Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing a PUA book?

Go down 
+5
JSmooth
Fortunehooks1
nuked
Ace
L.A. Tripp
9 posters
AuthorMessage
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Writing a PUA book? Empty
PostSubject: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:45 am

I want thoughts on this. I've had a guy from PickUpTara's forum tell me that I should write a PUA book and put the article I wrote on Being High Value at the beginning of the book.

What are general thoughts about this?

The funny thing, to me, is this guy isn't a novice or newb. He's got experience, and he said this. So, I'm really curious about other thoughts on this.

I've worked on smaller things, but hadn't taken seriously the thought of an actual full book, in the likes of the Handbook or Revelation or anything like that. I don't even know that I would have the time, but am still curious about thoughts on it.

Be honest, as always. If you think it's a good idea, cool, let me know. If you think I ain't got what it takes to do that, be honest about that too. Who knows, that comment may be a breathe of fresh air for me, lol.

One person's opinion can't be a deciding factor, that's my view here.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Ace
rAFC
rAFC
Ace

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm

You should definetly write a book. You would not doubt your self, i believe the only thing that could stop you would be yourself....

everyone has a nitch, yours is pua live it up....
and if it count for anything if you wrote one i would buy a copy. Wink

~ACE~
Back to top Go down
nuked
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
nuked

Male Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:13 am

Tripp being a writer already, you know that the success of the book depends on the market/marketing of it.

There is so many books on PUAs by people who really don't know what their talking about, that when it comes to just recommending books to new people the only ones that are recommended are major books like the Handbook, and DYD.

I know you would be able to write a great book, but I suggest you find someone to sponsor it so you can get it out to a bigger crowd other than just this forum. You could contact major companies, and tell them you'll give em a free copy and a piece of the profits if they market your product.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jjobin11
Fortunehooks1
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Fortunehooks1

Male Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:48 am

Here's the thing Tripp. With all the newsletters you have already written, and the new knowledge you expound on those topics periodically. Yes, you can write a book about the venusian arts, but with everything else you have going on. This might not be the time to fully focus on that subject. You have your son and slew of other projects taking off. peace,lvoe and succe SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fortunehooks
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:35 pm

I definitely know you have the knowledge and experience to write a book on PUA. To be honest I was thinking about this very thing a little while ago and got about 150 pages into writing it and stopped.

Mostly because of what JJ mentioned. The market is so saturated with PUA material, that even the guru's like Sinn, Mehow, etc have trouble selling stuff.

If you can get some backing then I think it'd be great for you. But you know as I do you won't get rich just off the people on the forums buying it. You need a wider audience. Smile

Then of course there is what Fortune said about the timing with everything else you have going on.

You don't need me to tell you it's your decision. I'd probably write it but also let it sit on the shelf so to speak to wait for the market and economy.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks guys for your input. This is what I was looking for. Yes, it's true and you guys know it very well, I have tons of stuff going on. With my son . . . who's situation is up and down each week, with other projects in PUA and outside of PUA as you know from the excerpt I posted in the Off Topic section, etc.

And yeah, the economy . . . which is why I decided to launch the monthly program to make a lot of stuff more affordable.

Thanks guys. MUCH appreciated!
Back to top Go down
randy1random
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
randy1random

Male Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:10 pm

You definitely have it in you if you can find the time. If you did write a book what would you include? Would you focus on key aspects or general theory? Would it be for people starting out or experianced puas? How would you make it different from all the other books out there?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm

randy, those are excellent questions. I hadn't got that far into the thinking yet, lol. After all, this idea was brought to me just days ago. Honestly, I'd have to look back over things I have already written and see what I've written more on already. Has it been general, or more specific? And, I remember a conversation me and J had way back when we split the newsletters. He noted that I got more in depth, without trying to, than what a general newsletter should be, and what most new guys need. So, I guess that fact would steer me in the direction of not writing stuff for someone just starting out. Of course, that would probably also diminish the size of the target audience as well, so I really can't answer those questions at this time, lol.
Back to top Go down
PUA to be
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
PUA to be

Male Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:01 pm

id buy it. write it Smile
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:55 am

I think a couple guys touched on good points, and ill try to bring them together...

I've already told you my view on things, your fortay is PUA and writting. It only seems logical you would combine the 2 into a marketable venture. Business is not the time to learn new things. Business is the time to compund all the things you specalize in and present them in a unique way to its target audience.

I think you should do it, on your time...if it takes you a week to write or 10 years...i think you should do it.

With that being said, how you do it and what exactly you do are most important and should preface your decision on actually starting it or not. In other words comming up with a viable concept is important before deciding if you make the effort to do something.

The biggest general concern is who is your target audience, who will buy what your selling, and do you base your product on the target audience or let your work be a reflection of yourself in hopes that the target audience for that is larger.

Basically you need to come up with what John Nash would call an Original Idea. You need to come up with a unique way of writting, a unique perspective on a possibly unique topic...and most of all the delivery and presentation have to be unique.

The reason that "The Game" does so well is it is NOT a How-To, instead it reads like a story based on actual experience. Style had an Original Idea in how he aproached the subject material and how he presented it.
That is an example of what made something like his work become successful. You cannot simply regurgetate ideas and subjects and have it become successful. While you may have unique ways of approaching PUA, your ideas and concpets are based on things that already exsist. Since you approach PUA in a unique fashion, you also have to write in a unique fashion.

I think that your forums and your writtings should have a synergy to them. The forum would be a great way to market the book and the book a great way to market the forums. I see possablities of maybe having some relation between the Vault and your book. As i metioned in the past i think your vault membership should include a definitive, tangible, asset to the "customer". This would be a great example.

Maybe your could start a line of books focused on different aspects of PUA, using real questions from the forums and then addressing them within a book as a sort of general answer to a given topic...say a book on getting into PUA, a book on inner game, a book on style/body language, a book on being alpha...etc.

Providing books on a regular basis (montly, quarterly, bi-yearly) would give you the ability to charge in those terms as well for membership to the vault...of course including whatever other products/benefits the membership could offer.

Maybe also you could consider writting biographies or assisting other in auto biographies...with your connections possibly writting these books about big names in PUA.

There are many ways to approach such a venture, but it has to be unique and it has to be in line with your skills. Thats what i think of this.
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Quote :
Maybe also you could consider writting biographies or assisting other
in auto biographies...with your connections possibly writting these
books about big names in PUA.
Now that seems like a good idea, not trying to make money off of the already diluted theory aspect. But make money off of the not really utilized, guru worshiping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing a PUA book?   Writing a PUA book? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing a PUA book?
Page 1 of 1