Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....

Go down 
+4
Fortunehooks1
Ka
-vH
Ace
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
rAFC
rAFC
Ace

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-27

WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... Empty
PostSubject: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 am

Okay here the issue... on myspace i keep getting these friend request from girls i don't know most of them i find cute. the first one i added and then sent her a message askinf her if i knew her from ne where lol? Where she read the message and did't reply.... and the next i did the same, with still no reply. Then the third one i decide not to add her or give her any gratification, and just send her a simple message saying a hi whats up? sort of thing.

Now, why would a girl decide to send me a request with the intent of not replying when i message her, because its bound to happen it someone sends you a friend request you dont know, and you dont recongzine them..... guy or girl?

So what the deal any info is great

~ACE~
Back to top Go down
-vH
rAFC
rAFC
-vH

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:11 am

For eye candy maybe?
I don't know if you're a great looking guy or just average, but some of my friends get random adds on Facebook as well. Most of them don't even bother messaging back, they just want the profile there for eyecandy.

-vH
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:51 am

Well there is a simple answer to the why...

They are collecting stats, the more "friends" they have the more popular they will seem on myspace or facebook. Its a kind of social padding. Seriously if you scrutinized most peoples myspace or facebook you could probably eliminate 75% of the "friends" in the profile as not really friends.

I have found a good way to get a response is to do this (works especially well if they knew you or they know someone you know);

"Hey i saw your friends invite and i wanted to let you know that my profile is for friends only, so if i know you let me know so i can accept the invite. If i do know you and just didnt recognize you youll have to excuse my aweful memory.

If i dont know you then your outta luck, unless you got a really good reason you sent me an invite...in which case we will see."

Or some kind of rendition of the above. I have used the above for random invites, old friends, old aquaintances, ppl from the past i didnt really know but we have some kind of loose connection (friend of a friend, same school, etc). I think everytime i have used the above it has garnished a response. If its someone who thinks you should know them they usually try and remind you of who they are. If its someone you never knew they typically try to validate why you should accept the invite.

Id give the above a try, either the way i wrote it or rewritting it in a similar fashion. hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:10 am

That's some great advice Ka. I am guilty of adding hot chicks, and messaging them. I get away with this stuff, a lot. Sometimes, they respond and sometimes they wont. I do think that it's vital that validation not come from your side of the fence, but from their side. As in the examples that Ka provided, when a hot chick wants to be your friend, screen her carefully. Once you have tore up those online stranger vibes, you can move forward. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Ka hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of people guys and gals that like to "collect friends" on facebook/myspace. If you message them BEFORE friending them then lots of times you can weed out those people.
Back to top Go down
Ace
rAFC
rAFC
Ace

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 am

Thanks for all the helpful information.

~ACE~
Back to top Go down
hailjenna9876
AFC
AFC
hailjenna9876

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:08 am

That happens in social media networks. Some people just add random people just so their number of friends would increase. If she's interested, she would message you. Wink
Back to top Go down
queenliz214
AFC
AFC
queenliz214

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:54 am

-vH wrote:
For eye candy maybe?
I don't know if you're a great looking guy or just average, but some of my friends get random adds on Facebook as well. Most of them don't even bother messaging back, they just want the profile there for eyecandy.

-vH

LOl i think of that ..IDK if you're a great looking guy...
Back to top Go down
Maximus
rAFC
rAFC
Maximus

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:09 am

I'm not on Facebook or Myspace, but you could probably add her as a friend and then just IM her when she's logged in. I did this once when I had a Facebook account. Some random chick did a friend request. We IMed a couple of times (literally 2, maybe 3 times tops we IMed), over a week and a half period. I said we should meet for coffee some time,left her my number and she offered hers. We talked once on the phone and met for coffee. With her in person, I realized she wasn't my type (personality wise). But I would think if it can be done once, it could be done exactly the same way over and over, with a lot of women you chat with on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....   WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW, LADIES HELP ME SOLVE THIS ONE.....
Page 1 of 1