Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't Write Wood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Don't Write Wood Empty
PostSubject: Don't Write Wood   Don't Write Wood I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:30 pm

Don’t Write Wood

I’ve got a few interesting questions that I’ll be answering here on the blog over the next couple of days from a woman that calls herself… the Hot Alpha Female.

Should be fun.

Anyway, back on the ranch.

I was on the phone with Scot McKay the other day… pretty much just shooting the $*!@ during a decently long drive when we got talking about a video that he said he saw online the other day.

Apparently, two guys were having a contest to see who could bring home the most phone numbers after a night out on the town.

Now, I didn’t see the videos, but according to Scot… our two heroes seemed to be getting phone numbers left and right.

On closer look, one can understand why.

Do you want to know the opener that these guys were using?

So, just give me your number and I’ll let you know where our band is playing next week

Again, I didn’t SEE the video but, regardless… this illustrates a great point.

How many of these phone numbers are QUALITY numbers? Think about it, neither of these guys was even IN a band (unless I misheard the story)…

The perfect flake set up.

Look, if you’re getting phone numbers and contact information without really having a solid reason… you’re writing WOOD.

What’s WOOD?

WOOD… in sales and marketing terms… is a dead lead.

It’s pretty easy to steamroll someone into giving you their number or email address. The problem: people can sense when you’re VALUING the acquisition of contact information.

DON’T WRITE WOOD.

Gone are the days of “gimme your number and maybe we’ll get together sometime”.

Step it up there, McFly.

Solidify that lead… set that appointment right then if possible.

Something low key and pressure free… and FUN.

Let me clarify something… I’m no *&@# guru… I just know what works for me and the other guys that I know that are great with women.

Don’t just go for contact info…

Remember, it’s MUCH EASIER to give a woman a call to confirm a date (or hanging out… or whatever you call it) than it is to create a date out of thin air.

So… show some balls and ask her to have fun with you right now… don’t be satisfied with JUST a number.

Oh, and another thing… having a phone number contest might not be the best thing for you in the long run. Think about it, if you and your buddy are out having this contest… you’ll be so wrapped up in the phone number game that you’ll likely miss out on the “I’m-horny-and-ready-for-you-to-take-me-home-game”

My motto: Quality over quantity anyday.

The eerie truth, when you focus on quality… quantity soon follows… with quality women Smile

It’s your move.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Don't Write Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Write Wood   Don't Write Wood I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:18 pm

I see this happening a lot on other forums. Guys will go out and say well I got a phone number in 3 minutes with her, and then I ejected. That's freaking "wood!" I know wood when I see it. I was in car sales for several years, and rose to the rank of Sales Manager very quickly because I developed a loyal customer base, and follow up system. It's really easy to get a number. A lot of times girls will give you a number just as a way to get rid of you. Think about it you got this annoying guy bother you for 3-4 minutes, just give him your number, and use caller ID later to screen the call.

On the other hand when you take the time and build attraction with your target, then in comfort ask for their number you will easily get it, and then you make sure to spend a few more minutes with them afterwards to make them feel good about it. You don't want to get a number then run off to your buddies like "Look what I did!" You want to get her number then continue talking to her like its no big deal. Why? Because when you call her she'll be comfortable talking to you.

When you get her number inside 3 minutes you don't know jack shit about the girl. I see all the time on other forums, "What do I say when I call her? I got her number after a few minutes and I don't know what to say." No shit! You don't know anything about her, how can you possibly know what to talk about. You have to build more attraction and comfort on the phone somehow, before you can even setup the day 2.

Quality of Quantity! DON'T WRITE WOOD!!!

For a better definition of what wood is like please see the movie "Boiler Room" with Vin Deisel, Giovanni Rimbisi, and Ben Affleck.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Don't Write Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Write Wood   Don't Write Wood I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm

I echo J's comments here.

You know, I can get the phone number of half the girls in any given venue at any given time. Doesn't mean anything. And, there are in fact a lot of times that I specifically DON'T number close a girl. Obviously that makes her look at me differently too.

Of course, don't let this post make you think a girl's number is NEVER worth anything. If you get the number in the RIGHT way, it's worth quite a bit to you. Whether that be as a pivot, wing, FB, g/f, or w/e.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Don't Write Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Write Wood   Don't Write Wood I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:17 am

Haha, this is vital!! I once was a wood writer, and may even be one in the next hour, but I am not in denial about it. In fact, I have gone the extra length to remove the habit of writing wood altogether. For the most part, what I have begun to do is develop my Three R theory, "Revert, Recall, Reveal" I started thinking about this about two weeks ago, and finally labeled. I shall have a post in more detail about the theory pretty soon. Peace, Love, and success.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Don't Write Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Write Wood   Don't Write Wood I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 am

I look forward to that post from you man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don't Write Wood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't Write Wood   Don't Write Wood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't Write Wood
Page 1 of 1