Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forks in the road

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Forks in the road Empty
PostSubject: Forks in the road   Forks in the road I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:10 pm

At times we encounter forks in the road. These can be little forks that seem to be of no consequence such as fork or spoon to eat with, or they can be huge forks that seem to be life changing, such as this job or that job.

I had a guy with me this weekend, teaching him game. He had some forks in the road and made some choices with those forks. As this is a PUA forum, I want to relate to you how some of the forks you encounter can make or break whether you hit your goals or not.

One example. He had a girl interested in him, apparently, and one of my two wing girls had gotten another 2 set of girls interested in him as well. At this point, he found himself in the middle of a tug of war. One girl pulling him one way and two girls pulling him another way.

I've personally been in similar, but larger, tug of wars myself. I've had a 2 set with a cute petite redhead and a 3 set with a cute cougar each pulling me away from the other and toward themselves. I have fucked up with some of my own tugs of wars, so I learned what to do next time.

When you've never been in a situation, you don't always know how to react or respond to it the first time around. This is a normal thing. We're human. However, that's why we learn from the situation and improve next time.

This student, who is also a friend, found himself in this tug of war. He should've went with the 2 set, but he remained with the single girl. I told him immediately he fucked up. He didn't understand in the moment. He did understand later. That's alright, as long as the lesson is learned.

What are your forks? Will you, do you, recognize these forks in the moment?

Another fork in your road is every time you have the opportunity to approach a set. You make a decision whether to approach or not to approach. Even if it's your natural tendency TO approach, you're actually making the decision in an instant to approach.

Number closing is a fork. Kiss closing is a fork. Fuck closing is a fork. You have to choose the right fork in the road earlier to reach the forks you want to reach later.

Another note, don't beat yourself up so bad if you choose the wrong fork, that you obliterate yourself to the point of not trying another fork.

With my student, I recognized that what I had to say at the end of the night, in that moment, wasn't what he needed. I would have told him, and did tell him later, when the time was right, where exactly he fucked up, what he did and didn't lose, and what he should have done. However, in that moment, I saw how bad he was beating himself up, so instead of me talking to him, I had him stay with one of my wing girls for a while and let her talk to him. Don't beat yourself to a pulp over your mistake. Learn from it and move on.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Forks in the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forks in the road   Forks in the road I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 am

La, your student definitely shouldn't be beating himself up over the choice of forks in the road. Every choice of each fork is a lesson that, if we open ourselves up to it to learn from.

I think in many instances we have been conditioned to not want to tackle the toughest task, but the task that seems to be the easiest to attain.

Forks we all have them, and we all choose one that may not be the best from time to time.
peace,lveo and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
Cro
Apprentice PUA
Apprentice PUA
Cro

Male Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Forks in the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forks in the road   Forks in the road I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:34 pm

I encourage students to take the easier road, because with every achievement, things that seemed hard will become easier, every time you manage a #-close, it will become childs play to you and you should from there on take the next step. The easy step might take longer, even strokes your ego, but external validation is essential to building up character to take on harder choices.

I barely go for the numbers anymore, it's too easy really. What I want is the connection and then kiss if it feels right to kiss her. Remember it is not a game, it's a way of life. Do what feels right, don't stress yourself out, but pussying out is also not the way to go.

When a easy challenge becomes pie, move on to the next level.

Good post bro
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofcro.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Forks in the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forks in the road   Forks in the road I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forks in the road
Page 1 of 1