Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sample Craigslist Ad

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Sample Craigslist Ad Empty
PostSubject: Sample Craigslist Ad   Sample Craigslist Ad I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:00 am

I am posting this to give you guys an idea of what I write so that you can learn from it and write your own. Please don't post this exact same ad because it won't apply to you completely. Just take the ideas I have in there and use them. So this is what I post with a break down of why I wrote what I did.

I posted this on Friday and got a lot of results...I still have a few dates left to go on and this ad is still up.

Headline: Social, Outgoing, Funny, Talkative? You better be =)
(I was proud of this opening line, it's one of my better ones and seems cocky funny)

Ladies beauty is common. When you look around there are beautiful women everywhere. I need more than just a pretty face. I am so sick of talking to women who all they have going on for them is their looks and daddy's money paying for everything. I need for you to be intelligent, social, affectionate, have a descent outlook on life, energetic, and be somewhat spontaneous.
(I DHV myself a little about saying I need more than a pretty face...implying I've had cute girlfriends. ALso I get to the point of what I am looking for)

If you like to go out on the town or kick back at home and watch a good movie then I am your guy. I can go into any social setting and enjoy myself. I'm not the guy that stands by the wall all night, I'm the guy that is talking to everyone.
(This is to show I can be outgoing or laid back and that I'm social. I also make fun of the guys who aren't social showing that I'm not that way. It's like instant social proof by making fun of the guys that stand around all night. I can back it up if needed, and you know that.)

I'm 6'2, so if you are over 5'7 and can make me laugh then you are awarded instant bonus points, but don't let that go to your head.
(This gives girls an easy open. A lot of girls message me saying, "I have bonus points I'm 6' tall or 5'7" something along those lines. This is a personal preference but it's one of my criteria. Also I pepper in that neg of don't let it go to your head.)

What am I like? I'm a young professional, confident, attractive, and social. I am out with friends most weekends enjoying my time.
(About me time, I have to tell them something about myself, but I don't want to brag and I don't need a book. Keep it simple so it's not overwhelming)

Also I have a large family that I'm close with, and that is important to me. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them, and it seems some people don't understand that. I hope that you will.
(Another DHV spike time...this is purely in her for DHV purposes. People seeking LTRs think family life is important and it is.)

I love my career and I work hard at it because it's so rewarding. When the whistle blows its time to relax. I know what I want in life, I know how to get there, and I have the means to do it.
(Most guys are typical AFC and when they get a woman won't shut up about work. I am showing I'm not that guy and I like to have fun. More DHV stuff)

I know this doesn't seem like this should be all that hard to find, but ladies it's tougher then you might think. Do us both a favor click over there and send me a message with your photo.
(I'm just calling the reader to action to message me. She knows what I want, she knows who I am, she's had a few of the attraction spikes flipped and now its time to tell her to act on what she feels.)

*I included the same picture I used for my present avatar but obviously the full sized version*
( This is there because most ads without pics they assume the worst about you, no matter how well you describe yourself. )

Hope this gives you some insight into how I write my ads by tearing this one apart. I like to go ahead and DHV in my ads because most of the dumb guys that post don't do that. Why not go ahead and start flipping her attraction switches with the first thing she reads, why wait until you talk later? Doesn't make sense does it. That's why I go ahead and act like I'm in A2 because let's face it the moment she reads your ad it's like being opened to a degree.

Now for fun let's look at a few posts that some people in my area wrote and figure out what he did wrong. IF it seems like I'm being an ass it's because I am to imbed the point of what look like okay ads are really not that good. I know they aren't that good because I posted stupid shit like this before too. Smile

Headline: Come Meet Me :-) 28

Looking for that one special girl that's so hot that no one will approach to find out that you are an intelligent, kind, caring, and compassionate person... I want to talk to you and I know you want to talk to me too... Hope your reading this... ttyl bye!

Okay, not a bad headline at all. I like how he ripped off my smiley, LOL. Looking for that one special girl, but he doesn't describe her all that much. That no one will approach, this guy is an AFC to boot, maybe I should help him, NOT! Okay, but he makes an attempt to describe what he wants. Then he goes into communication being important but doesn't say that so well. He doesn't have much confidence in himself and it shows. He uses Internet slang of TTYL, that's not so good, write an ad like you'd write a business letter. Women do check for proper spelling, and grammar believe it or not. If you don't believe me ask Paramour.

