Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap

Go down 
+2
~Meg~
JSmooth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap Empty
PostSubject: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 8:28 pm

This episode starts out with a quick few minutes of recap of the first show as always. They start out showing the guys talking about Alex being eliminated fromt he show. We see a few of the guys drinking, which we barely saw last season. Rian looks really paranoid about being eliminiated which isn't much of a good sign. We all know confidence is a big factor. It was a shock to see someone eliminated on the first day of the show because last season everyone got a pass since Mystery hadn't taught them anything yet. Although, in my opinion I don't think Alex was ready for it, and as a personal note I can see why women think he is gay after reviewing the clips. His mannerisms and speech even in the after elimination interview make me think he's gay as well. I don't guess it's true but anyways a good choice for Mystery to eliminate the Bling Bling.

Mystery has the guys meet him at a location which they are all pumped up about. He talks about how the guys are always never talking to women. Then for the reward challenge he has the guys talk to some elderly women. He gives them a simple challenge to stay calm, talk to the ladies, and hold a conversation. For the reward he offers a special peacocking item and a private lesson. Now what bothers me about this is he hasn't been shown actually teaching the guys anything at all yet. This reward challenge really isn't based on anything he has taught them but their own skills the currently possess. In the past season he taught the guys about story telling abilities before they had to go to that school.

Anyways, Todd seems to do a good job during the challenge meeting people and being friendly. Kevin bothers me by asking if he can sit down but he's generally nice to the women, but he fudges it by asking them for stories from WWII. Matt does a great job talking to the ladies and making good conversation. You can tell he's really good at this. Rian seems to do pretty well but is a little nervous still. Simeon goes a little overboard with the compliments to the ladies. Brian was enthuisiastic and funny. He was doing spins with the ladies and being fun, however, he didn't seem to do very well. I like how Mystery did a Bingo card with the 8 guys on there to vote. I like how it was a "landslide" victory. Then of corse Matt wins the reward challenge. I think that Todd actually did a pretty good job though!

Lesson at the house. I enjoy how Mystery tells the guys to guys to take out their notepads. He's always leading by example and doesn't ask them to do anything, he pretty much tells them to do stuff. Finally the guys get some instruction, and he tells them they will be judged for their first field test. He explains direct and indirect openers to the guys. The guys are trying to scribble these indirect openers down very quickly. Mystery states he's judging based on opening and getting to the social hook point. He goes over false time constraints aka FTCs. Mystery goes on a bit to talk about body language as well for opening over the shoulder of course. I personally love how VH1 does flash the terminology all over the bottom of the screen like was in Season 1.

The guys then go into smaller groups to learn and practice their openers. This is when we really see Matador, and Tara start to teach and do things. In the smaller groups they talk about negs to the guys some.

Matt gets one of Mystery's boas to use in the field. He talks about using this as a lock-in prop and some tricks to use it in the field. I like how they don't show this in great detail. In the show they aren't showing near as much of the lesson as they did in season 1. The tricks are being talked about but not shown in detail being taught which pleases most of the people in the community.

We go to the in field challenge with the guys going into the club full of cameras. Mystery re-explains for the guys and the cameras that the guys are to open and get to the social hook point. I'm sure he's judging on body language as well for the guys to go over the shoulder to open. Matt has some additional work, since he has the boa Mystery is looking for him to use that in field. That club they are in looks cool by the way.

Matt goes in the club first and he seems like he's going in nice and confident. He gets opened for his boa and does nothing with it, which is a disappointment. Notice he went right for the bar in the venue instead of opening right away. He gets opened again but doesn't know really what to do with it, finally he locks a girl in with it, and then takes it away from her. He really goofs it. Mystery is disappointed and so am I honestly.

Todd gets in there and opens over the shoulder smiling and runs his opener as he should, throws a neg, uses the false time constraint, and is going in like a pro. However, the girl he's talking to isn't all that attractive. She's seated and he isn't. My only problem is that he didn't take a seat.

Greg opens the first set on the left just like he should, but the opener kind of flops. This is really shown when the girl asks what is the point of the story. The second set he opens doesn't do so well either since he didn't talk to the obstacle.

Rian takes a minute but opens and acknowledges several people. He does a good job talking to the man in the four set first, and does a good job. I think he ejects a little early. The second set he opens just blows him right out. He tries for a 6 set and that's too much.

