Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading People

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Reading People Empty
PostSubject: Reading People   Reading People I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 5:27 pm

I've learned a lot of things in my journey towards becoming a PUA. I've been focusing on NLP, psychology and how to read/communicate with people to the fullest.

People are always asking whether the principles that you learn in PUA have any use other places in life and I will tell you every time that they do, cause there is limitless potential to how you can use the skills you build. Right now I'm gonna give you a very solid example though.

I still have 1 bedroom in a 3 bedroom apt that I am trying to rent (contact me if you live in Calgary and are interested in free lessons), so this guy came by tonight to look at the place. Seemed like a good guy from the start, he's in construction, so he has certain characteristics that I expect, such as not being very quick with his words (pretty common, but not saying all trades people are this way, I'm not for instance, nor is my step-father). This guy kept doing small things though, things that 6 months ago, I wouldn't have noticed, such as the way he would look when he was telling stories, the way he would take his time saying something, but when he did say it, it made me want to think of him as a good guy that I'd get along with. But at the same time, I could see that there were things going on in his head, like he was taking note of certain things that I said and filing them away. Not to mention the way that he held the baseball bat that was lying on the floor in the bedroom made me quite uneasy.

I'm quite sure that his intention is to rob me of as much as he can make off with, when he gets the chance. Rent was gonna be $400 for the rest of the month, so he said he had $100 to give me right now, could give me another $200 on monday with an advance from his boss and would have money for next month's rent, of $440 as well. Funny thing, is that he got paid today or yesterday, but he doesn't seem to have the money for rent now.

Before I started paying attention to all the little things that people do, I might have been fooled, or I might have felt uneasy and figured it out, but thanks to what I have learned, there's no way I'm being duped. Thanks for saving me from having some of the most important things in the world stolen from me PUA, cause losing my music collection, my movie/tv collection and my art collection would have destroyed me.
Back to top Go down

Reading People
Page 1 of 1