Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Lol,

This has come to be a problem for me, w/o canned material and doing it on the fly, your forced to either make it happen or go with your own instincts with the vibe your getting from the set or girl.

For example, last saturday I started with something like ;

This 2 set of girls came and posted right by me, and I think, thanks for the proximity, i know your interested now. My hired gun Lucy is making theyre drink and I say:

ME: You dont look like you can take something that strong, take my sprite and you can get tipsy off that.
2SET: (laughs)
Me: Blah Blah blah (Neg) comes out ........something like that
HB8: oH, wE Have to be going ........

It went something like that, but I didnt lose the set after that we just watched some drunk cougars try to dance and laughed at them and had a great time.

I need to know whats a good example of threading!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:31 pm

A good example of convesational threading...Well, when creating conversational threads as Mystery explains it's like thinking of a plant with little buds coming off of it as you tell a story. Here is an example I might use.

HB: "So what do you do?"
J. : "Well, I work for a major computer company doing technical support, trying to keep it here in the US...which reminds me I really hate that overseas stuff....and well I'll come back to that....Anyways that just pays the bills, what my true passion involves writing, and I'm starting to get into that and that's my creative artist side, I'm sure you have a side to you like that. I prefer to write about relationship ever since that one time I lived in an apartment with 3 girls...that was nuts...Before I go into that, what's your passion?"

Okay, this might be a little extreme but you can see where I'm starting to build stuff to talk about. I can talk about tech support here in the US versus overseas which gives me a chance to be funny and rip on some guys. I can talk about my artist side and hers. I can also talk about a past relationship to do the DHV spikes there. Plus I can bud off whatever she might say, but I have things built in to talk about. As I continue to talk and cut threads that I'm done with you keep building more so you don't really run out of stuff to say. There is a video in the Vault of Mystery Explaining this really well too.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:16 am

I see what you mean, and as im listening to the mystery thing...i notice it also, he just stacks and stacks
Back to top Go down
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

Male Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:37 am

Stacking can be good, but I think there is a lot of value in "transitioning". That means, don't just keep building on the same topic, don't just keep going and going and have a big conversation built on one thing, cause then it crumbles easily and it can get boring talking about that one thing the whole time. Instead, move from one topic, into another and from there, into another. Sure, you'll be stacking too, but unless you are transitioning into other topics, you don't show how versatile and interesting you truly are.

I notice a lot of guys emphasizing how important it is to stack, or to just keep on stacking when things aren't working, so I think this is something that should really be taken to heart. If something isn't working, then stacking on top isn't gonna work well either. Move to more stable ground and start building up there instead.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Its a very hard thing to do actually, Ive approached very large sets and have been locked out very easily...
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 10:19 pm

Why did you get locked out Juice?

To me, stacking is one subject on top of another, which is pretty essential. That way you have several threads, any of which you can pick up at any time, or just leave them hanging and it doesn't matter one way or another to me. It just allows you to gauge where your listeners are.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Why did you get locked out Juice?

To me, stacking is one subject on top of another, which is pretty essential. That way you have several threads, any of which you can pick up at any time, or just leave them hanging and it doesn't matter one way or another to me. It just allows you to gauge where your listeners are.

Indeed stacking is stacking one subject on top of another, but within the same subject. Transitioning you're gonna get right out of that topic and go in a completely different direction in order to show versatility and depth of your personality. I think this comes much more easily to guys that are better at this and guys that are still trying to get going need this distinction made, because I've seen some perfectly good sarges go bad because the guy just kept stacking without transitioning and she got bored of the topic.

For example: Student of mine wanted to talk about Godzilla cause he just got a new shirt with giant letters spelling it out and he figured it would be a decent opener. Fine, no problem, but when he started talking about Godzilla, he just kept talking about him, movies, comics, the old movies, new movies, stacking more and more stuff on top hoping for it to go somewhere. The girls were willing to listen for a bit, but when he never transitioned to another topic as I did, by moving into movies that me and my target were both passionate about, then into just things we are passionate about, he ended up getting left behind and boring his target.

I know to some people it may seem a minor distinction, but most of what we deal with is minor distinctions. Look at the power of where you hold your drink, wether it's in front of your chest, or by your side.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:10 am

I got locked out because i really didnt no how to thread the whole group in to the conversation
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am

Juice wrote:
I got locked out because i really didnt no how to thread the whole group in to the conversation

Two things. Look at each person indiviually and find out what they like. Talk to them as if they are all your buds.

And, work on your storytelling skills. Being passionate when you talk. Being enthusiastic.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Rye Lee
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Rye Lee

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:04 pm

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Juice wrote:

Two things. Look at each person indiviually and find out what they like. Talk to them as if they are all your buds.

And, work on your storytelling skills. Being passionate when you talk. Being enthusiastic.

You can also start with a small group, then include more and more people as you're telling a story or asking a question. Do the, "Hey buddy, you're interested, I keep seeing you look this way!" or "Blah blah blah. Who's that right there? Hey Bob, what do think? *Bob turns and starts to talk with the group*"

Merging a big set and running it has a lot to do with pawning. Once the conversation gets going, even if you're central, stuff is gonna end up going on in little groups that you don't run, so you have to pawn off the conversation into them in order to keep things running how you want. Practice pawing off people to get into sets. A good way to practice, is by talking to the guy/girl sitting beside the guy and girl talking, then getting them to introduce you to the set to the guy, then pawn off him into the girl; now you've just pawned off 2 people to reach your target.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!   Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversational Threading!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1