Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty Empty
PostSubject: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:07 am

Alright today in psychology I came up with a new cold-reading that you can use on an HB. It is very easy and simple. However, its a circumstance based reading. When you are at a bar or club, if the woman you are talking to happens to be drinking something. Once there glass only has half the original liquid in it that it started with you initiate this cold-reading.

Action - Pick up her glass and point to it.

PUA - "I have a question for you. Do perceive this glass/drink as being half-full or half empty?" (make sure to smile and do not show overt seriousness at this point)

HB response A: "Half full."
HB response B: "Half empty."

Her answer to the question is what you are reading. Mentally someone who views the glass as being half full will tend to see the brighter side of things. I say this because when looking at the drink, they are seeing the positive part of it. As in they see that part of it is still there. Thus the perception of positivity. Thus generally has a good out look on life. However, those who say the glass is half empty are the opposite. They have a negative outlook on life. They are viewing the negative aspect of what isn't there versus what is. With that in mind your response.

PUA to response A - "You know I think that you are positive person by nature. You see you are looking at this drink and seeing what is there versus what isn't. You are viewing it from a positive standpoint. This is cool, because people who would say it is half empty would be perceived as viewing it from a negative stand point, in the sense of what isn't there."

PUA to response B - " Wow, (laughing). You are quiet the negative person. You said that its half empty thus you are viewing it from a negative standpoint, in the sense of what isn't there. Why are you like that or is it just how much you've had to drink tonight (joking manner, C&F)."

Basically you are either telling them positive things about themselves if they answer half full. This is a factor that would make you more interesting. On the other hand, if she took the "negative" standpoint you are then making her qualify herself. Or just going cocky funny on her.

I have not field tested this. I came up with it today. I really can't field test it because I can't go to the bar. However, I hope it can be used by you over 21 folk to success Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11
PUA to be
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
PUA to be

Male Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:53 am

Sounds pretty cool ill give it a try at a party ima go to today...
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 4:59 am

Sounds good, give it some field testing and let us know how it works.

Personally, i love cold-readings...from routine based CR's to just flat out reading someone and being able to make valid statements about thier personality or calling them out on something.

However for routine based CR's the idea is this...

In a cold reading the idea is to make general statements about someone. Typically they should be positive things that no person would disagree with. Ocasioanlly you counter balance all the good stuff with a mildly negative or implied negative value statent.

Why?
Because it will cause people to further align with the positive comments you made. They will actually forget the negative comment, overlooking it because of all the wonderfully accurate nice stuff you said...

Essentially cold reading is a very thin, blurred line between bs'in and reading someone.

Here ill give you an example, this is directed at you...

"Its funny i can tell by the things you wrote here the type of character you have. I can tell your intellectual, that you like to aproach a problem and figure out the means to solve that issue and others like it. I see a inner confidence in your words that few people have. However you come accross as maybe being a young adult.

You seem to be well-rounded and enjoy going out and having fun just as much as you like staying in and relaxing. Your propably more intresting then you give yourself credit for, but you know deep down inside that you are an intresting person."

This wasnt a pre-rehersed CR, in fact half of it is just bs i made up, and half is actually things i take from what you wrote...figure'in which half is which ill leave upto u Smile

But the underlying concept is similar, keep the overture positive, add into even a pre-rehersed CR stuff you notice on the fly. The more info you have the easier the readings are, so if you do the reading 30 seconds into the set or 3 mins in can make a huge difference.

In anycase back to your post, i htink its good id try it and adjust if needed. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:20 am

Lol nice CR on me Ka. Pretty well on par. The only part of that CR that isn't correct is the "giving myself credit for". I know what kind of person I am. More so than the average person my age. It adds to my frame.

The "negative" sense though you give to her is supposed to be C&F. So you are either giving a positive CR or a C&F line. Which that C&F line is in itself a NEG. I really can't field test this, because its meant for clubs/bars which in Indiana are all 21+. Anyone who does however try this, post the results here so I can know if it was good or not.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:43 am

nuked wrote:
Lol nice CR on me Ka. Pretty well on par. The only part of that CR that isn't correct is the "giving myself credit for". I know what kind of person I am. More so than the average person my age. It adds to my frame.

The "negative" sense though you give to her is supposed to be C&F. So you are either giving a positive CR or a C&F line. Which that C&F line is in itself a NEG. I really can't field test this, because its meant for clubs/bars which in Indiana are all 21+. Anyone who does however try this, post the results here so I can know if it was good or not.

Thanks nuked, and you helped prove my point...i got most of that CR from the beginning of a book i started reading about the subject. You accepted most of it because its all vague and positive. You disregarded the negative statement i made about your being a "young adult". Instead you found something vaguely positive and kinda dismissed it while excepting everything else.

The idea is that you dont want your CR to be literally dead on, or all positive. If its "perfect" it wont work.

Yours may work well, but in my opinion you should insert positive statements into the "half-empty" answer...add a positive overture to both and a negative or C&F underlying or implied statement to both.

Dont let your age keep you from trying it, day sarge or goto a social place like the movies or something, hang out in front (get there early or stay late), maybe the mall...whatever people your age do at night, and try it.
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:51 am

I do day game. But the opportunities to practice this particular CR are very low. I made it a point for it to be situational.

The only CR I actually do is "The Cube". Its the only one I really need I just tossed that one out there to see if yall like it. My approach is for the most part natural.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Geez.. I may have to try that 2nite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 10:14 am

Let me know how that went Juice. I'm curious as to the response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty   Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Reading - Half-full/Half Empty
Page 1 of 1