Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning vs. Going Out

Go down 
+2
L.A. Tripp
JSmooth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Learning vs. Going Out Empty
PostSubject: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:24 am

Let's face it there are enough books, articles, posts, and videos about PUA or dating that you could sit in the house for the next 30 years reading this stuff and never ever leave the house. I don't care what it is that you study. You can study Savoy, Mystery, Style, Ross Jeffries, David DeAngelo, Tyler Durden, or anyone else. Any descent dating guru is going to tell you to get off your butt and go out! There are too many guys that fall in the trap of learning and not going out. Let's say it's a slow day and you watch a 5 minute Mystery Video on Youtube today. Then take yourself out and try and apply what you've learned. Once you've applied it then go back to learning. Keep with this cycle.

I've talked about this before and I can't emphasize the point enough. Extramask brought it up on his radio show today, and it got me on a rant. The more I think about the guys I know in my city who have a lot of book knowledge but never leave the crib, the more upset I become. They just don't get it!

When I'm in set and I mention to women that I'm a dating consultant they are always suprised at my age of 26. Women are always saying that I'm young to be doing this, and question the credibility. This isn't just women but others that visit my site as well. You can learned a whole lot by going out as much as I do. I think I have some 75 field reports I've wrote and many that I haven't from other nights out. I wouldn't be suprised that since October when I started this that I've been out over 100 times to sarge. Most people go out once or twice a month, and then when they get a # they'll stop, and focus on that girl. So let's say the average American guy goes out 3 times a month and 12 months in a year 36 times. I go out 3 nights a week on the average x 52 weeks in a year, 156 times a year. Okay, I am out 5 times as much almost. When I explain that to most women they can quickly agree how I've gained the knowledge.

I'm not saying don't learn new material and incorporate things. In conclusion, what I am saying is that if what you know isn't working for you then learn something else, and slowly apply it to make it work. If what you know does work, then get off your butt and in the field. Learn a little bit of information, and get your butt out there. If you're happy with your relationship status then great! But I would think most of us are on this forum because we want something more. She's not going to just show up at your door one day, so go find her, attract her, build comfort, and then build a relationship!
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:03 am

Excellent post J.

Studying is great, but can NEVER replace time in the field.

You HAVE to find that balance. That is . . . unless you don't want to grow and hit the next level . . .
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
DTM
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
DTM

Male Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:55 am

damn dude i go out wednesday, friday, and saturday EVERY WEEK. I'm probably the bar's most frequent customer then! Laughing there are only a few regulars out at the bars, and they arent even out as much as i am. Well what can i say....i love playin pool and dancing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/DTM_rwd
RussianStar
PUA
PUA
RussianStar

Male Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:33 am

What i did is i got like 5 mentors.. Tripp included.. all excelled in PUA.. i read the handbook, MM, and Double your Dating.. ON approach, i went out and sarged, but only approached.. i followed every step of the M3 model until i could do each step consistently
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:12 pm

RussianStar wrote:
What i did is i got like 5 mentors.. Tripp included.. all excelled in PUA.. i read the handbook, MM, and Double your Dating.. ON approach, i went out and sarged, but only approached.. i followed every step of the M3 model until i could do each step consistently

That's a good way to do it!
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Smooth it is my opinion that both are essential to advancement. Personally, I study some stuff, and audition it in the field. In most cases, she has brought what I am selling, but I am not buying anything. Here's the gist, that when your infield sours, although you have studied on what you did in field how do you respond to that is vital. Personally, every unaccepted feedback is a brick in my palace. This is what I think holds most guys back from truly going forward in the game, the risk of getting unaccepted feedback, so they just learn,learn and never apply. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Fortunehooks1 wrote:
This is what I think holds most guys back from truly going forward in the game, the risk of getting unaccepted feedback, so they just learn,learn and never apply. peace, love and succe SS

You always have a good point to bring! I agree both are critical to success but a lot of people get hung up on the learning portion. I can't recall how many countless posts I've read from newbies in scene that say I have to read, "The Game, Venusian Arts Handbook, Mystery Method, etc, etc" and then I'll go out. I agree with you that a lot of people have the fear of failure and unacceptable feedback.
Back to top Go down
bigP
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
bigP

Male Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:40 am

Great Stuff J I couldn't agree more. I'm guilty of this! I gotta sarge I go out so much, but I have to approach!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Big P, I am going to share with you a tip that will help you along the way. The term sarge, seems like you are doing something as a chore, instead label it {good vibrations} Good vibrations is what in essence you are trying to spread to every daily interaction. I never go out anywhere to sarge, I go out to spread good vibrations, baby.

Jsmooth, thank you my brother for appreciating my "fortune knows best" phrases and sentiments(joke) I think when new guys become aware of the community these books have been marketed by guys who are already in the know. So in essence to not feel like they are lacking basic pick-up 101 knowledge, new guys feel the need to prove themselves by reading,reading,and reading. Where it should be read, feedback,feedback,read,read,feedback,feedback,etc. I recall playing video games like Madden Nba LIve against the computer , in the hopes of having an advantage on my human counterparts. This drive to have a working advantage against the competition is what I akin to new guys reading more than appliying. In my scenario, I was playing against the computer,i.e. no real competiton. So I never really had a gauge as to how all my practice paid off until I went up against a human opponent. New guys need to go up against human opponents(motos) members of the opposite sex to gauge if all the reading paid off. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Very good analogy Fortune, and way to drive the point home.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
bigP
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
bigP

Male Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:06 am

Thanks fortune! Alright so from now on I'm goin Good Vibrationz!
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:51 am

bigP wrote:
Thanks fortune! Alright so from now on I'm goin Good Vibrationz!

That's cool I just call it partying!
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:11 am

Thank you all gentlemen. Good vibrations. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning vs. Going Out   Learning vs. Going Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning vs. Going Out
Page 1 of 1