Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food Association

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:13 am

I'm terrible with names. Absolutely god-awful. I have to repeat them to myself dozens of times before I remember them. I know it's a turnoff to forget someone's name, so I either avoid it or find an excuse to make them give it again. I like the idea of just handing over my phone, as I've seen here.

I wonder if I can somehow spin this to my advantage. Sometimes in my head I'll associate a person's name with something funny. That guy's head looks like a potato. He is potato Joe. Whatever. How does this sound, just-post-open:

Me: I do have to run, but real quick. I'm terrible with names, [name or reference to group], but it helps me to associate it with something fun. Food works great. I'm Karma Souffle because if my hair isn't perfect it just falls flat on my head (or something ridiculous). You are [something cheesy/flattering/slightly neg] [and repeat for group].

If they don't like it, which they just might not immediately, suggest they give me a better one, then neg it and move on. It seems like if it works it will work better with small sets (1-2), and it's something that would have to be immediately dropped for fear the conversation could fizzle on it, but it would be an engager nonetheless.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:03 pm

It could work. Try it out.
I personally suck at names especially when its 3 names at once. I tell them I am going to say their names 100 times before I remember them. During conversation repeat their names every now and then.
Back to top Go down
PUA

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Hmm, I tried it this morning without one in mind for the girl and she turned the tables on me. Definitely need to be quicker with it. I'll practice and try again soon. She did think it was funny though, especially the Souffle bit.
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Karma wrote:
Hmm, I tried it this morning without one in mind for the girl and she turned the tables on me. Definitely need to be quicker with it. I'll practice and try again soon. She did think it was funny though, especially the Souffle bit.

"Turned the tables"? What do you mean? She made a joke back at you and it was funny and she was enjoying herself? If that's what you mean, then I don't see the problem... This isn't about being the one in control and taking all her power away, this is about having fun and connecting. As long as she wasn't being a bitch about it, then "turning the tables" could be viewed as interest.
Back to top Go down
PUA

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 am

Rye Lee wrote:
Karma wrote:

"Turned the tables"? What do you mean? She made a joke back at you and it was funny and she was enjoying herself? If that's what you mean, then I don't see the problem... This isn't about being the one in control and taking all her power away, this is about having fun and connecting. As long as she wasn't being a bitch about it, then "turning the tables" could be viewed as interest.
Oh no, not in a bad way! I just wasn't prepared enough to answer in time. I came up with something though. It actually did work out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:05 am

Karma wrote:
Rye Lee wrote:
Karma wrote:

Oh no, not in a bad way! I just wasn't prepared enough to answer in time. I came up with something though. It actually did work out pretty well.

Perfect, then it worked even better than you had hoped! That's honestly the best response you could get. You don't won't her to be dumbstruck, or insulted or anything like that, you want her to play back. Ideally you want her to give you a playful punch at the same time! Smile
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:00 am

Hey karma, my initial thoughts when reading your first post was that this has potential, then I see that you used it and it worked, so well done!
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

Food Association Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Association   Food Association I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food Association
Page 1 of 1