Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions Empty
PostSubject: Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions   Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:55 am

“What if the wealthiest people in the world were suddenly at the mercy of and depending on the poor/broke people of the world? What if, after the government establishes a central computer system that is linked all over the world so the government has more control over the computer system, a computer virus was unleashed into the system and everyone making $50,000 or more a year had all of their assets including their cash in the bank froze so they had no access to it? And it turned out that a small group, or one person even, in the poor/broke class was smart enough, computer savvy enough, to be able to figure out how to get ride of the virus, but they wouldn’t do it because they wanted the wealthy to see how it is to live like the poor. Once the rich run out of pocket cash, what will they do? They can’t get money from their bankers, because all of their assets are frozen.” (synopsis)

Is this catchy? Want opinions, whether good or bad. This is the seed of the blurb that will be on the cover of the book.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions   Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:46 am

Very interesting concept. I'd definitely stop to read the first few pages if I saw it in a shop.
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions   Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 am

“What if the wealthiest people in the world were suddenly at the mercy of those impoverished people they used to look down upon? After the government establishes global central computer system which connected businesses, someone released a computer virus which froze the bank accounts of every individual making $50,000 a year or more. Amidst the financial chaos, a young man from the lower socioeconomic class emerges with the answer of how to rid the system of the virus. This once impoverished youth decides that he will force the wealthy to live their lives as the poor. What results is a downward spiral of a class used to living in excess. And a once empowered youth having to deal with the consequences of his choice."

This would be my proposed proof read (its hard to do without track changes, but I just tried to quickly tight it up).

One thing I've noticed form the two samples is that you need to stop making your sentences so complex. If you have three ideas, make two or three sentences, don't keep using commas, to extend the sentence on forever. Also, stray away from passive voice.
Back to top Go down
-vH
rAFC
rAFC
-vH

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions   Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 pm

It's catchy.
I write reviews for our the paper press at my college on short stories and on occasions, novels, so I read a lot of synopsizes.
This looks like a book I would read if I were to come across a synopsis like this.

-vH
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions   Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:37 pm

the synopsis sounds good. the story reads pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions   Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Synopsis for a book I'm heavily working on, want opinions
Page 1 of 1