Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Social Robots by Style

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Social Robots by Style Empty
PostSubject: Social Robots by Style   Social Robots by Style I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:38 pm

Have you ever noticed that there's something strange about a lot of sargers?

It's as if you look at a guy, and you can just TELL that something is missing.

And some of these guys even do amazing in the field. They get great reactions most of the time, and sometimes even #s and !s. But, at the same time, they NEVER seem to have a girlfriend.

Most of the guys I know are like this. And there are a few reasons why: First, it goes back to one of my cardinal rules: The best way to sarge is to have something BETTER to do than to sarge. Some guys give up everything -- school, work, even GFs -- to learn to sarge better. But all these things ALLOW you to sarge better, because they make you a more COMPLETE person.

A problem I've noticed amongst some of the most dedicated posters here, especially those who got into ASF in their teens or early 20s,, is that they have INVENTED themselves through this theory. They are, to some degree, SOCIAL ROBOTS. And, after a great 20 minute set, it begins to show through to an HB that you don't have anything MORE going for you. The other problem with being a social robot is that you start to thing that everyone else around you is one too, and begin to read TOO MUCH into their actions.

Here's another thing Social Robots do: They treat Women completely differently than they treat Men. If they are around women, even at a lunch for work, they feel a stange shot of adrenaline and feel as if they have to sarge. Interactions with women are no longer normal; they become special occasions to feel a sense of self-worth. Your self-esteem is contantly at the mercy of the reactions of women.

Social robots also stop seeing value in things that are non-PU related, such as books and movies and even friends that they can't learn about PU from.

So, what I'm trying to say in short is that ASF and the PU lifestyle can give you SO much -- I know it's given me so much -- but it can take away a lot too. You can end up becoming just a one-dimensional person, a social robot.

The solution is to put your life back into balance; spend just an hour a day reading ASF/PU-related material; spend just three nights or afternoons a week sarging or hanging out with PUAs. Alternate PUA reading with good literature. Make it a HOBBY. And focus a greater share of your efforts on the job/achievements/success you want in life. If you can make something of yourself, the HBs will come and what you've learned here will prepare you to deal with them.

There's a book on cold-reading that basically breaks down all problems to Health, Wealth and Relationships. And each have an Internal and External component. (This btw is the book where Mystery got his theory on this from.) And you need to start DIVIDING your attention between ALL of these to be successful in any single one.

A lot of guys always ask how I got good so quickly. And I think that in addition to all the awesome things (like Mystery's workshop) that changed my life, I was well-rounded and interested in people to start with. So when I ran out of routines, I could still be INTERESTING and INTERESTED. Those two words in caps right there are, I think, the special sauce that can prevent a lot of flaking that guys here seem to get.

Oh, and here are some other things Social Robots do:

--They think that everything that a HB says to them that isn't 100 percent positive is a "shit test."
--They think that if an HB is busy on the one night they ask her out, then it's a personal insult and must be dealt with using "anti-flake" measures.
--They panic if they run out of "material" during a conversation with a woman.
--They see all other males who are interacting with women as AMOGs who must be destroyed.
--They cannot discuss a woman without asking first, "What's her rating?"

I could go on. But you get the point...

(And, hey, I have no illusions: I've been guilty of being a social robot just like everyone else here.)

Style

{heres part 2}

Wow, lots of good responses here -- and honest ones. I think this post from IN10SE actually answers a lot of your questions, especially with what he says about PUA being a skillset and not an identity. And he is correct on the Cold Reading book I mention: Completely Cold is the title. It's about eight pages long, and it actually works.

London asked about a solution: Besides what IN10SE says, you have to learn this all like you'd learn bodybuilding. It's not just about weight-lifting in the gym, it's also about eating and sleeping right. In other words, taking care of yourself. So PU, as I see it, is actually not just about sarging, as I've said before. It's about lifestyle. And it's not just about girls, it's about yourself.

The problem is that the Social Robot learns the program. And the program only really lasts, as best I can tell, for the first 15 to 20 minutes or so. After that, you must rely on character and intuition. And these take time and experience to learn. In other words, I can take ANY guy. And I can tell him EXACTLY what to say and when. And he can get a girl VERY interested in a short amount of time.

But a social robot will have NO day 2 game; he will have a lot of phone numbers, but no gfs or even regular FBs. The theory these days on here is that it takes roughly seven hours to go from beginning to end. That's a lot of time for a HB to tell if you're CONGRUENT and have something more going for you.

So what's the solution? Here are a few things I can think of off the top of my head:

-Make ASF a hobby, not a lifestyle.
-Realize that you are not superior than anyone else because of ASF knowledge
-Hang around with people/groups who are more experienced/well-rounded than you (as opposed to clones or sycophants)
-Have an ambition for yourself, and take the steps necessary to achieve it (Having direction and ambtion is a huge plus both on and off the field.)
-Get a girlfriend, especially if you've never had one. Even allow yourself to fall in love at some point; it's a beautiful thing, though we all fear it because it makes us vulnerable.
-If you're around college age, figure out your IDEAL work, then get an internship at that place; few will deny free labor.
-Travel, meet people, be open to new experiences
-Stop blowing off meetings with girl you've met so you can "sarge more"
-In general, spend more time in the company of women. All women are not either MLTRs, FBs, or Pivots. Some make awesome friends.
-As they always say, live in your own reality and don't seek the approval of others.
-When you do sarge, try, every so often, just letting go and being in the moment. You may not succeed as well as with structure or routines, but you'll learn something.
-Pursue a hobby or activity you love that's completely not related to sarging .
-Learn to love enjoying the company of people WITHOUT either wanting anything from them or needing to be the center of attention. If you don't love people, women, and yourself -- all three -- you will never get great at this. You'll find, that the more you groom yourself as a complete human being, that it's ALL ultimately related to sarging.

And, at the same time, YES, you should keep learning here and you should keep practicing in the field. But just step back every so often, and ask yourself: Am I turning into a social robot? Hope this isn't too meandering, and answers the questions above. And, looking back over it, some may sound even AFCish, but nothing you do will ever be AFC if you are making your choices for yourself...

Style
Back to top Go down

Social Robots by Style
Page 1 of 1