Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? Empty
PostSubject: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Seeing as how it seems we are having an influx of Philadelphianites (yes i just coined that phrase), i thought it fitting to discuss our favorite venues and spots, be it day or nite, to meet people of all kinds. We are blessed living in what physically is not a very large city, but is richly populated and has condensed areas of social hangouts. In such a city it seems you can spend years going out every weekend and never end up in the same bars. This is a double endge'd sword.

I have recently started searching for venues that i really like....the atmosphere, location, staff, and of course the other patrons. I think itd do us a great deal of good to discuss the places of interest, so that we might help each other find our regular places.

Of course in the spirit of things i will start off, however i have only found a handfull of places i really like so far, but i will update as i find other new places.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

One of the first places i have found myself enjoying is called Tiger Sharks. It is on second street pike and street road in southhampton. If your in the area its a nifty, trendy little place with a great staff and atmosphere...its got the feel of a ritzy spot from Rittenhouse square but the price of a local pub. Its never packed and never too empty but just right for me.

Another place i like for a cheap drink and a good social scene is O' Bryons at 5 points (philmont/redlion/pine rd). Its a classic pub, great food, plenty of seating. The staff is mostly older but still friendly. What really makes this place great is its affordable, laid back, and almost always packed.

Blue Martini in olde city is also a cool place. Great atmosphere, a bit small and quirky (like all bars in Olde City). The staff is average, but there are always people there. What really makes it nice is the music is never too loud, there is a very small dance floor, but its mostly a sit and talk type of place.

Paradigm in Olde City is another cool place, probably my favorite spot in Olde City. What sets it apart is its kinda like 2 places in one, split right down the middle. One side is bright with a light up dance floor and small bar, the other side is darker with seating and plenty of space to talk. Always full of people, and the staff is slightly above average.

Drinkers in Olde City or Rittenhouse (i prefer in RH) is a great place, always full, great for cheap drinks and a faux pub style. The one in RH is connected to another bar on its left, owned by the same guy but more of a lounge. The lounge is kinda slow and unknown last i was there...but drinkers is usually wall to wall people. Also tends to be a bit loud music for a pub.

The Continental in RH is a great venue, with like 3-4 floors, each one having a different flavor. I prefer the roof as it gives a great spacious vibe, tends to be a bit more quiet, and there are always plenty of people to talk to. The big downside is that bar areas are limited, so getting drinks can take for ever, and its through the roof expensive.

Thats what i got so far, what are your favorite places in philly?
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Brew pub in Manayunk - I've never found somewhere easier to open conversations, and I have brought a random girl home the last two times going there.

Plough & Stars in Old City - especially when it's warmer and you can get a table outside. There are so many people walking about that it's a piece of cake to get people to join you. Plus the service is generally HOT.

Vango in Rittenhouse - I need to explore this one more. It seemed to have great potential the one time I've been there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Karma wrote:
Brew pub in Manayunk - I've never found somewhere easier to open conversations, and I have brought a random girl home the last two times going there.

Plough & Stars in Old City - especially when it's warmer and you can get a table outside. There are so many people walking about that it's a piece of cake to get people to join you. Plus the service is generally HOT.

Vango in Rittenhouse - I need to explore this one more. It seemed to have great potential the one time I've been there.

Awsome, thanks for sharing. Ive heard of brew pub and will have to check it out...the others sound interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:31 pm

And it's an easy cab or walk from my house Smile

Also in Manayunk, Mad River is okay on a weekday. Tonic allows smoking inside, if that's your thing, and is a little more chill than Kildaire's next door...

I almost picked up a local girl at Union Jack's on Umbria, but that bar is pretty beat... she was hot though.

Ka if you hit any Manayunk bars make sure you give me a call!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Hengman
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
Hengman

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:54 pm

For night stuff:

Mars was the WORST place I've been to. Ever.

Dark Horse is pretty alright. Cool people I've met time and time again.

Continental is pretty sweet. Vango's pretty sweet. Club 27 isn't too bad.

Patou is okay. Bamboo Lounge sucks to me. I will never perform at the Roxxy or go to the Roxxy again (them stupid bodyguards there).

I've been to a lot of late night venues.

For day stuff:

I'm around Walnut St. a lot walking around, towards the direction of Rittenhouse Square. I gamed there a whole bunch of times.

I'm also around coffee shops a whole lot too. If not, I'm at Liberty during rush hour times (around 4PM or 5PM). If not, I'm probably around the Art Museum chillin' or on Broad St. walking around.

Other than that, that's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?   Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Philly, what are your favorite spots for meeting people?
Page 1 of 1