Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motivation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Motivation   Motivation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:17 am

Well, the general definition of motivation is a process that arouses, directs, and maintains behavior toward a goal.

Instinct is one component of motivation that is a complex, unlearned behavior pattern of both male and female. For example, pugnacity,curiosity, and gregariousness are led by instincts. Women use curiosity as means to "fish" for information of what a guy might be like down the dating road. Women can be pugnaceous at times, just to test their limits and the guys boundaries. I believe women do this because they want to know how much they can get away with, because they feel in control of the situation at hand, and they need that comfort of knowing no matter how much they push you; you will still stay with her. And well naturally, women are gregarious because they realize the alpha male is in control and also desire to try and control his frame because she has to feel she is just as well off if not better; depending on her mental status that is. Moving on....

The drives of motivation are of instict of human motivation. We all have needs as humans. A need is indeed a pschological deprivation, such a lack of food,water, or even sex, induces a state of tension in which we call a "drive", which motivates us to reduce it. Drive reduction aims at the restoration of homeostasis which balances ou the tension or drive that has been reduced or eliminated.

Sometime we need a stimuli to kick us in the ass to get us going... what I am talking about is an incentive. Ok, a drive is an internal state of tension that "pushes" you toward a goal, incentives is an external stimulus that "pulls" you toward a goal.

Which leads me to the great Maslow's Hiearchy of Needs. According to Maslow, you must first satisfy your basic psychological needs, such as your needs for food, water, even sex; before you will be motivated to meet your higher needs for safety and security, and so on up the hierarchy from the need of belongingness and love, through the need for esteem,and ultimately to the needs for self-actualization(achievement of all your potentials)and transcendence(your spiritual fulfillment).
Physiological Needs
These are biological needs. They consist of needs for oxygen, food, water, and a relatively constant body temperature. They are the strongest needs because if a person were deprived of all needs, the physiological ones would come first in the person's search for satisfaction.

Safety Needs
When all physiological needs are satisfied and are no longer controlling thoughts and behaviors, the needs for security can become active. Adults have little awareness of their security needs except in times of emergency or periods of disorganization in the social structure (such as widespread rioting). Children often display the signs of insecurity and the need to be safe.

Needs of Love, Affection and Belongingness
When the needs for safety and for physiological well-being are satisfied, the next class of needs for love, affection and belongingness can emerge. Maslow states that people seek to overcome feelings of loneliness and alienation. This involves both giving and receiving love, affection and the sense of belonging.

Needs for Esteem
When the first three classes of needs are satisfied, the needs for esteem can become dominant. These involve needs for both self-esteem and for the esteem a person gets from others. Humans have a need for a stable, firmly based, high level of self-respect, and respect from others. When these needs are satisfied, the person feels self-confident and valuable as a person in the world. When these needs are frustrated, the person feels inferior, weak, helpless and worthless.

Needs for Self-Actualization
When all of the foregoing needs are satisfied, then and only then are the needs for self-actualization activated. Maslow describes self-actualization as a person's need to be and do that which the person was "born to do." "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, and a poet must write." These needs make themselves felt in signs of restlessness. The person feels on edge, tense, lacking something, in short, restless. If a person is hungry, unsafe, not loved or accepted, or lacking self-esteem, it is very easy to know what the person is restless about. It is not always clear what a person wants when there is a need for self-actualization

The hierarchic theory is often represented as a pyramid, with the larger, lower levels representing the lower needs, and the upper point representing the need for self-actualization. Maslow believes that the only reason that people would not move well in direction of self-actualization is because of hindrances placed in their way by society. He states that education is one of these hindrances. He recommends ways education can switch from its usual person-stunting tactics to person-growing approaches. Maslow states that educators should respond to the potential an individual has for growing into a self-actualizing person of his/her own kind. Ten points that educators should address are listed:

We should teach people to be authentic, to be aware of their inner selves and to hear their inner-feeling voices.

We should teach people to transcend their cultural conditioning and become world citizens.

We should help people discover their vocation in life, their calling, fate or destiny. This is especially focused on finding the right career and the right mate.

We should teach people that life is precious, that there is joy to be experienced in life, and if people are open to seeing the good and joyous in all kinds of situations, it makes life worth living.

We must accept the person as he or she is and help the person learn their inner nature. From real knowledge of aptitudes and limitations we can know what to build upon, what potentials are really there.

We must see that the person's basic needs are satisfied. This includes safety, belongingness, and esteem needs.

We should refreshen consciousness, teaching the person to appreciate beauty and the other good things in nature and in living.

We should teach people that controls are good, and complete abandon is bad. It takes control to improve the quality of life in all areas.

We should teach people to transcend the trifling problems and grapple with the serious problems in life. These include the problems of injustice, of pain, suffering, and death.

We must teach people to be good choosers. They must be given practice in making good choices.

So, sometimes you must look inside yourself and ask, do I have motivation or do I need to do something?
Sorry this was long, but I wanted to get my point across to those that needto take a step back and realize they need just as much as the other person does. Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 6:47 am

Great post. However, I do believe some guys are scratching their heads as to the point of it. So I will exapolate Par's meaning as to how this effects everyone.

The idea is motivation. Obviously everyone here has some form of motivation because they are trying to better themselves with women. However, the premises is not based only in pick-up, but rather life. The idea is that you need to do something with yourself. This doesn't apply to all of us, but some guys that get into pick-up lose track of the rest of life. If you've read The Game you know that it was a widespread problem at one point in the community.

With that in mind, if you see that you are faltering in your life goals; do some introspection. Look at where you are now, and where you want to be 10 years from now. If you are not remotely what you want to be in life, use the idea of bettering yourself as motivation.

Just remember, you can do anything as long as you want to. You just have to find out why you want to, and that is your motivation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 2:56 am

Thank you Nuked for reiterating my thread babe. Seriously, I want more guys to form their own opinions and ideas, through whatever they can. I mean guys form their opinions of the books they read that imply "The Game". So they can form the same thing here. That's my point I am getting across. Thanks guys.

-Par
Back to top Go down
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:15 am

Yes, motivation is a driving force for people and how we try to use that motivation to get what we feel we deserve. Par, always a pleasure reading from you sweets. PEace,LVoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Sponsored content

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motivation
Page 1 of 1