Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pick Up Artist 2

Go down 
+4
JSmooth
L.A. Tripp
Juice
z-mac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
z-mac
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
z-mac

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:17 am

Early on this forum a few monthes back, I remember a discussion about Mystery revealing our society on VH1. I feel that this season is great. The students are AFC who are esculating in game just as many of us have and are experiencing now.

I think we should open a discussion section on the show. That is my suggestion, I am not walking over LA Tripp or anything. However the show raises questions and lessons I would like to review.

For example: when we approach a set who is facing the bar, what are the methods of having the set accept you. I mean the set must see that you earned the right for them to turn and face you.

Than Mystery gave a student a scarf, that helps him get opened by HB's. Mystery really knows his props. Many PUA's do not reveal there props for what works and what does not. Why did this work for him. I would have never thought of wearing that cheesy looking thing, but the dude was approached for it.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Male Number of posts : 944
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:13 am

Well thats what it does, its a props job for you to eliminate some of the hard work for the night. Its happened to me in field and it makes me happy during the night to be opened.

In in the communities eyes, it sets you apart from all the guys wearing T-shirts and regular clothes. When girls talk about you at the end of the night, if they dont remember your name which they should, they'll be looking for the guy with the Boa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/trujuice
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:19 am

z-mac wrote:

For example: when we approach a set who is facing the bar, what are the methods of having the set accept you. I mean the set must see that you earned the right for them to turn and face you.

Than Mystery gave a student a scarf, that helps him get opened by HB's. Mystery really knows his props. Many PUA's do not reveal there props for what works and what does not. Why did this work for him. I would have never thought of wearing that cheesy looking thing, but the dude was approached for it.

No, you're not walking over me. I think this is a great idea for a thread. I haven't caught the whole episode yet, so I don't know what all happened on it, but caught the second half. My DVR messed up. It's about to come on for me again in about 15 minutes.

Anyway, approaching a set facing a bar, you have to have something of interest about you. Either a prop that will get you opened, or your opener should be very fun or very interesting. In other words something to CATCH the sets attention, like any opener should do. And, it should catch the WHOLE set, not just one person in the set, as Mystery mentioned for one of the students on there. The whole set needs to be engaged at first.

And yes, as Juice said, the prop sets you apart a bit from every other guy, but in order to KEEP the set once you are opened, you have to be interesting in and of yourself too.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
JSmooth
PUG

Male Number of posts : 1530

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:32 pm

L.A. Tripp wrote:
z-mac wrote:

No, you're not walking over me. I think this is a great idea for a thread. I haven't caught the whole episode yet, so I don't know what all happened on it, but caught the second half. My DVR messed up. It's about to come on for me again in about 15 minutes.

Anyway, approaching a set facing a bar, you have to have something of interest about you. Either a prop that will get you opened, or your opener should be very fun or very interesting. In other words something to CATCH the sets attention, like any opener should do. And, it should catch the WHOLE set, not just one person in the set, as Mystery mentioned for one of the students on there. The whole set needs to be engaged at first.

And yes, as Juice said, the prop sets you apart a bit from every other guy, but in order to KEEP the set once you are opened, you have to be interesting in and of yourself too.

Agreed. I have been doing my best to keep track of every episode and what happens in it. I agree there are some good lessons in the show but they are not complete by any means.

A prop can be a fun thing to use, and can help you lock in your target while you are ignoring her mostly talking to the obstacle. Like Tripp said you have to be interesting yourself or it really doesn't matter. In the show Matt who had the prop wasn't able to effectively use it. I have seen videos of using props to lock people in. They can be very useful in field to someone who knows what they are doing.

When I approach a set that is facing the bar and not facing me, I do my best to come in at an angle and not directly from behind them like I am trying to get them to turn. A great way to work this is to open a set adjacent to the set at the bar and then combine the sets, or move from Set #1 to the set you desire. That is just one of many things to do.

