Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indecent Proposal Epiphany

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skittlepimp
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Skittlepimp

Male Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Indecent Proposal Epiphany Empty
PostSubject: Indecent Proposal Epiphany   Indecent Proposal Epiphany I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:25 am

I had an Epiphany last night when i watched Indecent Proposal, if you havent seen it, or plan to i advise you that you should, cause im about to be dropping spoiler details.

anyways it hit as im watching this, that robert redfords charector is able to reel in demi moores charector by his persistance, because he knows she is just giving token resistance, there is a particular hook point in his seduction that i caught.

in the part where she is in his house and she figures it out, she says

diane: this is your house isnt it
cage: do you like it?
diane: umm well its certainly beautiful
cage: what do you think it needs, tell me honestly*
diane: i think it needs a life, maybe furniture and a couple of dogs and flowers*
cage: it needs you

*what hit me was he tested her, she could have easily said something bland but instead she opened up to him, even if it was just a sec, cage saw this and escalated further. she puts up more resistance and so he is persistant but only because he knew he got her to open up for a sec, and therefore he knows he can do it again, he just has to be patient.

as robert greene said it, he had mastered the art of the bold move.
in the art of war sun tzu says "rouse him...force him to reveal himself so as to find out his vulnerable spots."

later on like a day or so in the movie he comes to see her and he manages to get her back to his house telling her he has something to show her.

he shows her what he has done with the place, he got some dogs furniture and flowers etc....

he then asks her to dance with him and she declines, so, cage backs off and tells her a story about unrequited love and how he doesnt want it to happen again, which subconciously implants how he feels about her.

he then looks at her and says

just one dance?

it was then when she complied that he had successfully one her over, in my opinion.

also i noticed that he was constantly calibrating and throwing in kino whenever knew he could get away with it.

pesistance is the key, but only if you know thats what will work, one should also realize when to back the F%#& off too, and also realize when a situation is hopeless.

Indecent Proposal Epiphany
Page 1 of 1