Simeon, goes into the venue well and opens the first good set on the less. He gets told to shut the F*** up. That really hurts. I know how that feels in the venue and its hard to recover. The second set he has is going tough as well. He is struggling the rest of the night getting shut down hardcore. Tara flat out calls the sets bitches. In my opinion I think he's causing this behaviour because of his mindset from the first set he tried.

Karl, goes in and does a pretty good job talking over the shoulder and talking to the entire set but talking too fast for Matador and Mystery's taste. He gets blown out and seems to be thinking way too much talking to himself. He basically freezes up and doesn't do anything else. He finally just stops somewhere and gives up.

Brian, (Afro Man) goes into the venue and does a pretty good job making the girls laugh and having fun. He even gets some bonus points for doing the spin the move. I give him a huge A+ as does matador and stuff.

Kevin, opens a complicated set with a few guys in it. He is cursing a little too much though probably because he's nervous. He doesn't vary his opener and doesn't stack forward. With the exception of Karl he didn't do very well at.

Mystery announces that Brian wins the challenge and does well. I'm not sure that I completely agree with this decision. Todd did a great job of opening, false time contraint, throwing a neg, and more. The only difference I really see is that Brian had more energy when opening. I wonder if the fact that Todd talked to a single HB5 instead of the groups Brian talked to hurt him in this? Who knows what goes through Mystery's mind and how it's judged. If we are just judging who got to the hook point and ran the best game in my opinion Todd had the smoothest game. With that being said Brian has come a long way though. Brian, now gets to choose a few wings like last season to take through the elimination phase. He now has a lot of pressure on him to pick some people to take with him. You can tell that the stress is getting to him and he's getting physically sick on the show.

We get to the sit down for the elimination. Mystery talks about the medallions again. I like the table they have this year as oppose to the chest they used last year. Brian takes his medallion with some pride. He then chooses Greg and Todd from elimination. Todd gets Mystery's appreciation. Greg gets some deserved heat for not engaging the obstacle and loosing the set. Mystery then addresses the rest of the guys going down the line. Matt gets a pass which I agree with. The next 3 guys are hard on the hook, and Simeon is safe from elimination with a stern warning from Mystery to get better. Then we are down to Karl and Kevin in the final part of elimination. Then of course to the commercial break for dramatic effect. Mystery makes a gut decision to dismiss Kevin from the show. I agree because of his actions in field and all the cursing wasn't a good job. I think Mystery identified with Karl hitting bottom. Much like Kosmo did last season and then won that is why he chose to eliminate Kevin instead.

***As a side note of fashion in the show, I notice a whole lot of "Affliction" shirts on the guys. You can see this better when they have their 1 x 1 with the camera. By the way, why is it everyone has to have a damn piercing of some kind for their avatar? This really doesn't convey any extra sexuality regardless of what Mystery states.***

-Matador and Tara are just eye candy standing around mostly this season. They haven't done a lot ot help yet. They show Tara more than James. I think James is there for the women watchng the show, and tara for the guys obviously. I can't blame Mystery for having some more sex appeal.

-Is it just me or do we not really seem to know the guys this season as well as we did last season. It seemed last season they spent a lot of time showing clips of them at home being pure AFCs so we identified with them more. I know about 4 of the guys names by sight the others I'm not so sure. I don't know how much I really care if these guys make it.

Presently, after seeing what all is going on I'm thinking Brian, Todd, and Matt should make it to the final 3.

***Kosmo comes on the next show, and the reward challenge looks like fun***
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Maybe you should wait until AFTER the show airs?
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:15 am

~Meg~ wrote:
Maybe you should wait until AFTER the show airs?

The show did air! It aired earlier today at 11:00am on Vh1. I know that Vh1 advertises the show airing at around 10/9c but they run the actual new show at 11am Central time on Sunday. They did this last season too.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 am

BTW is there anywhere to watch the full episodes online in decent quality? I tired VH1's site and couldnt find the full episodes
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:46 pm

I dont really no bro.. VH1 seems to be where its at, or wait for the reruns
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Juice wrote:
I dont really no bro.. VH1 seems to be where its at, or wait for the reruns

The show does rerun a whole lot during the week I've noticed. Check your local listings but it seems to come on right after Rock of Love: Charm School. I think I saw it air 2-3 times extra last week.
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Captain Jack   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Captain Jack wrote this on his blog I thought it was funny!

