Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeVault AccessGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Language barrier opener

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ingredients
AFC
AFC
Ingredients

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-25

Language barrier opener Empty
PostSubject: Language barrier opener   Language barrier opener I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Hey,
My particular situation is that I'm living in (not travelling through) a country where I don't speak the language, so the usual one of saying 'I'm trying to find X can you help?' wouldn't really work.

Anyway, when doing some food shopping, how about this...

"Hey excuse me, do you speak English?"
"Um, yes!"
"Great, I need a bit of advice. My flatmate is sick and I want to make her some soup, but I can't read these packets. Can you tell me which of these would be best?"

Or whatever. I now it's very specific to one situation, ie seeing a HB when you're shopping for food, but I thought it was a nice opener.

What dyou think? And how could I move it from there?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
L.A. Tripp
Admin
Admin
L.A. Tripp

Male Number of posts : 4766
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Language barrier opener   Language barrier opener I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:15 pm

That would be great for your language barrier. Moving it from there . . . "you've been so helpful, is there a way I can keep in touch with you? You never know when I might need help again." With a smile at the end of course.
Back to top Go down
http://latripp.weebly.com  https://puas.forumotion.com/the-pua-be
Vedere
mPUA Apprentice
mPUA Apprentice
Vedere

Male Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Language barrier opener   Language barrier opener I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 pm

I lived in a foreign country for one year and I learnt the language there. I think it's a good thing to learn the language. You'll also meet new people (on the same level as you) in the classes.
Btw, it's not a barrier. It's a plus. I got complimented on my sweet accent Smile + you're from a foreign country , and IMO , people are genuinly more interested in foreigners / foreign cultures. Depends where you at ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Language barrier opener   Language barrier opener I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Language barrier opener
Page 1 of 1