't afford an operation, he offered to touch-up my X-rays.
Henny Youngman

While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.
Henny Youngman

Why do Jewish divorces cost so much? They're worth it.
Henny Youngman

Why do Jewish men die before their wives? They want to.
Henny Youngman

Why don't Jews drink? It interferes with their suffering.
Henny Youngman

You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.
Henny Youngman

You have a nice personality, but not for a human being.
Henny Youngman

You have a ready wit. Tell me when it's ready.
Henny Youngman

You look like a talent scout for a cemetery.
Henny Youngman
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:48 am

A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.
Frank Lloyd Wright

A free America... means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.
Frank Lloyd Wright

A great architect is not made by way of a brain nearly so much as he is made by way of a cultivated, enriched heart.
Frank Lloyd Wright

A man is a fool if he drinks before he reaches the age of 50, and a fool if he doesn't afterward.
Frank Lloyd Wright

All fine architectural values are human vales, else not valuable.
Frank Lloyd Wright

All fine architectural values are human values, else not valuable.
Frank Lloyd Wright

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
Frank Lloyd Wright

An idea is salvation by imagination.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Art for art's sake is a philosophy of the well-fed.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Buildings, too, are children of Earth and Sun.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Bureaucrats: they are dead at 30 and buried at 60. They are like custard pies; you can't nail them to a wall.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Every great architect is - necessarily - a great poet. He must be a great original interpreter of his time, his day, his age.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Form follows function - that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Freedom is from within.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Get the habit of analysis - analysis will in time enable synthesis to become your habit of mind.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.
Frank Lloyd Wright

God is the great mysterious motivator of what we call nature, and it has often been said by philosophers, that nature is the will of God. And I prefer to say that nature is the only body of God that we shall ever see.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Harvard takes perfectly good plums as students, and turns them into prunes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I believe totally in a Capitalist System, I only wish that someone would try it.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I feel coming on a strange disease - humility.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I have been black and blue in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts with my own furniture.
Frank Lloyd Wright

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
Frank Lloyd Wright

If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Less is only more where more is no good.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Life always rides in strength to victory, not through internationalism... but only through the direct responsibility of the individual.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Maybe we can show government how to operate better as a result of better architecture. Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Mechanization best serves mediocrity.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Nature is my manifestation of God. I go to nature every day for inspiration in the day's work. I follow in building the principles which nature has used in its domain.
Frank Lloyd Wright

New York City is a great monument to the power of money and greed... a race for rent.
Frank Lloyd Wright

No house should ever be on a hill or on anything. It should be of the hill. Belonging to it. Hill and house should live together each the happier for the other.
Frank Lloyd Wright

No stream rises higher than its source. What ever man might build could never express or reflect more than he was. He could record neither more nor less than he had learned of life when the buildings were built.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Noble life demands a noble architecture for noble uses of noble men. Lack of culture means what it has always meant: ignoble civilization and therefore imminent downfall.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Organic architecture seeks superior sense of use and a finer sense of comfort, expressed in organic simplicity.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Organic buildings are the strength and lightness of the spiders' spinning, buildings qualified by light, bred by native character to environment, married to the ground.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Regard it as just as desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Respect the masterpiece. It is true reverence to man. There is no quality so great, none so much needed now.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Simplicity and repose are qualities that measure the true value of any work of art.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Space is the breath of art.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Television is chewing gum for the eyes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The architect must be a prophet... a prophet in the true sense of the term... if he can't see at least ten years ahead don't call him an architect.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The architect should strive continually to simplify; the ensemble of the rooms should then be carefully considered that comfort and utility may go hand in hand with beauty.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The heart is the chief feature of a functioning mind.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The Lincoln Memorial is related to the toga and the civilization that wore it.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own we have no soul of our own civilization.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The physician can bury his mistakes, but the architect can only advise his client to plant vines - so they should go as far as possible from home to build their first buildings.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The physician can bury his mistakes, but the architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The present is the ever moving shadow that divides yesterday from tomorrow. In that lies hope.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The space within becomes the reality of the building.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Frank Lloyd Wright