6 Things I’ll Be Doing Instead of Watching VH1’s Pick-up Artist

Posted by captainjack
at October 13, 2008

Popularity: 29%

My buddy Sinn is keeping a journal of his musings on VH1’s Season 2 of The Pick-up Artist. This made me realize Sinn has a stomach of pure steel.

I can’t stomach that show. In fact, I only made it through 4 episodes of the first season before I vomited. So, here are 6 Things I’ll Be Doing Instead of Watching VH1’s Pick-up Artist.

1. Getting LMR from girls. I’m pretty rusty right now so I’ve been getting a LOT of LMR. Sucks. But, it’s still better than watching “The Pick-up Artist” on VH1. That show makes my skin crawl.

2. Watching episodes of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” on hulu.com. Sinn told me about this show last week. Super funny. My favorite episodes are “Season 1, Ep. 2: Charlie Wants an Abortion.” The scenes with Dennis and the pro-life religious girl are hilarious. “You really shouldn’t make jokes about the Apacolypse.”
Another fave… “Mac Bangs Dennis’ Mom.”

3. Shredding my ball sac with a cheese grater. (Not really, but I’d rather do that than watch the show.)

4. Perfecting my drawing skills. I bought “Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain” by Betty Edwards about a year ago. Holy shit it works. I used to be the world’s worst drawer but now I’m amazed at what I can do. Shows you just how much you can accomplish with a superior strategy.

5. Doubling my Hindu Push-ups stats. I’m not going to tell you how many I can do (embarrased) BUT I think I can double it in the next 7 days. I’m starting to see seperation between my upper/lower chest muscles and between chest and shoulder.

6. Anything Else.
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 pm

"I like pickle juice"

"Lady, pull my finger!"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm

~Meg~ wrote:
"I like pickle juice"

"Lady, pull my finger!"

Laughing

Stop eye fucking me...my eyes are up here! Brian really is fun to watch. It's good to see some fun characters on the show. I still think Todd did a great job. However, looking back Brian opened more sets and he has the energy to be good.

I am looking for Matt, Simeon, or Karl to be axed next.

Matt- he won the reward challenge mostly off his clean cut looks in my opinion. He got the boa and still didn't do that well. Mystery won't allow him to get by on his look alone for too long. They told him to step it up.

Karl- He broke down after one set, and didn't get back in the saddle. He knows he has to come out swinging or he's in trouble. If he falters again then it's going to be curtain for him.

Simeon- (name sounds a lot like seaman, coincidence?) This guy we were sorry for for being blown out left and right. After further review Mystery realized he went in with too much energy which caused him to get blow out. He was scaring the women, and has a lot of work to do. Is it just me or does he look like AJ from Backstreet Boys?

AJ
Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap Aj11

Simeon
Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap Simeon10
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:58 am

Simeon actually reminds me of the lead singer (x-lead?) of System of a Down. Well up until he shaved lol
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:20 am

People are LOVING that pickle juice line, lol. So, you guys might not want to use that one . . . lol.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:09 am

LOL.. I love pickle juice
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:30 am

Good way to see how many ppl in the club are watching the show.

Walk up to the set . . . "I love pickle juice", and let it hang about 3 seconds, watch their faces, then continue on if they haven't smiled or laughed.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:57 am

Quote :
BTW is there anywhere to watch the full episodes online in decent quality? I tired VH1's site and couldnt find the full episodes
Try this: http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1597185&vid=290035

As far as Sinn's plug of It's Always Sunny: best show on television. Wildcard, bitches!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
JSmooth
PUG

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Karma wrote:
Quote :
Try this: http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1597185&vid=290035

As far as Sinn's plug of It's Always Sunny: best show on television. Wildcard, bitches!!

That was made by Captain Jack, not Sinn. Smile It is a good show though.
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 pm

My bad, I misread... I should really pay more attention to detail.

JSmooth, have you lived in Nashville long? You look so much like a guy I saw singing karaoke there the only time I ever visited last Spring...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap   Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vh1 Pickup Artist Season 2 - Episode 2 Recap
Page 1 of 1