Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog Empty
PostSubject: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:59 pm

Like the great quote from our favorite little green friend says it's not easy being new. I had a great discussion with a good friend and wing just the other evening after a long night out on the town. He told me that he was upset with his performance and that he knew he could do better. He was really giving himself some hardcore criticism. We are always our own worst critics, but he was giving himself an unnecessary amount. He has been in "The Game" for about two months, which is a point where a lot of guys leave the game because they don't have consistent results yet. I told him that I've been in the game for almost six months at this point, and it’s just now that I see spurts of consistent results.

I was reminded of something that Mystery said during the Style Annihilation DVD set. He was talking about mastery to his students that were sitting in front of him. He looked over at Style and asked him, "Style, you've been in this game for a long time. How long did it take you to get to something resembling mastery?" To which Style replied, "About a year to a year and a half." As I told my wing, it takes a while to get good, and Style had the best of the best around him. I continued to explain that after being in this game almost 6 months I am just now starting to see measurable results, but I still frequently have off nights.

I went on to tell him that being PUA is like learning to drive a car for the first time ever. You've seen it done all your life for the most part and it seems very simple. The first thing you have to do is read about the laws governing driving, and how to drive. You go through a period of book learning. Then you go out with someone you trust and you try to do it in the real world. Despite seeing it done for so long, and having the book knowledge we still mess up. We ride the break too much, we don't turn smoothly, can't hardly park. It's through repetition that we get better. We do it every day, and eventually over time we do it automatically without thinking. There are even times that we don't even remember doing it at all, but we still get to our destination safely. It's that automated response that takes a while to develop, but it does come.

If you are new please realize that this is not an overnight cure for your troubles with the opposite sex. This is something that is going to take some time. Sure you will probably get better results your first time out than you are used to having, but it takes time. So give yourself a fair chance to get really good at this stuff. You owe it to yourself to take the time for this.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Excellent post, i couldnt agree more. We as PUA's get caught up in measureing results in numbers and names. Its gonna take a while to get consistant results with women. For some of us longer then others dependant on how much we get out and how handicaped we started.

If your down keep in mind that PUA isnt all about women, sure its a great side effect of what we do but its not the only way to measure your self-progress. Think about how much more confident, better looking, and in control of your life you are now. I dont know about you guys, but these types of results came so fast i didnt know what to do with myself. Things i thought would take forever to change seemed to change over night. However internal changes will always be faster then inter-actionary changes.

As J said we all have bad nights...but sometimes those nights are the most educational. If you can seperate your emotional self from them and instead analyze them with your logical side...the growth will happen.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Excellent post J. Too many new guys do get discouraged too easily. Of course, many of them still will, regardless of how well we explain things to them, but maybe this will help more of them to stick in there.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Beaker
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Beaker

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:12 am

Cool post.
On a side note, I noticed a HUGE difference straight away after reading "The Game", maybe because after discovering the female mind can be hacked into by anyone gave me confidence.
Quote :
, Tell me about it!!
Back to top Go down
Introvert
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Introvert

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:25 am

Good post man
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:32 am

Glad to help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog   It's not easy being green! ~ Kermit the Frog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1