The truth is more important than the facts.
Frank Lloyd Wright

There is nothing more uncommon than common sense.
Frank Lloyd Wright

"Think simple" as my old master used to say - meaning reduce the whole of its parts into the simplest terms, getting back to first principles.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.
Frank Lloyd Wright

To look at the cross-section of any plan of a big city is to look at something like the section of a fibrous tumor.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Toleration and liberty are the foundations of a great republic.
Frank Lloyd Wright

TV is chewing gum for the eyes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Well, now that he's finished one building, he'll Le Corbusier go write four books about it.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Why, I just shake the buildings out of my sleeves.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Youth is a quality, not a matter of circumstances.
Frank Lloyd Wright
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:49 am

A man should never neglect his family for business.
Walt Disney

All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable.
Walt Disney

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation.
Walt Disney

Animation is different from other parts. Its language is the language of caricature. Our most difficult job was to develop the cartoon's unnatural but seemingly natural anatomy for humans and animals.
Walt Disney

Animation offers a medium of story telling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world.
Walt Disney

Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children.
Walt Disney

Disneyland is a show.
Walt Disney

Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
Walt Disney

Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role.
Walt Disney

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.
Walt Disney

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
Walt Disney

I am not influenced by the techniques or fashions of any other motion picture company.
Walt Disney

I believe in being an innovator.
Walt Disney

I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.
Walt Disney

I don't like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It's just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess.
Walt Disney

I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it.
Walt Disney

I have no use for people who throw their weight around as celebrities, or for those who fawn over you just because you are famous.
Walt Disney

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.
Walt Disney

I never called my work an 'art' It's part of show business, the business of building entertainment.
Walt Disney

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
Walt Disney

I started, actually, to make my first animated cartoon in 1920. Of course, they were very crude things then and I used sort of little puppet things.
Walt Disney

I try to build a full personality for each of our cartoon characters - to make them personalities.
Walt Disney

I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
Walt Disney

I'd say it's been my biggest problem all my life... it's money. It takes a lot of money to make these dreams come true.
Walt Disney

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.
Walt Disney

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
Walt Disney

It's no secret that we were sticking just about every nickel we had on the chance that people would really be interested in something totally new and unique in the field of entertainment.
Walt Disney

Laughter is America's most important export.
Walt Disney

Mickey Mouse is, to me, a symbol of independence. He was a means to an end.
Walt Disney

Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.
Walt Disney

Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood.
Walt Disney

Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.
Walt Disney

Of all the things I've done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.
Walt Disney

Or heritage and ideals, our code and standards - the things we live by and teach our children - are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings.
Walt Disney

People still think of me as a cartoonist, but the only thing I lift a pen or pencil for these days is to sign a contract, a check, or an autograph.
Walt Disney

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
Walt Disney

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
Walt Disney

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.
Walt Disney

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.
Walt Disney

There's nothing funnier than the human animal.
Walt Disney

We allow no geniuses around our Studio.
Walt Disney

We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public.
Walt Disney

We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.
Walt Disney

We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year.
Walt Disney

We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us.
Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity.
Walt Disney

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
Walt Disney

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
Walt Disney

Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.
Walt Disney

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.
Walt Disney

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
Walt Disney

You can't just let nature run wild.
Walt Disney

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney

You reach a point where you don't work for money.
Walt Disney

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.
Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:50 am

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
Nelson Mandela

After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
Nelson Mandela

Communists have always played an active role in the fight by colonial countries for their freedom, because the short-term objects of Communism would always correspond with the long-term objects of freedom movements.
Nelson Mandela

Does anybody really think that they didn't get what they had because they didn't have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment?
Nelson Mandela

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Nelson Mandela

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
Nelson Mandela

I cannot conceive of Israel withdrawing if Arab states do not recognize Israel, within secure borders.
Nelson Mandela

