Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Increasing Typing Speed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiction
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
Fiction

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Increasing Typing Speed Empty
PostSubject: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:10 pm

I have decided that I would like to increase my speed as a typist. I am all for making initial investments if they pay out, and I think a good program for improving typing speed would be great. It's not that my current typing speed is bad, just that it could be better--a lot better. When I see some typists fly on the keyboard with zero typos per billion keystrokes, I am in awe. However, I'm too sure about how to go about doing this. Being the slimy thief that I am, I have DLed Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, and I think I may embark on improving with that. haven't used the program however, and am not sure how well it works. Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 5:09 pm

I type as fast as 80WPM, and it is pretty well required for my job at a computer company. You can always go to www.typingtest.com. There is a free trial of their program and I know it does a good job. Mavis Beacon is what I used to learn how to type when I was younger, and I remember it being a pretty cool program. Since you have it downloaded it would work out I think.
Back to top Go down
Fiction
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
Fiction

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:53 pm

JSmooth wrote:
I type as fast as 80WPM, and it is pretty well required for my job at a computer company. You can always go to www.typingtest.com. There is a free trial of their program and I know it does a good job. Mavis Beacon is what I used to learn how to type when I was younger, and I remember it being a pretty cool program. Since you have it downloaded it would work out I think.

Do you think finger placement is particularly important? I have a tendency to type with four fingers typically (occasionally I'll use the ring finger, but rarely).

I was actually recommended typingtest.com by another person. I haven't tried it yet, but just spitballing I'd guess that my WPM is around 30-40.

I would like to increase my speed to at least 60 WPM ideally. A lot of people have given me the advice to just practice, practice, practice. But even Tiger Woods had to clean up his golf stroke for a year or two, only to come back stronger than ever.
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm

Finger placement is key. Learning to use the home keys of asdf - jkl; is key to becoming a faster typist I think. Although my father uses 4 finger and has gotten up to 60WPM but can't really get any faster. I'm sure you can get faster just through learning to use those finger over and over again, but I encourage home key finger placement.
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:49 pm

48WPM...man i suck
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:25 pm

90WPM at 93% accuracy, but remember all I do is type all day long.

Increasing Typing Speed Untitl10
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:22 am

I agree. Home key placement is key.

My results:

Test completed - here are your results:
Net Speed: 55 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 94%
Gross Speed: 58 WPM
(words/minute)
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:26 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
I agree. Home key placement is key.

My results:

Test completed - here are your results:
Net Speed: 55 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 94%
Gross Speed: 58 WPM
(words/minute)

That's pretty good man!
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:14 am

LOL, yeah . . . only about half way to you bro, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Typing Speed   Increasing Typing Speed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Increasing Typing Speed
Page 1 of 1