Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gorilla Theory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:33 am

Gorilla Theory

To explain this let me tell you a story that I heard. There were three gorillas in a zoo that they were conducting social experiments with. They took these 3 gorillas and they would hang a banana from the ceiling in the cage. Then they added some blocks so that the gorillas could get up to the banana. After a while the gorillas figured out a way to stack the blocks and go up to get the banana. The gorillas were happy and were showing remarkable signs of intelligence.

So not very long after the gorillas were about to get to the banana. One day when the gorillas went to get the banana they took a hose and would spray all of them with water until they were soaked! After many attempts of going after the banana and being sprayed the gorillas stopped going after the banana.

So once this behaviour was established, they took out one of the original gorillas and put in a new one. Sure enough the new one would see the banana hanging up there and started to figure out the block to get the banana. Surprisingly the other gorillas jumped and beat the crap out of the new gorilla not wanting to be sprayed with water.

A little while later another new gorilla was added. Sure enough the new gorilla would see the banana, start to figure out the blocks, and go up to get the banana. The others would see this and go over and beat the new gorilla. Eventually this was done until all the original gorillas were rotated out. This experiment was repeated many times, and finally its end result. Even though the none of the gorillas had ever been sprayed with water, they just new that it was always done that way. It became a part of their social programming.

So my advice to you if you are in PUA and you are trying something new and innovative. Watch you back because there are two other gorillas that have it beat into them "this is how it's always done." Don't be afraid to try new things but know that many people out there have that attitude. Same as all those people who think PUA is bullshit and you should do it the old fashioned way, even though that didn't get results. Keep in mind most of those gorillas weren't sprayed with water either, it's just the way it's always been done. Smile

PEACE & LOVE!
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 1:43 am

Agreed. I get people telling me this a lot, even other PUAs tell me, "Don't do THAT! It's AFC!" Well, I dunno, but it works QUITE well for me, so I don't care whether you think it's AFC or not. I'm sure some of you have heard of AFC Adam and how he looks like an AFC, but he's an amazing PUA. It's not what you're doing, but HOW you do it. Decide how YOU want to run your game and work on it like that, because not everyone wants to go about it the same way.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:02 am

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. I am a huge fan of past social experiments, especially when it involves a member of our primate family. I think the fact that trying something new, can induce emotions negatively just by the sheer thought of negative reinforcement being enforced is a sign of what can account for limiting beliefs. This results in consequently what many of us suffer from, now we all want to be different, but not too different. The conformity theory and such is also embedded into this social project. The new gorilla being assimilated into the new environment has thoughts of getting a treat, but that notion is rewarded with a beat down. So when the next one comes in, the previous victim is keen on not letting the new one break the cycle and succeed with a new route. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:16 am

Very true.

I also have always hated it when a company pulls that shit too. It's their f.cking policy because this is the way it's always been done. F.ck . . . grow up people and get a brain of your own . . .

Yep, this mentality saturates our society. Especially our North American society. This is yet another one of those things that we all have to overcome if we are to have any substantial success in this endeavor.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:00 am

Simply Put.....Different strokes for different folks yo....lol
Back to top Go down
christopherphilip
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
christopherphilip

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:11 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gorilla Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gorilla Theory   Gorilla Theory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gorilla Theory
Page 1 of 1