Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...

Go down 
+6
Vedere
~Meg~
Hobbit
MattJacks
Ka
AuthorMessage
PUA

Male Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... Empty
PostSubject: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:57 am

Hey guys, what are your thoughts/experiences with smoking?

My experience is that smoking has certainly helped me close once or twice, and I can only think of one specific time where it prevented it. Most bars in my city are non-smoking now, and I've never smoked in my home. Going outside bars for a smoke is a good way to slow down the intake of alcohol, and running into a female out there provides common ground (easy to open while both smoking) and a "transplant" situation: a female outside a bar looser than one might find in an average day scene. I don't care about the negative health consequences.

What I wonder is for every set I can open smoking, how many close to me because of this? Do any of you have impressions or experience to contradict my seemingly good luck with cigarettes?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cantchangerandy
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

Male Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:44 am

Its like any other cultural iconic thing...it will attract only those (a small niche) who share the same interest.Like tattoos or peircings or extreme styles...If you like the type of girl who smokes, then you can smoke yourself and it will help.I personally find girls who smoke unattractive regardless of physical appearence. I also have firends who are girls who disdain smokeing.
Back to top Go down
MattJacks
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 806
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:54 am

Ka wrote:
I personally find girls who smoke unattractive regardless of physical appearence

Agreed. I think allot of people dont like smoking, but those that do smoke it is only another comonality that you share. For me I dont even want to hook up with an ashtray Wink
Back to top Go down
PUA

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Quote :
Its like any other cultural iconic thing...it will attract only those (a small niche) who share the same interest.

I've bummed dozens of cigarettes to people who never smoke sober, and nobody has ever directly said to me they would not hook up because I smoke. But there's the problem: the reasonless shutoff. Man, I'm not even sure why I started that thread. I know it's absurd! The only time I really wanted to quit was in Iraq, and my battalion doctor urged me to reconsider. Pesky cigarettes.

Quote :
For me I dont even want to hook up with an ashtray

And that just gave me a mental image of accidentally drinking a beer can that's been used as an ashtray. Yuck!
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 pm

I dated a girl in highschool who smoked very rarely (i.e. a cigarette every 2 or 3 weeks, when stressed). I wouldn't have dated her if I knew that before hand, and even smoking that small amount was too much for me. She eventually stopped at the end of our relationship. I can't stand smokers as possible partners.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Karma wrote:
Quote :
Its like any other cultural iconic thing...it will attract only those (a small niche) who share the same interest.

I've bummed dozens of cigarettes to people who never smoke sober, and nobody has ever directly said to me they would not hook up because I smoke.
Yes thats the niche, there are many people who only smoke every now and then, or only when they drink...bottom line is there are people who do and people who dont. As you can tell from this post those who dont are tunred off by it...they may not turn you down completely, i wasnt saying they would...just pointing out that smokeing doesnt help you with that crowd...if anything it may hurt.Where smokeing will be to your advantage is with the group that shares that commonality with you. It will, as you have pointed out, put you in a position to open them or be opened by them.And just to give you the perspective of a non-smoker...we tend to hang out with other non smokers and avoid people who do smoke or venues that allow it. For alot of us (non-smokers) its a personal choice that revolves around health and taste, and unfortunatly its not like chosing to drink. If your a non drinker you can hang around people who drink and not be affected. However if your a non smoker and you hang around people who smoke, you have to breathe the smoke in...I cant tell you how many nights we'd be on the way home and everyone starts complaining they stink link smoke, or how many times i've come home and stripped off and can smell the smoke in my clothing from the laundry basket accross the room and the smoke in my hair. Smokers dont notice this because they cant smell it.Im not trying to convince you not to smoke, its your choice, just giving you some insight since you asked.**EDIT: for some reason none of my spacing or formatting showed up...i dont write things in one big cluster fuk...sorry***
Back to top Go down
~Meg~
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
~Meg~

Female Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Smoking is a disgusting habit. Why would you start smoking so you can open girls? Thats so fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:21 pm

~Meg~ wrote:
Smoking is a disgusting habit. Why would you start smoking so you can open girls? Thats so fucking stupid.

