Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acting Lessons?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoyaltyInExile
rAFC
rAFC
RoyaltyInExile

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Acting Lessons? Empty
PostSubject: Acting Lessons?   Acting Lessons? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:22 pm

I read somewhere, I can't remember where, but somewhere I read that taking Improvisational Acting Classes is good for learning how to become better at conversation and to learn how to think on your feet. Do you agree?

I checked the local Community College but they don't offer Improvisational Acting. They only have a course in Theater. Do you think it would still be almost as good? If not, where else could I look for places that teach Improvisational Acting besides colleges?
Back to top Go down
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Acting Lessons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acting Lessons?   Acting Lessons? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:49 am

I used to watch improv fairly regularly at the Market Theater in Seattle. If I remember correctly, they offered a weekly class. I don't think it cost much. Check some community theaters or where ever improv shows are performed. If nothing else, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

I think it's a great idea, and at worst would make you better able to use humor better in conversation, which is always nice Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy

Acting Lessons?
Page 1 of 1