I detest racialism, because I regard it as a barbaric thing, whether it comes from a black man or a white man.
Nelson Mandela

I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself.
Nelson Mandela

I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent. I dream of our vast deserts, of our forests, of all our great wildernesses.
Nelson Mandela

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
Nelson Mandela

If the United States of America or Britain is having elections, they don't ask for observers from Africa or from Asia. But when we have elections, they want observers.
Nelson Mandela

If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
Nelson Mandela

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
Nelson Mandela

If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.
Nelson Mandela

In my country we go to prison first and then become President.
Nelson Mandela

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela

It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
Nelson Mandela

Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.
Nelson Mandela

Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.
Nelson Mandela

Money won't create success, the freedom to make it will.
Nelson Mandela

Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another.
Nelson Mandela

Only free men can negotiate; prisoners cannot enter into contracts. Your freedom and mine cannot be separated.
Nelson Mandela

Only free men can negotiate. Prisoners cannot enter into contracts.
Nelson Mandela

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Nelson Mandela

There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.
Nelson Mandela

There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.
Nelson Mandela

There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
Nelson Mandela

There is no such thing as part freedom.
Nelson Mandela

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
Nelson Mandela

There is nothing like returning to a place that reminds unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.
Nelson Mandela

We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
Nelson Mandela

When the water starts boiling it is foolish to turn off the heat.
Nelson Mandela
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:28 am

Nelson Mandela.
I have so much respect for him.
All his quotes here are just amazing..
Respect.

Apart from that .. 196 replies in one post ( 197 now Smile ) yikes!!
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:04 pm

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
Josh Billings

A good way I know to find happiness, is to not bore a hole to fit the plug.
Josh Billings

A puppy plays with every pup he meets, but an old dog has few associates.
Josh Billings

About the most originality that any writer can hope to achieve honestly is to steal with good judgment.
Josh Billings

About the only difference between the poor and the rich, is this, the poor suffer misery, while the rich have to enjoy it.
Josh Billings

Adversity has the same effect on a man that severe training has on the pugilist: it reduces him to his fighting weight.
Josh Billings

Advice is like castor oil, easy enough to give but dreadful uneasy to take.
Josh Billings

As a general thing, when a woman wears the pants in a family, she has a good right to them.
Josh Billings

As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.
Josh Billings

Be kind to your mother-in-law, but pay for her board at some good hotel.
Josh Billings

Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.
Josh Billings

Common sense is instinct, and enough of it is genius.
Josh Billings

Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.
Josh Billings

Confess your sins to the Lord and you will be forgiven; confess them to man and you will be laughed at.
Josh Billings

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
Josh Billings

Don't ever prophesy; for if you prophesy wrong, nobody will forget it; and if you prophesy right, nobody will remember it.
Josh Billings

Economy is a savings-bank, into which men drop pennies, and get dollars in return.
Josh Billings

Every man has his follies - and often they are the most interesting thing he has got.
Josh Billings

Flattery is like cologne water, to be smelt, not swallowed.
Josh Billings

Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense.
Josh Billings

Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain't lawful tender for a loaf of bread.
Josh Billings

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time.
Josh Billings

I have never known a person to live to be one hundred and be remarkable for anything else.
Josh Billings

I haven't got as much money as some folks, but I've got as much impudence as any of them, and that's the next thing to money.
Josh Billings

I think when the full horror of being fifty hits you, you should stay home and have a good cry.
Josh Billings

If a man should happen to reach perfection in this world, he would have to die immediately to enjoy himself.
Josh Billings

If there was no faith there would be no living in this world. We could not even eat hash with any safety.
Josh Billings

If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it, as the old woman did her lost spectacles, safe on her own nose all the time.
Josh Billings

It ain't often that a man's reputation outlasts his money.
Josh Billings

It is a very delicate job to forgive a man, without lowering him in his own estimation, and yours too.
Josh Billings

