Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new book.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:32 pm

I should have this released at some point next year. I will have a copy on the forum for the vault members.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chronicles of Terra

Screams echoed across the valley and the once beautiful village of Farwood was being torn apart by wild flames. A cloaked figure emerges from the darkness, his wrinkled hands gripping firmly to his sturdy but worn staff. The unavoidable sound of young and old being slaughtered by an unknown enemy calls him down the smoldering street. Without warning a white hot fire ball sped towards the elderly wizard. He thrusts his staff out in front of him, his staff creating a powerful purple sphere of light around him which stopped the projectile with a thunderous clash. In a loud and commanding voice he shouts “How dare you emotionless monsters threaten the village I come to call home!” A domineering voice drew the wizards attention to a silhouette hovering In front of the imposing Demos moon “Surrender to us Hendrix, you cannot win!”

The wizard's wise and focused gaze met with those of the assailant. Hendrix pulled his staff back with great strain as if it was drawing on some unseen force before casting it rapidly forward, the end exploding with power and shooting a fearsome bolt of lightning. It hit dead on target and shook the enemy violently. “I see your metallic body doesn't respond too well to lightning Arithma” gloated Hendrix. After a brief moment Arithma recovered and launched in to a flurry of attacks, the opponents fought full force, fire and lightening illuminating the night sky as the pair dueled before eventually Arithma landed a direct hit which rendered Hendrix unconscious.

Nearby a child lay in hiding watching with fear. He knew that his hiding spot wouldn't be safe for long but there was no way his small elven body could fight these monstrous beings. Suddenly His shelter exploded and fire surrounded him. “Kinsley”, He thought he could hear his name being called but it sounded distant and muffled. Then the being emerged through the flames, the heat seeming to have no effect her. She looked nearly human in figure though nearly a foot taller than any Kinsley had seen. She purple shoulder length hair danced gracefully by the thermals of the fire undamaged by the flames. Her eyes were now black and emotionless but her mouth was starting to form a sick smile. She wore very little clothes but nearly half of her body seemed to have been replaced my advanced mechanical parts. She slowly raised the weapon in her right arm to face directly at the terrified child. “Kinsley” That voice again but this time it was clearer and sounded like it was coming from just a few feet away. The Weapon started to light up and vibrate with an intense yet controlled force.
The weapon created a blinding flash and at this moment Kinsley heard his name called again but much louder than before. He jolted violently.

His eyes opened and he he felt a sigh of relief as before him he he saw the warm smile of the unhurt Hendrix. "Dear me, you're never going to become a powerful wizard if you keep sleeping through your lessons." Hendrix remarked.
"I'm sorry master I'll be in tomorrow." replied Kinsley.
"That's why I'm here Kinsley, tomorrow is going to be a very important lesson and I've told you before don't call me master. You have incredible potential but you must be willing to put the effort in. We start at sunrise, I trust you won't be late!"
"Of course. I'm really sorry I've let you down so much recently. From now on I'll do my best."
"Oh... And what's brought this on all of a sudden? Never mind I'm sure you'll tell me when you're good and ready, anyway I have some errands to run, make the most of the few hours of sunlight you have left." And with that The wizard vanished.

Kinsley trusted the wizard more than any other village elder though he couldn't bring himself to to tell him of the dreams he was having, however he felt that Hendrix knew and possibly was having the same dreams himself. These dreams started at the beginning of the last Demos cycle.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people of Terra measure their age by cycles of the moon instead of years. Even elves with their long lives rarely make it to 10 years and humans are lucky if they make it to 3. Kinsley was 30 cycles (three quarters of a year) old and soon would see his first summer.

Demos (the larger of Terra's two moons) at the beginning of each cycle passes within 300 miles of Terra and takes up most of your vision when looking towards it but at it's furthest point it appears little bigger than a bright star. Every few Terra years it passes directly above Terra's highest peak, mount Akira and causes thunder storms that can be heard as far away as the north continent.

The second of Terra's moons, Phobos suddenly appeared 500 cycles ago. It's a shining white colour and is believed to be made of either ice or a giant crystal. It is much smaller than Demos but some believe it could one day crash into Demos and cause immeasurable damage to both Demos and Terra.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:02 am

Wow . . . two and a half months after the original posting. Sorry man. I just read over this. Not the type of material I normally read, lol, but seems pretty interesting to me. Thanks for sharing it.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:07 am

Lol that's fine. I haven't got around to reading your book yet either.
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 pm

I've started working on the novel again after I found a word processor designed specifically for writing a book.

It's called ywriter and it makes it a lot easier to keep your work organized. It is only a click away to switch between your work and info about characters, locations and notes etc.

http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5.html
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Looks like an interesting program.
Back to top Go down
Se7en
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
Se7en

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-12-05

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:44 am

My ex used to make fun of me when I read stuff like this=/

It was terms of endearment tho...im sure. lol.
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:46 am

Randy, I want a copy of the book. Sheit, we have nothing but talent on this board. This place is fucking awesome. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks Fortune, yeah I'll have it up in the vault when it's done but it'll be a while. I only just got back in to writing it a week or so ago, nearly finished chapter 1 lol.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:06 am

randy, thanks for being willing to share it in our Vault.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new book. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new book.   My new book. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new book.
Page 1 of 1