Wow Meg! Do i have to hose you down to cool you off? Wink

Seriously though i dont think he said he started smokeing because of girls...what i think hes trying to say among other things is that one reason he isnt quitting is it helps him meet girls....and i can see his point there.
Back to top Go down
Hobbit
PUA
PUA

Male Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Meet girls vs Destroy Your Quality of Life

Eh... Tough decision I guess?
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:20 pm

Listen guys...im the most anti-smoker type you can meet...i made both my parents quit, and have had 3 cancer related deaths in my family related to smoking..last of which was my 40 year old uncle who left 2 kids behind...But i think your comparing this too direct...unless i am way of in interpretting what the OP was trying to say.I think he has his own reasons for wanting to smoke, and hes just commenting that it has helped him meet girls. Hes not saying he started smoking to get girls or he only does it to get girls...hes saying he does it and has noticed that it attracts some girls or has put him in a position to meet some girls. It may be a factor in why he doesnt care to quit...but i doubt its a major reason.His health and his choices are exactly that, while i may not agree with those life choices i certainly am not gonna waste my time trying to tell him hes wrong for making those choices....instead, since this is a forum for social interaction, will try and describe best i can how his choice will impact his social life.
Back to top Go down
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 pm

Hobbit wrote:
I dated a girl in highschool who smoked very rarely (i.e. a cigarette every 2 or 3 weeks, when stressed). I wouldn't have dated her if I knew that before hand, and even smoking that small amount was too much for me. She eventually stopped at the end of our relationship. I can't stand smokers as possible partners.

Me neither.

If you eat a carrot at a bar you might get opened more often then while smoking.
Back to top Go down
Briguy388
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member

Male Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:29 am

I've been a nonsmoker for about 3 months now. I started when my dad passed.(he was a smoker) When I was a kid the smell of my father comforted me, I loved him dearly and he loved me. Well I was 22 when he passed and his house was close to mine. I left all his things the way they were and after a couple of months the smell started to fade. I broke down and found a pack of his smokes and continued for 8 years. Now we all know that its common knowlege that smoking is bad, even with that I continued. My father was taken from me because of smoking. Now its time for me to learn from his mistakes. My dad was a great man and always wanted the best for me. He taught me integrity, and led by example. Even though he never would have wanted me to smoke, I still followed the example.

I don't know why I wrote this, just felt like I should. Smokers don't bother me, just felt like sharing my story.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:47 am

Briguy388 wrote:
I've been a nonsmoker for about 3 months now. I started when my dad passed.(he was a smoker) When I was a kid the smell of my father comforted me, I loved him dearly and he loved me. Well I was 22 when he passed and his house was close to mine. I left all his things the way they were and after a couple of months the smell started to fade. I broke down and found a pack of his smokes and continued for 8 years. Now we all know that its common knowlege that smoking is bad, even with that I continued. My father was taken from me because of smoking. Now its time for me to learn from his mistakes. My dad was a great man and always wanted the best for me. He taught me integrity, and led by example. Even though he never would have wanted me to smoke, I still followed the example.

I don't know why I wrote this, just felt like I should. Smokers don't bother me, just felt like sharing my story.

Im glad you shared that, and i can apreciate it myself having lost people close to me for the same reasons.

While i do not thinking smoking is a great choice, some people make that choice...and im fine with it. I think the notable concept here is that there are things that affect what types of people your surrounded by.

My brother for instances has alot of very cool, tasteful, very detailed tattoos...it gets alot of attention, especially from certain types of people. Sure some people look down on it, but as long as he is happy and it helps him meet people that are like minded, i see it as a great thing.