It is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so.
Josh Billings

It is much easier to repent of sins that we have committed than to repent of those that we intend to commit.
Josh Billings

It is not all bad, this getting old, ripening. After the fruit has got its growth it should juice up and mellow. God forbid I should live long enough to ferment and rot and fall to the ground in a squash.
Josh Billings

It's not only the most difficult thing to know one's self, but the most inconvenient.
Josh Billings

Knowledge is like money: the more he gets, the more he craves.
Josh Billings

Laughter is the sensation of feeling good all over and showing it principally in one place.
Josh Billings

Learning sleeps and snores in libraries, but wisdom is everywhere, wide awake, on tiptoe.
Josh Billings

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.
Josh Billings

Life is short, but it's long enough to ruin any man who wants to be ruined.
Josh Billings

Love is said to be blind, but I know some fellows in love who can see twice as much in their sweethearts as I do.
Josh Billings

Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.
Josh Billings

Man was created a little lower than the angels and has bin getting a little lower ever since.
Josh Billings

Marrying for love may be a bit risky, but it is so honest that God can't help but smile on it.
Josh Billings

Men mourn for what they have lost; women for what they ain't got.
Josh Billings

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
Josh Billings

Most people repent their sins by thanking God they ain't so wicked as their neighbors.
Josh Billings

Most people when they come to you for advice, come to have their own opinions strengthened, not corrected.
Josh Billings

No one can disgrace us but ourselves.
Josh Billings

Old maids sweeten their tea with scandal.
Josh Billings

One of rarest things that a man ever does is to do the best he can.
Josh Billings

One of the best temporary cures for pride and affectation is seasickness; a man who wants to vomit never puts on airs.
Josh Billings

One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness.
Josh Billings

One of the rarest things that a man ever does, is to do the best he can.
Josh Billings

Reason often makes mistakes, but conscience never does.
Josh Billings

Remember the poor, it costs nothing.
Josh Billings

Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.
Josh Billings

Take all the fools out of this world and there wouldn't be any fun living in it, or profit.
Josh Billings

The best medicine I know for rheumatism is to thank the Lord that it ain't gout.
Josh Billings

The best time for you to hold your tongue is the time you feel you must say something or bust.
Josh Billings

The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way.
Josh Billings

The man whose only pleasure in life is making money, weighs less on the moral scale than an angleworm.
Josh Billings

The road to ruin is always in good repair, and the travellers pay the expense of it.
Josh Billings

The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.
Josh Billings

The trouble with most folks ain't so much their ignorance as knowing so many things that ain't so.
Josh Billings

The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so.
Josh Billings

The wheel that squeaks the loudest is the one that gets the grease.
Josh Billings

There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.
Josh Billings

There are people who are always anticipating trouble, and in this way they manage to enjoy many sorrows that never really happen to them.
Josh Billings

There are some people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the truth without lying.
Josh Billings

There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions and those who won t.
Josh Billings

There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared: twins.
Josh Billings

There is no greater evidence of superior intelligence than to be surprised at nothing.
Josh Billings

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Josh Billings

There is nothing so easy to learn as experience and nothing so hard to apply.
Josh Billings

There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

There's a lot of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it.
Josh Billings

Threescore years and ten is enough; if a man can't suffer all the misery he wants in that time, he must be numb.
Josh Billings

Time is like money, the less we have of it to spare the further we make it go.
Josh Billings

To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while.
Josh Billings

When a man comes to me for advice, I find out the kind of advice he wants, and I give it to him.
Josh Billings

Wisdom has never made a bigot, but learning has.
Josh Billings

Woman's influence is powerful, especially when she wants something.
Josh Billings

Words are often seen hunting for an idea, but ideas are never seen hunting for words.
Josh Billings
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:05 pm

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

A nation that destroys it's soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

A reactionary is a somnambulist walking backwards.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Are you laboring under the impression that I read these memoranda of yours? I can't even lift them.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Be sincere; be brief; be seated.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