Let's say you just want to open them and you don't want to go through all the other building social proof to get in that set facing the bar. Typically what I would do in this case is walk up to the bar like I'm about to order. Act like they caught my eye and then spontaneously open them. I am beside them and over the shoulder, as the set hooks I need to lock into the bar with them facing me. This needs to be done within the first few minutes of the set or I risk loosing them. I have run sets with my back to the bar talking to them facing the bar and talking over my target to the obstacle. Much like you would if you had a 2 set you can't seperate and had to talk to them on a couch. This is talked about a little in the show.

Anyways, I hope that gives you a few ideas to use out there in the field. What other stuff from the show do you guys want to talk about?
BTW, We're now STICKIED
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 pm

Yeah, in the last month or so I havent been sticking to the basics like I should, but in this stage of the game, that im at, I should be able to walk in and do this no problem.
Back to top Go down
LaRockStar
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm glad to see this is a stickie! I have yet to watch the episodes, because, well I'm a bit nervous to see the PUA on TV.

However, it can only help me - not hinder me.

J, Tripp, or anybody else for that matter - do you guys know of a place where I can watch all the previously aired episodes of Season II?
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:03 am

VH1 would be a good site for the episodes here in America. Pickuptara.com should have some on there, or download them.

If I understand correctly though, VH1 has the episodes on their site, but if you're outside the U.S. you can't view them on that site.
Back to top Go down
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:09 pm

I don't know about you guys, but last night I was cheering all the guys on.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:18 pm

I think Greg should have went home to be honest, but I see why Rian went home also, he cant pull the trigger and it seems by the next episode he would have probably went home anyway
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Why is that Juice?

I think it was Rian's time to go. He had two girls BEGGING him to kiss BOTH of them and couldn't pull the trigger, other than that little peck he gave one girl. He said later (as Matador pointed out, backward rationalizing), that he considered that pulling the trigger because he never even kisses his family, which is a shame.

I think Greg was awesome with his make out. The girl came back for more, and more.

Rian was obviously the weakest.

Matt was ok, but should have kinoed sooner.

Simeon was the strongest last night. He had the frame, he controlled his own target, helped Matt with his targets, he led. He was the alpha.
Back to top Go down
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:45 pm

I think Greg was the smoothest, I think Simeon was the most aware of what was going on and basically the best wing out of them all.

I think Greg was the best because he didn't really need a wing, he isolated pretty quick.

Idk though, I'll watch it again.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 am

I agree, Greg was smooth. He's also got looks. He just needs more guts.

He's still my personal favorite out of them.
Back to top Go down
Juice
PUG Apprentice
Juice

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:59 am

Nah.. Im talking in the area of the objective of the mission, Greg didnt fulfill his obligations as a wingman.. which made him the reason to go as far as progression.. Rian should have been offed I do agree with that
Back to top Go down
RoyaltyInExile
rAFC
rAFC
RoyaltyInExile

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:23 am

So how did everybody like the second season of The Pick Up Artist? Do you think there will be a season three?

If they do have a season three, they're going to have to teach the guys better openers. I thought it was an embarassment to them that their winner of the whole second season won by approaching every girl with the same line from Dirty Dancing. I'd expect something with a little more sophistication, something that makes you think a little more, to be needed to approach girls successfully enough to win the show instead of that kind of a line.

Even if there is nothing staged about that show, even if it's totally legit, you know it's going to make a lot of people wonder if the whole thing was staged when the supposed state of the art pick up artists taught Simeon to use that line on every single approach, and not just that, but the line actually turned out to work good enough for him to win the show.

I went to the VH1 message boards,not to post anything about the show, but just to read what people were saying about the show and for every person who said anything good about the show, there had to have been at least three or four people saying something negative about the show or about Mystery himself.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:13 pm

I wonder what necklaces matador is wearing.
Like a dog tag or something. Anybody has an idea?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pick Up Artist 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick Up Artist 2   Pick Up Artist 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick Up Artist 2
Page 1 of 1