Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date Empty
PostSubject: Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date   Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Are you a guy who normally on a first date takes a girl to dinner and a movie? I have a question for you; why are you doing this, can you not come up with anything better?

Guys need to understand a girl doesn't want to be taken to dinner and a movie on the first date. There is no point to this, all it does is hurt you and show her you are like everyone else. I will break down both situations and a explain why not to do them; the reasons are very simple.

Dinner: When you go out on a date with a girl the first time it needs to be low key. Keep the pressure down, makes for low tension. The reason I say this is because, in the case of dinner. The traditional concept for dinner is a some what high socialite restaurant; in other words semi-formal. By doing this you are throwing yourself to the lions. You don't know each other that well so automatically you will have a hard time creating conversation because you won't know what to talk about. In this case you will revert to basic question and answers; Hows work? Do you have kids? Is your steak good? When you do this, you are showing the girl that you are just like everyone esle. You aren't creative, and most likely are boring her. A girl wants to do something fun, not sit at a table for an hour of awkward conversation. In my opinion if you go out to eat on the first day, it should not be the first venue you go to. Go mini-golf, bowling, lazer-taging, or paintballing. Then go get some food, but make sure to go to a low key fun environment. I usually go take the girl to Buffalo Wild Wings, but I also half the time we were in a group. BW3s has a great fun environment.

Movie: The explanation for why to not go to a movie first date is far simlple than that of dinner. You will end up paying no attention to one another, unless its the physical kind. You will sit next to each other for anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours staring at a screen together. You and your date are doing a *&@# good job getting to know each other! The first date is about learning about each other. Making a connection. The only thing you can potentially learn about her from going to a movie is if she is good at making-out. That is pretty cut and dry, don't do it. The movies should be saved for if you are actually "with" a girl. At that point its fine to sit and watch a movie and enjoy each others' company.

That is my whole explanation as to why not to do this. I specifically put this is this thread; so guys could ask questions about better ideas on first dates, and our distiguished female compatriots could assist in the area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11
Whoopie
PUA
PUA
Whoopie

Male Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date   Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 am

My first date is usually around Putt Putt. What girl does not like holding a stick and playing with balls! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/usmc03token
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date   Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:14 am

Whoopie......brilliant Smile

Yeah, putt putt is a good one. Prefect relaxed environment. Also kino-central.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11

PostSubject: Re: Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date   Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:09 am

Thank you guys for elaborating one of my posts. I agree, do something you two can have plenty of kino-ing. Girls love this!! Just speaking from experience Exclamation
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date   Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 4:24 am

I love bowling and mini golf dates. Probably one of my fav things to do on a date.
Dinner is good if its at an exotic restaurant (nothing fancy).
Also, going to bars to watch local bands play is tons of fun.
Any type of food tasting/wine tasting/rum fest/beer fest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date   Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinner/Movie - Bad First Date
Page 1 of 1