But while they prate of economic laws, men and women are starving. We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Confidence... thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Don't forget what I discovered that over ninety percent of all national deficits from 1921 to 1939 were caused by payments for past, present, and future wars.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Favor comes because for a brief moment in the great space of human change and progress some general human purpose finds in him a satisfactory embodiment.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Here is my principle: Taxes shall be levied according to ability to pay. That is the only American principle.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I am a Christian and a Democrat, that's all.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I am neither bitter nor cynical but I do wish there was less immaturity in political thinking.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I believe that in every country the people themselves are more peaceably and liberally inclined than their governments.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I do not look upon these United States as a finished product. We are still in the making.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I pledge you, I pledge myself, to a new deal for the American people.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

If I went to work in a factory the first thing I'd do is join a union.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

If we can boondoggle ourselves out of this depression, that word is going to be enshrined in the hearts of the American people for years to come.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

If you treat people right they will treat you right... ninety percent of the time.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

In our personal ambitions we are individualists. But in our seeking for economic and political progress as a nation, we all go up or else all go down as one people.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

In our seeking for economic and political progress, we all go up - or else we all go down.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is fun to be in the same decade with you.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

It is the duty of the President to propose and it is the privilege of the Congress to dispose.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

It isn't sufficient just to want - you've got to ask yourself what you are going to do to get the things you want.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

It takes a long time to bring the past up to the present.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginning of all wars - yes, an end to this brutal, inhuman and thoroughly impractical method of settling the differences between governments.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

No government can help the destinies of people who insist in putting sectional and class consciousness ahead of general weal.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

No group and no government can properly prescribe precisely what should constitute the body of knowledge with which true education is concerned.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Not only our future economic soundness but the very soundness of our democratic institutions depends on the determination of our government to give employment to idle men.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment... If it doesn't turn out right, we can modify it as we go along.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Our national determination to keep free of foreign wars and foreign entanglements cannot prevent us from feeling deep concern when ideals and principles that we have cherished are challenged.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Prosperous farmers mean more employment, more prosperity for the workers and the business men of every industrial area in the whole country.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Put two or three men in positions of conflicting authority. This will force them to work at loggerheads, allowing you to be the ultimate arbiter.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rules are not necessarily sacred, principles are.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Self-interest is the enemy of all true affection.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Selfishness is the only real atheism; aspiration, unselfishness, the only real religion.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Somoza may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The only sure bulwark of continuing liberty is a government strong enough to protect the interests of the people, and a people strong enough and well enough informed to maintain its sovereign control over the goverment.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The overwhelming majority of Americans are possessed of two great qualities a sense of humor and a sense of proportion.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The point in history at which we stand is full of promise and danger. The world will either move forward toward unity and widely shared prosperity - or it will move apart.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The truth is found when men are free to pursue it.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The United States Constitution has proved itself the most marvelously elastic compilation of rules of government ever written.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

There are as many opinions as there are experts.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

There is a mysterious cycle in human events. To some generations much is given. Of other generations much is expected. This generation of Americans has a rendezvous with destiny.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

There is nothing I love as much as a good fight.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

This generation of Americans has a rendezvous with destiny.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Those newspapers of the nation which most loudly cried dictatorship against me would have been the first to justify the beginnings of dictatorship by somebody else.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

To reach a port, we must sail - sail, not tie at anchor - sail, not drift.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

True individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

War is a contagion.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

We are trying to construct a more inclusive society. We are going to make a country in which no one is left out.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

We continue to recognize the greater ability of some to earn more than others. But we do assert that the ambition of the individual to obtain for him a proper security is an ambition to be preferred to the appetite for great wealth and great power.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck to crush him.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Whoever seeks to set one religion against another seeks to destroy all religion.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Yesterday, December seventh, 1941, a date which will live in infamy, the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motivational and Entertaining Quotes   Motivational and Entertaining Quotes - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motivational and Entertaining Quotes
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next