NEXT!!!

HEADLINE: Trying - 22

I don't know where to begin, so here it goes! I love my career as a Deputy Sheriff in my hometown, I love to help others and try to be a positive influence for the younger generations. I have had my bad relationships but haven't we all? I love the outdoors camping, fishing, hiking, boating and sports! I love Summer and the beach (which I don't visit often enough). I want it all one day but for now I'm just taking it one step at a time. If you want to know anymore hit me up I've got myspace!

Okay not a good start. "Trying" what the hell is that, where is your balls. "I don't know where to begin, so here goes.!" Are you jumping in a pool to swim the first time or what? So many ads start out this way that men and women post on sites like this, Yahoo, Match,.com, etc. This is so common on these sites it gives me mental pain when I see it.

He things his career is a DHV...ooops. Helping other and being a positive influence, spare me the commercial but it's not a bad start. Who hasn't had a bad relationship? He's using this to try and build comfort and rapport with people not make himself more attractive.

Now we get to hear what he likes. He doesn't even say what he's looking for. He did put in 3 photos (Good Effort). NEXT!!!

Headline: Hurry, I wont be single long - 34

Hey there!

SWM,
Fit,
Fun,
Active,
Romantic,
Generous,
Passionate,
Adventerous,
Intelligent,
Hard working,
Cultured,
Traveled,

The list could go on... but I am here to attract the right person not run them off (HA ha). If your interested let me know

Okay great headline it got my attention. AND then the big ad no no he made a flipping list, and he didn't say what he was looking for. I'm not going to spend much time on this. He's mostly relying on his looks to get women, good luck with that dude! He then includes 3 pictures of himself, and he's a descent looking guy in good shape. Just one more example.

Headline: Real good man looking for real good lady in Nashville

I dont know if I will actually meet a real person on here, it appears that the spammers have taken over, the people that respond back with some generic email, re-routing the communication lines usually to a gmail account, and then want you to sign up to link, which is associated to some affiliate program that they are signed up with, and in turn they make money for every sign up they generate. This is very bad but the way it seems to be going now. But at any rate I will post an ad hoping to find a real person that is truly looking for companionship from a real guy like myself.

I am attractive, 6'5, 220 lbs, I have brown hair and green eyes. I am single and looking for a single female who is pretty, has a nice shape and is looking for someone to treat them like a lady. I have a variety of interests which include music, sports, romance, politics, pets, writing, playing guitar, and helping other people. I also really like romance, hugs, kisses, snuggling and cuddling with the right person.

I am employed, with no drama attached, drug free and disease free, and looking for the same. Kids are not a problem, I have one of my own and I love kids. They are a blessing from god. If you would like to get to know me further, please respond back, include a pic and tell me a little about yourself. *NO PICTURE*

This is a very typical headline, still not terrible, just common. He uses his first paragraph to complain instead of get the girls attention. I didn't really want to read that, we know how it is on craigslist, but thanks for reminding your readers. Don't forget who your audience is.

He then goes into his looks, however, if I was that confident why not a picture? He doesn't say much about what he's looking for either which is a big trend I see on here, so don't follow it. He talks about his interests and instead of saying something cool about all those things he lists them, I don't have to tell you how I feel about list. People don't really pay attention to a list they typically skim over them. The next line is sweet but to me seems like he just wants to get laid. Anyone else agree?

He then goes on to DHV himself saying he's employed and has a kid. Okay, not sure how that helps, it's good he has a job but most people tend to. Kids, I can appreciate and respect that he's up front about having a kid, some people aren't. Anyways, it looks like an innocent ad but it just doesn't catch my attention. The reason I rip on these ads is to point out the flaws made so you dont repeat them, and secondly so that you can learn from them. If you want a good laugh browse your local Craigslist personal ads, and you can very easily figure out how to stand out from the rest.
Back to top Go down

Sample Craigslist Ad
Page 1 of 1