Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do

Go down 
+2
RoyaltyInExile
AFC Juan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AFC Juan
New Forum Member
New Forum Member
AFC Juan

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do Empty
PostSubject: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:19 am

So I texted a HB8 who's # I got:

me: "What do you call a fish with no eyes?""
her: idk lol
me: a ffffsssshhhh
no response... one hour later
her: LOL hey sorry im busy at the gym'
me: no prob, can you talk later? im a lil busy too now lol jus wanna say hi
her: sure u can text me anytime Smile

The main problem here is that I was asking to TALK.. and she said I can txt her anytime. What do I do in this situation?
Back to top Go down
RoyaltyInExile
rAFC
rAFC
RoyaltyInExile

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 am

If anyone asks me about texting or IMs, i tell them I don't do either. I prefer to talk to my friends. I find typing to people a waste of time in general. Although it's too late for you to tell this girl that, you might want to start from now on. BTW, this isn't some type of pick up technique, it's just my policy.
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 am

You need to avoid questions like, "can I call you." It makes you seem needy, especially if you don't have an excellent rapport already built. Instead, just call her.

A girl I am dating now told me about a guy she met the same night as she met me. She gave us both her number. I was strong and direct, where he was probably only good looking. I took charge of the situation, while he went to a different bar with his friends and texted her later to invite her over. I had her in bed within an hour of meeting her, while he just texted her all night asking where she was.

The point is that texting at all doesn't show a lot of balls, and you need to be very careful how you use them. Use a text to make somebody laugh, to tease them, or to lightly communicate, but throwing her a message that screams "I lack confidence" over a medium that takes no courage to use doesn't really do you any favors. Just call. Don't worry about her response; it makes you seem needier still. Just be strong and don't ask permission to be a man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 am

Karma wrote:
You need to avoid questions like, "can I call you." It makes you seem needy, especially if you don't have an excellent rapport already built. Instead, just call her.

A girl I am dating now told me about a guy she met the same night as she met me. She gave us both her number. I was strong and direct, where he was probably only good looking. I took charge of the situation, while he went to a different bar with his friends and texted her later to invite her over. I had her in bed within an hour of meeting her, while he just texted her all night asking where she was.

The point is that texting at all doesn't show a lot of balls, and you need to be very careful how you use them. Use a text to make somebody laugh, to tease them, or to lightly communicate, but throwing her a message that screams "I lack confidence" over a medium that takes no courage to use doesn't really do you any favors. Just call. Don't worry about her response; it makes you seem needier still. Just be strong and don't ask permission to be a man.

Well put!!
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:46 am

Im going to go a slighter different angle. I think calling IS important, but I love texting.

A friend did a 'study' (survey one day in the city) and went around asking if women prefer texting or calling. he said the older (more mature) the girls got the more they wanted to do phone calls.
He said that due to a rise in technology dependands that texting is becoming much more of a norm and acceptable thing to do. But i will say for a first contact i like to call, then text everytime.

also texting can be done anytime (work,club,holidays....)
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:56 am

Matt, don't get me wrong here; I may have been unclear. I text all the time. I've texted girls I have never called before, and I think texts are great.

But in this instance, it's the wrong move. Texting to ask if you can call, after being ignored for a significant amount of time, shows that he has been waiting with baited breath. Not alpha, and not impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:47 am

ah true. sorry i misunderstood your post. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

I agree, texting in and of itself is simply the norm today. Might as well accept that fact now and roll with it. I send and receive texts all the time.

In this case, she didn't like the joke you started with. Yes, for the next contact, call her. If she blows you off for that one, distance yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do   Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmm.. help? Dont know what to do
Page 1 of 1