This concept can go big (like drinking, drugs, smoking, political views etc) or it can be small subtle things (an item or accessory you wear, and activity you do, etc)...these things help us not only identify ourselves, but to identify what groups we belong in (aka who is like us).
Back to top Go down
PUA

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:23 am

Ha, well, in case there was confusion, I certainly didn't start smoking in order to meet people! Ka was right; I simply commented that I have met people because of it. Make no mistake, I know it's terrible. It's a weakness. And I guess I asked my original question anticipating this response. So that is some good, non-biased validation-- thanks! But for the record, I tend to shy away from doing things I know to be stupid just to open sets.

Ka, you an I seem to be in the same town. I can't think of any bars in the city that allow smoking inside and aren't total dives, so I see what you mean about choosing other places to go out. I did hear that Denim allows it, but I haven't been there...

Anywho, what I need to do is just knock it off, I suppose. There's nothing to say I can't take "breaks" outside while at a bar or where ever anyway... I like how candid you guys are.
Back to top Go down
Ka
Tripp's Vault Member
Tripp's Vault Member
Ka

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:12 am

Karma wrote:
Ka, you an I seem to be in the same town. I can't think of any bars in the city that allow smoking inside and aren't total dives, so I see what you mean about choosing other places to go out. I did hear that Denim allows it, but I haven't been there...

Thats because in Philly its city law that you cannot have smoking inside a bar or club if you make something liek 10-20%+ of your revenue from food, which i beleive will shortly become a state law as well. Currently you can goto bars outside city limits that allow smokeing regardless.

Alot of bars decided to have no smokeing simply for the sake of their business. Smokers will goto a non smoking bar and go outside for a sig, non smokers will simply not goto a smoking bar.

A good example is a bar right down the street from me, i went once just to check it out...it has AWSOME food...but everyone smokes, so i havent went back despite the fact that a buddy of mine is good friends with the owner and i could get free drink, food, and stay after hours.

When the smokeing ban goes state wide, ill prob hang out there alot.
Back to top Go down
hade
AFC
AFC
hade

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Smoking is excellent for asking for a light etc, but your chances are damaged slightly with non-smoking girls.

Also, In UK now, you can't smoke in pubs and clubs so it's not good.
Although you can really open girls in the smoking area.
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Personally, I have no problem going out on the smoking patio and talking to people out there, guys or girls. I don't smoke at all. I don't stay out there either. I go out there at times, and some times I will take a girl out there with me just for some air. But, I have no problem opening someone out there that smokes, even though I don't smoke.

So, if that's what you are talking about, the smoking being the opener for you, you CAN open without that crutch very easily. You and Ka should hang out a bit too.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
PUA

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Quote :
So, if that's what you are talking about, the smoking being the opener for you, you CAN open without that crutch very easily.
I am going to try this. My thoughts are that if it seems like I'm outside just to pick up that's creepy, but I can easily just come outside for some air like you say.

Edit: by the way, two days into quitting. I have been tired of it, regardless of any potential benefit to opening.

Last edited by Karma on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left something out!)
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 pm

Go out for air, make a quick call, drop a quick text . . . and be SOCIAL while you're at it, which gives you the window to open . . .
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Maximus
rAFC
rAFC
Maximus

Male Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:16 am

I was thinking, you remember that cool commercial with the redneck dude
with the hole in his neck singing in a robotic voice? "Your life will
be a wreck, with a big hole in your neck."

They should do like a techno or breakbeat mix of that song. It would be
the biggest hit in all the clubs. Boom-chi boom-chi boom-chi boom-chi
boom-chi boom-chi boom boom boom "Your life will be a wreck with a big
hole in ya neck" ::scratchity scratchy:: "Your life will be a wreck
with that big hole in your neck." Boom-chi Boom-chi ..boom boom boom
"your life will...your life, your life li-li-li-li life life your life
will be a wreck with that big hole in ya neck" Then you have guys
breakdancing to it and women shaking their a$$es......Damn, that would
be AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...   Because it's just not enough that it can kill you... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Because it's just not enough that it can kill you...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The PUA Beat-
Jump to: