Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Calculator watch and conversation

Go down 
+5
L.A. Tripp
Briguy388
Fortunehooks1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cock Diesel
Vault Personal Trainer
Vault Personal Trainer
Cock Diesel

Male Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Calculator watch and conversation Empty
PostSubject: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:48 am

I was talking with a friend the other day about fads that we did when we were kids.. Swatch watches came up. Bibs with one strap down came up (omg), and I remembered from 3rd grade the CALCULATOR WATCH.

How rad would it be to sport one of these today? I'm not talking about wearing it with any old outfit. The point, I have sense of humor. I wear the calculator watch NOT because I might have to use it, but rather, because it is so old, and so dorky, and so well remembered.

I'd wear it with a -very- trendy and dressy outfit. It's kind of like one of those ironic things like when i wear a pink button down with a camo t-shirt over it.

Anyway, you can't just wear the watch, you have to OWN it!

I can imagine bantering with an HB. We disagree on something:
"Whoa whoa whoa. Who has the calculator watch here, Hmmm? Do YOU have the calculator watch (maybe grab her wrist). NO. You don't. I have the calculator watch (point to it). I'm the one with the calculator watch. I don't care what you have to say on this topic. Come back when you have a calculator watch, and then we'll talk" (very light hearted)

Anyway, I think you might need some sort of personality to pull it off.. but my next time out.. I'm sporting the calculator watch!!!

(I like the blue one.. It would be great if they had pink, so I could wear it with camo.
Calculator watch and conversation Paulfrank_calculator-thumb
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:37 am

"Don't even act like I can't calculate a tip more accurately than you."

Or... before you reveal it. "I'm a genius. In fact, I can multiply any two numbers. Try me." Then bust it out.

Ha, I wanted one of those so badly when I was a kid. It would only be better if you had a hypercolor tee shirt on under your dress shirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:01 am

I really like the olive green colored watch. Diesel, you have just created yourself another interesting thread to talk about with anyone, especially the HB's bro. Fads, trends, and other stuff are good things to discuss. I think I'm going to incorporate this. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Remember stussy and calvericci parachute pants?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:16 pm

I love it Diesel.

LMAO Bri. Wow . . . those pants . . .

And to think, I participated in both those trends at the time. I don't have any evidence of either one today though . . . lol.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:35 am

i saw some calc watches in a store the other day. $150!!! Maybe they are making a comeback
Back to top Go down
RoyaltyInExile
rAFC
rAFC
RoyaltyInExile

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:09 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
I love it Diesel.

LMAO Bri. Wow . . . those pants . . .

And to think, I participated in both those trends at the time. I don't have any evidence of either one today though . . . lol.

Did you ever wear neon color shirts?

Remember that store The Merry Go Round?

Tripp, would you wear a pair of Z. Cavaricci pants for peacocking?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Nope, never donned those shirts actually. The store name sounds familiar. And, I don't know that I would wear that now, even for peacocking. It just wouldn't flow with my style now. I'd be incongruent badly.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
t3h_v4rg4sm
rAFC
rAFC
t3h_v4rg4sm

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:52 pm

The saddest part is that I actually had/have one. I haven't worn it lately, but you can find a decent one for much less than $150. Mine was about $25 and is uber-geeky. The girls DO dig it, especially the girls I have a thing for (geeky/nerdy redheads).

I put my head on my hand once and my sleeve fell. She stopped mid conversation to ask me "...is that a calculator watch!?" I was naive and acted embarassed, didn't flaunt it, had no PUA skill within me. Sad

...working on it.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Funny thing is, this topic is great but kind of narrow...one of the best conversation tools is talking about naustalgic things like this.

I actually had a girl stop by yesterday, she told me her sister broke her guitar, to which i just recalled (and instictively used it as a conversation peice) Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose, a movie i had watched again and again as a child. This led to us pulling up more info online about it and even watching clips on youtube. I couldnt (and still cant) remember the name of the character who used to wear a cape and smash guitars.

She actually got really into even though i think shes too young to remember it, and then both my cousins actually got pulled in to it. Then we all started reminicing about old shows we would watch.

In any case i think things like this are an awesome idea...but 2 things need to be considered....like you said one is you must have the personailty for the item, 2 is you really have to be selective and not overdo it. For instance pet rocks were a crazy fad, but i dont see physically having one to be a good thing, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calculator watch and conversation   Calculator watch and conversation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calculator watch and conversation
Page 1 of 1