Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strategies for de-stressing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Strategies for de-stressing Empty
PostSubject: Strategies for de-stressing   Strategies for de-stressing I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:53 am

If you’re like most people, you’ve learned to bottle up "unacceptable" emotions, such as anger, fear, frustration, and grief. Sometimes, of course, the cap slips off. Then these emotions are let loose at high intensity, though not necessarily in the right direction. One safe way to decant any emotions—even the most hurtful, terrifying, or sad feelings—is journal writing. A blank sheet of paper and a pen can offer enormous release and insight into hidden conflicts.

- Mini-relaxations can help allay fear and reduce pain while you sit in the barber chair or lie on a chair next to a pool. They’re equally helpful in thwarting stress before an important meeting, while stuck in traffic, or when faced with people or situations that annoy you.

- Writing it out and down. A single attempt is not enough, though. When you first sit down to write about a problem, you may feel more anxious. The wound, once exposed, may initially hurt more than it did while hidden. But continuing to write about the same problem over the course of several days often enables you to work through difficult emotions and reach resolution.

- Massage anyone? Whether it’s for therapeutic reasons or purely for pleasure, massage offers the comforts of a warm touch and release from muscle tension. Massage also lowers blood pressure and heart rate and may enhance certain measures of immune function. Massage can lessen depression, anxiety, and fatigue than women/men who didn’t receive massages regularly.

- Affirmations. Affirmations are statements that express love, acceptance and a joyous vision for your self and your life. A stream of positive thoughts can drown out more negative ones.
The more often you repeat an affirmation, the more likely you are to believe it and act on it.
Here are some examples to enlighten those:
"I can do this."
"I am doing my best."
"I am calm."
"I deserve respect."
"Week by week, I am growing healthier and stronger."
"I can relax my body."
"I am a loving, caring person."

- Social Support. Confidants, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, relatives, and spouses or companions intertwine a life-enhancing social net. Their support may involve assistance or may be largely emotional.Not surprisingly, the quality of relationships counts. In suggestion, negative ones—an embattled marriage or a draining caretaking arrangement—can be more harmful than helpful.

- I am sure there are more positve methods to overlay stress habits, but these are just a few and if there are any suggestions, I would really like to hear yours. Thanks

-Par
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for de-stressing   Strategies for de-stressing I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:18 am

Those are some great tips Par! Everyone let's the cap off and the steam comes rushing our every now and then.

Almost all the bodily function we have are not able to be controlled consciously like our digestive system, heart beat, etc. However, we can control our breathing. It's a funny thing about breathing because you can consciously control it and the immediately turn it back over to your body to control. As the wise Mr. Miyagi said, "When you feel life is going out of focus, return to all basis of life...breathing." Closing your eyes coupled with deep breathing is a great relaxation technique. When you do just focus the air flowing over your nose and your chest expanding, and nothing else. Smile
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for de-stressing   Strategies for de-stressing I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:18 am

Exercise is my stress reliever.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for de-stressing   Strategies for de-stressing I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:58 am

~Meg~ wrote:
Exercise is my stress reliever.

That and sex! Oh, and chocolate . . . lol
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for de-stressing   Strategies for de-stressing I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:00 pm

JSmooth wrote:
Those are some great tips Par! Everyone let's the cap off and the steam comes rushing our every now and then.

Almost all the bodily function we have are not able to be controlled consciously like our digestive system, heart beat, etc. However, we can control our breathing. It's a funny thing about breathing because you can consciously control it and the immediately turn it back over to your body to control. As the wise Mr. Miyagi said, "When you feel life is going out of focus, return to all basis of life...breathing." Closing your eyes coupled with deep breathing is a great relaxation technique. When you do just focus the air flowing over your nose and your chest expanding, and nothing else. Smile

On the contrary J, Breathing is both voluntary and involuntary. Whether we are awake or asleep, the continuity of our breathing is ensured by the lower centers of the brain. On the other hand, higher centers regulate the conscious control of the breath for speaking, singing or doing breathing exercises. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for de-stressing   Strategies for de-stressing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strategies for de-stressing
Page 1 of 1