Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Guy Dancing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey guys, this is something I have always struggled with.

I am a white guy from a small town in Washington State. I've lived in major cities for the past eight years or so and dropped most of the childhood insecurities I originally carried, but one fear I have never been able to get over is dancing. I love the club atmosphere and energy, but until I get over this I won't ever really fit in here. One of my major goals in this community is to transform myself into someone who can be comfortable anywhere, and so I absolutely have to figure this out.

It starts with entering. I see everybody having fun dancing, drinking, ... doing what I can only assume is a couple of shots away from banging in the club bathroom, and as I consider the prospect of joining all these happy people I get a kind of anxiety I can hardly describe. I complete freeze, and then my irritation level begins to rise. I let it ruin my entire night!

I'm sure I'm not the only person in my shoes. Just how do I go about figuring this out? It's not like I am musically retarded; I can hold a beat, hold a tone, play piano, and so on. But if I finally can force myself onto the dance floor it's like my legs fill with concrete. Please help!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:57 am

Bro, I remember when i first started dancing by myself at bars, it was nervewracking.. you feel like dancing but your afraid that people will laugh when they watch you. TBH, you cant help what you feel so you just have to do it w/o thinking about it and being self-conscious.

Thats how my PUA lifestyle started, you can read my earlier FRs in my diary. If your really that nervous..just start with a simple 2step, or watch some YOUTUBE videos
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 am

Wow, Youtube... I never think to look there for anything, yet it has everything! Thanks for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:39 am

I got some things which may help. If you got the nuts to do these with friends then your other dancing skills need not be top notch.
Some of the guys from the lair and I do this occasionaly as their version of dancefloor game. We do some of these moves (genuinly laughing and having fun) and girls come up to us. Enjoy Wink

Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:39 am

Meant to be 2 vids I uploaded

Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:59 am

dude, i dont even want to watch the rest of the 2nd one, this is the whitest dancing ive ever seen.. but ill be the one to do it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:54 pm

Imagine doing a dance off with those moves. I cant stand the second video but it has some killer funny moves:P
Get a few mates and do a danceoff in the center of the dancefloor for really good times..
Back to top Go down
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:52 pm

You tube helped me too, I still check it out from time to time. It'll make you want to go out to a club everynight.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:36 pm

A couple of shots away from banging in the club bathroom. Dude, you have no idea HOW true that is!

I was at that point at first too, actually. I also used YouTube to a great extent in helping me learn how to dance, along with picking up some things here and there from some instructional vids I rented.

Then, as Juice said, you do start thinking about what others are thinking of you and what they will think of you, etc. But then like he said
Juice wrote:
TBH, you cant help what you feel so you just have to do it w/o thinking about it and being self-conscious.
He couldn't be more right. It's facing the fear head on and overcoming it. Just like falling off a horse and getting back on, you face the fear head on.

What's the worst those people can think of you? Hell, if you think about it, the ones that would want to make fun of you can't do shit themselves anyway. Then, you practice a little bit (and it really doesn't take much practice) and you'll be considered one of the best dancers in the club. Which just serves to draw more girls to you.

It just starts with facing the fear head on and putting yourself out there. It all starts . . . in your mind.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Sponsored content

White Guy Dancing Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guy Dancing   White Guy Dancing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Guy Dancing
Page 1 of 1