Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emotions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 am

Emotions such as (love and anger) have evolved to motivate behavior that helps us adapt to different situations. An emotion is a motivated state, it varies in its intensities and pleasantness, which is marked by psychological arousal, expressive behavior, and cognitive experience. For example, consider and HB8 or HB9,you approach her and her heart might pound( a sign of psyhological arousal), if her bitch shield is up and you neg her and she grits her teeth or rolls her eyes, whatever(an expressive behavior), and she might storm off or just turn back to her friends(an intense,unpleasant experience).

An emotion is defined in terms of four components. First, you interpret or appraise some stimulus( events, object, or thought) in terms of your well-being. Second, you experience a subjective feeling, such as fear or happiness. Third, you have physiological responses, such as changes in heart rate or breathing. Fourth, you can show observable behaviors, such as smiling or crying.

Here is a breakdown of these components.

First, the target interpreted or apparaised the stimulus, which was the PUA's opener, their approach. Second, she had the subjective experience or feeling of being swept off her feet or in awe by his gesture. Third, she had a variety of physiological responses, such as heart pounding and adrenaline pumping, which cause arousal and prepare the body for action, such as responding back to him or turning away to just turn back to him. Fourth, she shows overt or observable behaviors, such as smiling, raising her brow, andof course kino escalating lightly or so.

Thinking of your first serious kiss can make you feel happy, while thinking of times you were jealous can make you sad or angry. In these cases, as well as in feeling pride, envy, or compassion, the thinkingor appraisal occurs before the emotion.

Imagine walking into a well known club in a major city. You see a alot of hot girls standing around, and all of a sudden you turn around and there is ther super model you have fantasized about. In this case, anxiety kicks in instantly, without conscious thought or appraisal, you don't have to think " that's a beautiful woman, what do I say?"

There are many theories I can reflect on as far as emotions go, but I think this thread is long enough. Let's try to focus on the more delightful attributes of emotions experiences, which is happiness and humor. Keep it REAL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:58 am

Another great post. Cut/dry and to the point.

A thought to add since a post has been created for emotions.

By nature, men are more logical thinkers and woman more emotional.

The idea from men not knowing what women want/think stems from this comparison. We as males do not express emotion as much as woman, we take the more logical approach. For us to truly understand women we must understand the process of emotion froma female's standpoint. To do this we have to be more in touch with emotion.

That sounds very gay, but I'm sorry it is the truth. The most well-rounded person will have a congruency between his emotions and logic. If you do achieve this balance, you will find that interacting with women is a lot easier. Understanding someone goes along ways in your relationship with that. Whether that is a friend or more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Great post Paramour. You did an excellent job describing the "Flight or Fight" response that is naturally built in to all of us. I agree that we could spend the rest of time describing all the different emotions associated with each action. As a PUA it is up to us to be aware of what emotions our words and body language are triggering. This is the core principal for why this works, and you describe it eloquently. cheers It's good!
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:04 am

Nuked, I agree, but to an extent about females thinking emotionally and guys thinking logically, most women with the mindset of an 8 or above, tend to think more logically thus giving us the upper hand and having an amazing "bitch shield" or throwing the "game" back at the PUA or AFC, take your pick. Women that tend to have higher value of themselves will automatically think logically for the simple reason of reading a guy's bullshit and being able to see right through that bullshit. pirat

Last edited by Paramour on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I am an idiot and dont know how to spell)
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:06 am

JSmooth wrote:
Great post Paramour. You did an excellent job describing the "Flight or Fight" response that is naturally built in to all of us. I agree that we could spend the rest of time describing all the different emotions associated with each action. As a PUA it is up to us to be aware of what emotions our words and body language are triggering. This is the core principal for why this works, and you describe it eloquently. cheers It's good!

Thank you J, I am glad you got my point. Razz
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Paramour wrote:
Nuked, I agree, but to an extent about females thinking emotionally and guys thinking logically, most women with the mindset of an 8 or above, tend to think more logically thus giving us the upper hand and having an amazing "bitch shield" or throwing the "game" back at the PUA or AFC, take your pick. Women that tend to have higher value of themselves will automatically think logically for the simple reason of reading a guy's bullshit and being able to see right through that bullshit. pirat

Which is what makes the game all the more fun when a high value guy and a high value girl, both on top of their game, interact. They both see through each other's bullshit Cool
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Which would explain alot....but I will leave that open thought as is....for now. Take your words as a compliment Razz
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 pm

Paramour wrote:
Which would explain alot....but I will leave that open thought as is....for now. Take your words as a compliment Razz

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:49 am

L.A. Tripp wrote:
Paramour wrote:

Which is what makes the game all the more fun when a high value guy and a high value girl, both on top of their game, interact. They both see through each other's bullshit Cool

Just like I see through your bullshit, babe Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 3:24 am

Well to the 9's and 10's. As soon as we show that we have a strong frame and they don't affect us. We put them back into the "emotional mindset". The logical point would be their "bitch shield". Which is quiet easy to break if you have a strong enough frame.
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:07 am

ok, well, take an HB7, what if she has been hurt alot in her day by men, she despises men, therefore her bitch shield is higher of an HB10.....she could give two shits about what you think, what your questions are, what youre all about period.

