Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reduce the Complexity of the Room

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Reduce the Complexity of the Room Empty
PostSubject: Reduce the Complexity of the Room   Reduce the Complexity of the Room I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 12:26 am

When you enter a venue, in particular a night club, the place can be like a jungle when you first start. There seems like there is no order to this chaos of a few hundred people moving around. Some are dancing, some are drinking, others are moving around, and some are locked in to the bar. The disco ball is going, the lights are flashing, and the music is thumping. You start to think to yourself how can anyone meet a girl here. It is one of the most intimidating places to do game, which is why many guys start with day game, and also some of the best practice grounds. So how can we combat this. How can we bring some order to all this movement.

#1 I want you to realize that a lot of guys stay away from the club because they are so afraid of this chaotic environment. Realize with me now that when you game at a night club the pace of what you do is quicker. You also have a lot of distractions. I call it my shiney object theory. In a night clubs there are a lot of shiney objects to distract your set: Shooter Girls, Dancers, Singers, Music, Lights, Cameras, other guys, and even other sets. If you can learn to control a set in this environment at such a quick pace, just imagine how easy it is going to be during day game with a much slower pace, and less distractions. So don't give up to easily on this. Smile

At this point I should hope you know about sets. Singles, 2 Sets, 3 Sets (Majority of all groups), 4 Sets, plus. So something that I naturally do when I get into a venue is when I look around I look at the sets. Mystery suggests mentally drawing a glowing white ring around each set. If you see three girls at a table, mentally draw a glowing white ring around that group, for that 3 set. A girls walks past you, you have to decide is she a single (alone) or is she part of a bigger group. All you can see is she's alone so you put a glowing white circle just around her for now. The guy hovering near the first 3 set you saw, is he a part of the group and talking to them? You can only do the best you can with what you see. So a solitary white glowing circle goes around him. You do this for the entire room. At first I did this consciously, now I do it sub-consciously. When you do this, you start to bring order to the madness, and see how the groups form. This just takes practice. Just like driving, when you first started driving it was akward and you made mistakes. Now when you drive many years later, it's all mostly automated responses, which is how it is for me now.

Let's put this in practical experience. We'll go back to the 3 set of girls at the table that you saw earlier and made a mental note of. You know that guy is hovering close by. He may be part of the group or maybe not. You have a split second choice to make. You can either go into the group as it is, or wait. Better to go right into the 3 set, open, ignore the target, and speak to the obstacles, and win the approval of the group before he gets back, if he is a part of the group, than later. When he comes back and all the girls already likes you he's going to go along with the group. Smile

Just for argument sake let's say that you wait. You open a group that is now a 4 set with 1 guy in it. Your tactic changes slightly. Now when you open you should focus on him and making him comfortable and your buddy before proceeding. This can be intimidating for many new PUAs, but it can be done. As you can see going in right now would be a better and easier option.

Gentleman, if you are to use the game metaphor this stuff is chess it's not checkers! You have to strive to think a few moves ahead of your opponent, which is lonliness! So the next time you are in a venue, get your drink, hold it low to your waist, and hang back. Take a minute or two at the bar if you want to make notes about the different sets. Look and see who's with who. Organize it in your mind like a blueprint, and then work the plan. Then when you get better and you want to merge sets, it becomes much easier. That is for a different thread.

I'll see you in the proving grounds!!! king
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Reduce the Complexity of the Room   Reduce the Complexity of the Room I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Nice article, but I want to point one thing out where I don't agree.

Your opponent is loneliness. I don't see it as an opponent. I think if you see it as an opponent, and you are not happy when you are lonely, you become dependent on other people. And being dependent on other people can give you a boost, or put you down. When we have something, we fear of losing it, when we don't have something, we feel the miss of it.
I read a book recently, that says that you have to be able to be happy, lonely. Go to the mountains, and start to become conscious about everything. And you will feel happy inside. Without other people.
Once you achieve a certain state, you will be able to talk/go out with people, without needing them, just because you find their presence pleasant.

So I don't think that loneliness is an enemy. And I think that even good PUA try to fill up this void with extern things. They sarge and sarge and get good at it, but they stay dependent on others.

If loneliness is your enemy, than it means that something inside you isn't good. That you're not 100% OK with yourself.

There's NO opponent, just sarge and have fun. And if it doesn't work, then it doesn't. But don't go out , attached to the outcome and trying to win VS. loneliness. Cuz you won't win if that's the battle you want to win. There is no battle.
The only battle in this life is with yourself.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Reduce the Complexity of the Room   Reduce the Complexity of the Room I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:27 am

Vedere wrote:
Nice article, but I want to point one thing out where I don't agree.

Your opponent is loneliness. I don't see it as an opponent. I think if you see it as an opponent, and you are not happy when you are lonely, you become dependent on other people. And being dependent on other people can give you a boost, or put you down. When we have something, we fear of losing it, when we don't have something, we feel the miss of it.
I read a book recently, that says that you have to be able to be happy, lonely. Go to the mountains, and start to become conscious about everything. And you will feel happy inside. Without other people.
Once you achieve a certain state, you will be able to talk/go out with people, without needing them, just because you find their presence pleasant.

So I don't think that loneliness is an enemy. And I think that even good PUA try to fill up this void with extern things. They sarge and sarge and get good at it, but they stay dependent on others.

If loneliness is your enemy, than it means that something inside you isn't good. That you're not 100% OK with yourself.

Just my opinion.

Okay I think you too what I said a little too far! I can see how though, I came across pretty strong there. My point with that was that the game is complicated and you need to be thinking a few moves ahead of everyone else. That is what PUA is about, saying things that invoke a feeling or planned response (flipping attraction switches), so that you can counter and further the interaction. If you are a few moves ahead every step of the way you will typically walk away with the girl, and her time with you. When you don't think, you will likely end up by yourself at the end of the night.

I don't feel lonliness it necessarily my opponent or anything like that. On another note, I do completely agree with you that you should be comfortable with yourself and being alone. You should be able to just hang out with yourself without any problem. By the way, "There's NO opponent, just sarge and have fun. And if it doesn't work, then it doesn't. But don't go out , attached to the outcome and trying to win VS. loneliness. Cuz you won't win if that's the battle you want to win. There is no battle. The only battle in this life is with yourself." That's a good quote.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Reduce the Complexity of the Room   Reduce the Complexity of the Room I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:56 am

Yeah =)

Just wanted to add this in because recently, I found myself having a lot of big UPs ( when everything went good with girls and had good sarges ) and big DOWNS ( when not ). And I started realising that this shouldn't be the case.

but as I said, nice article !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reduce the Complexity of the Room   Reduce the Complexity of the Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reduce the Complexity of the Room
Page 1 of 1