You ignore her, she is happy. But then you come back with negs, she tells you to leave her alone, but you persist, because you find her attractive but she is only there because a friend asked her to come along.

Finally, you ask her for her name, to try and break the ice, once again, she bids you farewell and tell you she wants to be left alone.

Youre not getting anywhere, and the only reason why you tried, was bc you thought she was a challenge, not that she is just lost.

What if by chance, she did steal the frame while you weren't paying attention? Would you try to get it back just because or would you get it back because you feel the need to just make this girl crack a smile?
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:41 am

I would never have a approached a girl without already knowing certain information. Such as her mindset, if a woman has that mindset her body language would show it quiet well. Thats the kind of girl I go up to and ask for her opinion on relationships. I just have to come off as nonthreatening and she will be content to answer. At some point during or shortly after the opener I would need to make her laugh. Once she laughs, I will know she's committed to the conversation and use a takeaway.
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:29 am

LMAO.....how are you even supposed to know a girl's mindset if you don't TALK to her first. Body language is not always the key to a womans intellectual being. NEVER ASSUME, for we know what assume means, right?

Once you think you have swept her off her feet, you might have her attention for a few minutes, what will you do after that?
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Well considering the fact I'm a conversationalist by nature I would run multiple threads of conversation at the same time. While telling DHV stories. The only difference with the type of girl you are talking about, is that it may take a bit more to hook her.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm

You know, as good as my night this past Friday was, there WAS one time when my wing caught me in that assuming trap. Me and him were both looking at a VERY cute girl. We were heading her way, then a guy came up and she put her arm around him. I made the audible "ugh" sound. He looked right at me, pointed, and said NEVER assume. You don't know any facts about them yet. I admitted that he was right.

As good as body language is, and as much as an indicator it is, no matter what all you can read from a group from a distance, you can't gather all the facts until you open them and talk to them.

In the case of a girl like that, she would be a delicate one to handle. Obviously she would have a bitch shield from hell . . . until you broke through it. At that point, she would be MORE putty in your hands than the average girl would be. Then you would have to be more careful with her, because she's now vulnerable, which is a good thing for a PUA, but for a responsible PUA.
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:42 pm

nuked wrote:
Well considering the fact I'm a conversationalist by nature I would run multiple threads of conversation at the same time. While telling DHV stories. The only difference with the type of girl you are talking about, is that it may take a bit more to hook her.

Not to sound pessimistic here, but....this could go either way. The type of girl I speak of could very well get bored with your stackings of DHV stories or what have you, because she has heard it all before, and plainly not interested. In the back of her mind, you are trying too hard. You ease up,she will know. You literally cannot control the situation. You cannot break her frame. You give up and move on. It's not even shit tests that she is throwing you, its the vibe of annoyance she receives on her end. Women/girls and even men are just strange creatures of habitat. Ok, so from there, even if you are a conversationalist, you might have game, you think you KNOW someone or anything from their style, their body lang., their facial expressions, anything. But, I do agree with Tripp on this one, except on thing.

L.A. Tripp wrote:
In the case of a girl like that, she would be a delicate one to handle. Obviously she would have a bitch shield from hell . . . until you broke through it. At that point, she would be MORE putty in your hands than the average girl would be. Then you would have to be more careful with her, because she's now vulnerable, which is a good thing for a PUA, but for a responsible PUA.

I definitely disagree here. OK, fine, you would have to handle more delicately, but I don't see her being more putty in your hands after you broke through her bitch shield. Now, she might have stepped out of her element for a minute, and then stepped back into reality. In the back of her mind, she will ask herself this repeatedly, " What the hell am I doing"?, "Why is he talking to me"?, "Does he ever shutup and why does he have that damn smile on his face"? bla bla bla, the list goes on. She does not trust the guy, and won't til he proves himself to her.Yea sure tell the girl a DHV story about how you were the leader of men or protector of loved ones, women eat that shit up. Fine. But oh girl here, well, she does not care, because that doesnt prove ANYTHING to HER.
Back to top Go down

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:43 pm

I digress...come on people let's go back to the original post here. OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotions   Emotions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emotions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Powder Room-
Jump to: